parts for GTX3076R - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Turbo
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Turbo Discussion for turbo systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2018, 11:11 AM   #1
KARo7
Forum Lackey
 
KARo7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
iTrader: (100)
Location: India
Posts: 1,814
parts for GTX3076R

Hello Guys,

I just got a GTX3076r gen2 and wanted to make sure i have all the right things for the install

So far on the power side i just have a full exhaust and AEM intake on the car.

I have acquired the following:
ATP GTX3076r turbo kit
Turbo gasket
FIC1200 injectors PNP adapters
AEM 320 fuel pump kit from MAP

I plan on ordering full IC pippes IC, surge tanka and a different intake.

Do I require a turbo inlet elbow to connect to the intake? and for the outlet i just use a reducer silicon coupler correct?

WHat have you guys used to connect the turbo inlet to the intake and what intake you recommend ,? is it custom fabricated or do some vendors sell it. this is specifiaclly for the ATP GTX3076r.

Your responses are appreciate, thanks in advance.
__________________
2008 GSR (sold but not forgotten)
2011 JDM MR - GTX3076r,FIC 1200, AEM fP, AEM boost and AFR, MAP 3.5" intake, Ohlins, whiteline Sways , Girodisk rotors-st43 pads, titan7 wheels, STM exhuast, AMS downpipe and IC set,
KARo7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-11-2018, 04:19 PM   #2
Hellfire1937
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 75
3 port EBCS!!! like grimmspeed or Cobb. I have this turbo, and love it. I’m AMS intake tho.
Hellfire1937 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2018, 12:20 AM   #3
turismolover22
X-phile
 
turismolover22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
iTrader: (0)
Location: NE Indiana
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARo7 View Post
Hello Guys,

I just got a GTX3076r gen2 and wanted to make sure i have all the right things for the install

So far on the power side i just have a full exhaust and AEM intake on the car.

I have acquired the following:
ATP GTX3076r turbo kit
Turbo gasket
FIC1200 injectors PNP adapters
AEM 320 fuel pump kit from MAP

I plan on ordering full IC pippes IC, surge tanka and a different intake.

Do I require a turbo inlet elbow to connect to the intake? and for the outlet i just use a reducer silicon coupler correct?

WHat have you guys used to connect the turbo inlet to the intake and what intake you recommend ,? is it custom fabricated or do some vendors sell it. this is specifiaclly for the ATP GTX3076r.

Your responses are appreciate, thanks in advance.
The intake elbow will depend on which turbo you get. If you got a "stock frame housing" turbo, then youll just want to pick up the 3 inch inlet elbow that places like Forced Performance and MAP sell. This is the compressor housing that looks like the stock one. Most would suggest getting the larger outlet adapter as well, but I feel this isn't going to provide much benefit, personally. The turbo is already the same outlet size as that bolt on elbow, why change the adapter outlet larger directly before a bend.

If you purchased the Gen II GTX series, you will need a 4 inch elbow that reduces down to whatever size your intake is. You'll need it in a 45 degree bend. I can pull up an example if you need it.

If you are on the Gen II you will also need some sort of 45-90 degree silicone outlet elbow to couple to your UICP. This will need to be another "one size to another size" reduction elbow, like the inlet. I believe all the major UICP pipes are 2.5 inch O.D., and the Gen II housing outlet is 2 inch. Don't quote me on that.

The only other thing I can think of that would be to your benefit is a better downpipe and High flow cat, muffler, or test pipe. If you dont already have a Cat-back exhaust, you can get one if you'd like, now is the time to do it.

If you want a loud downpipe, any of the "open dump" downpipes will work, ETS, MAP, STM etc.

If you want a quiet downpipe, the AMS widemouth is what is considered to be the "best" from both my tuner as well as many other people.
turismolover22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2018, 09:34 PM   #4
lbcevo
Just Spooling Up
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 242
The Gen 2 ATP turbos are now available with both stock frame compressor and Garret 4" ported shroud. I recommend, and have, the 4" Garret but then you need an elbow to connect to the intake and a silicon elbow will collapse under vacuum. Also, the outlet on the 4" compressor doesn't align with a standard Evo X UICP using a standard 90 deg elbow.

I had a custom 4" to 3.5" aluminum V-band elbow made for the compressor inlet to intake connection so it doesn't collapse, and a custom UICP made to perfectly align with the outlet's 2" to 2.5" 90 deg reducer elbow. Not cheap but well worth it.
__________________
Evo X SE #311
KT Motoring 2.0, 450 WHP DD FlexFuel|Jacks SST|Muellerized Ohlins R/T|ATP Gen 2 GTX3576R
Darton Sleeved|Cosworth Rods, Pistons|GSC S2 Cams, Springs|ACL/WPC Bearings|ARP CA625 HS, MS|ID 2000s|Radium FPH, FST-R, FR, CCs|SSP Pan
Accusump w/EPC|CBRD Radiator|Setrab Oil/3xSST Coolers|MAP SS Mani, OP|Moore 3.5 MAF|ETS FMIC|AMS/Magnaflow TBE
Whiteline FSB, RSB, RCK, FCAB, RCAB, FEL|Hotchkis REL|Enkei NT03+M 18x10.5+30|Hankook TD|Girodisc Rotors|Raybestos ST43|Zeitronix ZT-2

Last edited by lbcevo; 10-19-2018 at 09:38 PM.
lbcevo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2018, 07:26 AM   #5
KARo7
Forum Lackey
 
KARo7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
iTrader: (100)
Location: India
Posts: 1,814
Thanks for your responses guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turismolover22 View Post
The intake elbow will depend on which turbo you get. If you got a "stock frame housing" turbo, then youll just want to pick up the 3 inch inlet elbow that places like Forced Performance and MAP sell. This is the compressor housing that looks like the stock one. Most would suggest getting the larger outlet adapter as well, but I feel this isn't going to provide much benefit, personally. The turbo is already the same outlet size as that bolt on elbow, why change the adapter outlet larger directly before a bend.

If you purchased the Gen II GTX series, you will need a 4 inch elbow that reduces down to whatever size your intake is. You'll need it in a 45 degree bend. I can pull up an example if you need it.

If you are on the Gen II you will also need some sort of 45-90 degree silicone outlet elbow to couple to your UICP. This will need to be another "one size to another size" reduction elbow, like the inlet. I believe all the major UICP pipes are 2.5 inch O.D., and the Gen II housing outlet is 2 inch. Don't quote me on that.

The only other thing I can think of that would be to your benefit is a better downpipe and High flow cat, muffler, or test pipe. If you dont already have a Cat-back exhaust, you can get one if you'd like, now is the time to do it.

If you want a loud downpipe, any of the "open dump" downpipes will work, ETS, MAP, STM etc.

If you want a quiet downpipe, the AMS widemouth is what is considered to be the "best" from both my tuner as well as many other people.
I have the GEN 2 and looks like i need an elboe for the compressor inlet. Thekit came with a silicon coupler for the UICP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcevo View Post
The Gen 2 ATP turbos are now available with both stock frame compressor and Garret 4" ported shroud. I recommend, and have, the 4" Garret but then you need an elbow to connect to the intake and a silicon elbow will collapse under vacuum. Also, the outlet on the 4" compressor doesn't align with a standard Evo X UICP using a standard 90 deg elbow.

I had a custom 4" to 3.5" aluminum V-band elbow made for the compressor inlet to intake connection so it doesn't collapse, and a custom UICP made to perfectly align with the outlet's 2" to 2.5" 90 deg reducer elbow. Not cheap but well worth it.
Thanks for your response this is exactly the info i was looking for . I got the the 4" ported shroud aswell and was looking to use a silicon coupler, I guess i need an aluminum or SS elbow, none are readily available from any vendor as far as i know .

Who made your INlet and outlet elbows and do you know of anything raduly available that I can use ?
__________________
2008 GSR (sold but not forgotten)
2011 JDM MR - GTX3076r,FIC 1200, AEM fP, AEM boost and AFR, MAP 3.5" intake, Ohlins, whiteline Sways , Girodisk rotors-st43 pads, titan7 wheels, STM exhuast, AMS downpipe and IC set,
KARo7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2018, 10:29 PM   #6
turismolover22
X-phile
 
turismolover22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
iTrader: (0)
Location: NE Indiana
Posts: 757
https://www.allpurposepipes.com/4-in...2f09b26f5bcf08



Cut the bend to size. The piping doesn't NEED to be bead rolled on the ends as the intake side isn't going to see boost pressure. It does help keep things secure though. The other option is to explore the site for a 3.5 inch intake pipe instead, and use a 3.5-4 inch silicone bubble straight adapter at the turbo inlet.
turismolover22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gtx3076r??? evodeschamps Evo X Turbo 17 07-30-2012 03:25 AM
anyone running a GTX3076R (T3 / Vband)? Help me decide on a turbo! Beeble Evo X Turbo 80 07-24-2012 03:08 PM
ATP GTX3076R dyno! need more info! madfast Evo X Turbo 12 08-05-2011 08:55 PM
Garrett GTX3076R Turbo DRIV4K16 Evo X Turbo 6 04-15-2011 04:25 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:45 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.