Track Maintenance... the day after - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Racing > Track
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Track Discussion for track driving techniques, events and results.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:10 PM   #1
MediumLebowski
[X General Mod]
[Sales Mod]

Track Maintenance... the day after

What did you do to your evo the day after the track? Example: "Drained the dominator, put sig back in"

What did you find?... What worries you?... What was loose? "My ______ was loose"

(If your motor exploded on the track thats a different story.)

Some of us (me) dont yet know what specifically to check for.
MediumLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2014, 06:31 PM   #2
qwertymess
X-phile

Just do a check on all hoses and clamps. Check tires, wheels, lugs, and brakes. Change oil and filter. Check behind and around turbo for cracks, or possible leaks. Thats really about it.
NASA MidWest TT2 #157
2013 3rd Place Overall TT2
AMS Built 2.2 & 750R
AMS Tuned
JRZ RS Pro's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
qwertymess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2014, 02:45 AM   #3
Brian303
Just Spooling Up

Drain catchcan(s), check turbo bolts tightness if on stock frame, get tire psi back down to daily driving if you used same tires, switch back to daily brake pads or check wear level if same pads, put camber back if you added more negative for track, get those pieces of rubber off the nose of you car if you were drafting someone, take a peek at your spark plugs' condition, make sure your firewall and the electrical conduit on it looks okay/not melted or burnt, ...

Sent from ultra buggy Autoguide app
Brian303 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 03:01 AM   #4
insane_DOHC
Forum Lackey

Definitely check the turbo and downpipe bolts. Pulled my turbo off today to put on my Full Race kit after the car has been sitting a week since the last track day. A downpipe bolt fell out and one was loosen up. Ended up burning a hole through the stock manifold heat shield.
insane_DOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2014, 01:47 PM   #5
HappyMint
Forum Addict

I think running oil for a single track day then changing it is a bit of a waste. Best bet is to get an oil analysis done. I ran dominator while daily driving, but I just ran short intervals ~2k - 2500 miles. This is with track / auto x days in between.

I was checking my manifold bolts in between sessions, they loosen VERY quickly and easily. You risk losing bolts / studs during the day if you don't check them.

Build thread with lots of vids:

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus
I'm drawn to them and cannot turn away. Its the same morbid fascination I'd have while watching a severely retarded person try to pick up a quarter off the street.

HappyMint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #6
CooperS7777

I always clean up the car first; if I don't do a full wash I just do a quick detail, and a full wash of the wheels. It's gives me a chance to look the exterior over closely and note any damage/issues, and cleaning the wheels not only gives me a good look at the brakes and tires, but prevents the huge amount of dust from becoming forever embedded in the wheels.

I've changed to doing oil changes every 2 events, but I do check oil levels as well as the rest of the fluids. I also check hoses and hose clamps throughout the day, especially the vac line on the fpr.

I'm glad I read this though because I was unaware of the manifold bolts, I'll have to add then to my list.
CooperS7777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #7
BADFISH6
Just Spooling Up

A couple more I do:
Check ayc / acd fluid reservoir in the trunk
Check vacuum lines from boost controller (particularly waste gate line for melting/tearing)
If you have a catch can, drain it.

To those of you who check manifold/ dp bolts between sessions:

How do you do this so quickly? It takes me 15 min just to get the stock heat shield out of the way not considering the time to let the car cool down first.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:39 PM   #8
Locust
Banned

Someone should make a big numbered or bulleted checklist and get it stickied IMO.
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2014, 11:32 PM   #9
josha1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locust View Post
Someone should make a big numbered or bulleted checklist and get it stickied IMO.

This would be super helpful!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-22-2014, 07:11 PM   #10
Roen
Forum Lackey

When I had my test pipe on, I just ran dominator on the street as well. My OCI's are low, 3k miles, so it's not so bad.
Roen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement