Autopower Rollbar First Impressions - Page 13 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Racing > Track
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Track Discussion for track driving techniques, events and results.

Old 11-17-2015, 02:07 AM   #121
dkevox
[Team IEG VP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverton View Post
Seriously looking at this roll bar. Can the rear seat and seat back be replaced once the roll bar is installed?
Yes, but never ever have anyone ride back there. The seat pieces are just giant foam pieces. The bottom cushion fits without any issues, I haven't tried the top one, but I'm sure it would fit, you'll just have to squeeze it around the bar, but it'll fit.

Another alternative is the Beatrush rear bulkhead divider.

http://www.kamispeed.com/Beatrush-Re...r.a73060-a.htm

it fits nicely and provides a barrier from the trunk while allowing you to get rid of the seatbelts+ heavy braces for the rear seat.

The downside is that it provides less noise reduction, so you will hear the road a lot more as the trunk has no sound insulation.

Quote:
Hey Ddawgg, you know what would be funny? I'll bring you some Taco Bell breakfast food at Evopalooza, ya know, like a joke. It'll be hilarious, I can't wait....oh...hold on a sec. I got ahead of myself, I forgot your a giagantic douche that would rather go to a wedding then dominate a road course. Nevermind....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---------------------------
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--------------------------
dkevox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2015, 05:19 PM   #122
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

If you plan on having people on the back seat, please do them a favor and don't install the bar unless it's removable for when you want people sitting there. It's a serious safety hazard involving head injury.

Quote:
HA!! Yeah Orthojoe, quit being a vag in your safe, relatively practical cars...come back to us, come dance with the devil again....
KickAss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2015, 08:41 PM   #123
N.G.S.
[Approved Merchant]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverton View Post
Seriously looking at this roll bar. Can the rear seat and seat back be replaced once the roll bar is installed?
Yes and No -

It is possible to do, you will have issues with the the upper section of rear seat by the side bolsters. You can force them around the roll bar but they will stick out quite a bit. The roll bar makes the back seat unusable both from a practical sense and even more from a safety sense. The space gets shrunken down so much that getting an individual back there becomes extremely difficult, they have to be a contortionist to get in and out. The main problem lies in their safety, the bars are positioned where if there is a sudden stop, the rear seat occupant has no where to go but smack into one of the cross bars.

Need TPMS sensors that work and won't set off codes?

Buy my TPMS sensors and i will program them to work in your car (guaranteed) for FREE!

MY TPMS VENDOR THREAD

PM me!
TPMS Solution for Evo's and Mitsubishi Honda Subaru

2012 PB GSR
N.G.S. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 03:37 AM   #124
Silverton
Just Spooling Up

Just to reply: I like the Ryan Gates concept of having a roll bar/cage with the OEM rear seats. No passengers, but looks nice and is quieter. If I could buy the 311RS roll bar/cage, I would.
Turbo: CBRD TS/RBX, EFR 7163
Cams: AMS TMP, GSC springs/retainers
Tune: ID1000 PnP, Kozmic Walbro 255 kit, 5150 Racing
SST: Dodson sump, SS filter
Weight: AMS small battery kit, Odyssey PC 680; Rickerman front bumper beam; STM rear bumper bar; OEM fog delete
Brakes: Stoptech Trophy F (XP8), Girodisc SS R
Silverton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2017, 12:44 PM   #125
micjester
Just Spooling Up

Rear seat back will fit fine. Just take a snips and cut the wire backing out of the corners where it meets the bar. Then cut a bit of foam with a knife, and it bends right around the bar.
micjester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2018, 11:17 PM   #126
StudioRSR_Ben
n00b

Do you still have the roll bar installed today?
StudioRSR_Ben is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2018, 08:55 PM   #127
pawa_k2001
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioRSR_Ben View Post
Do you still have the roll bar installed today?
x2, would like to know long term feedback. Used to have a rear cage in a car, sold it but now getting the itch again.
pawa_k2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #128
dkevox
[Team IEG VP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawa_k2001 View Post
x2, would like to know long term feedback. Used to have a rear cage in a car, sold it but now getting the itch again.
Late reply,

But I still have mine. As long as you understand you are converting your car to a 2-seat vehicle then no issues.

Also haven't had any issues with the bar, though not sure how many issues a bar can give you. I like it, would recommend if you want one.

Quote:
Hey Ddawgg, you know what would be funny? I'll bring you some Taco Bell breakfast food at Evopalooza, ya know, like a joke. It'll be hilarious, I can't wait....oh...hold on a sec. I got ahead of myself, I forgot your a giagantic douche that would rather go to a wedding then dominate a road course. Nevermind....

---------------------------
--------------------------
dkevox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement