Here is the truth about flash counters, warranty, etc *Interview w.Mits master tech* - Page 11 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 03-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #101
Cyp
Forum Lackey

I think you forgot to re-image the ECU like you forgot to re-image Eddies laptop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #102
alsong2002
X-phile

your car is out of warranty considering its 6 years old. also, one of the mitsu tech i know confirmed they will know the car beening tuned even if you flahsed back to stock. good luck man.
ATP GTX3576R with atp 3" inlet
3.5" ETS intercooler with UICP and LICP
AMS widemouth
Speedcircuit resonated test pipe
perrin catback
Map 3.5" intake
Synapse DV
GM 3 port
Boomba fuel rail
ID1300
Walbro 450 e85
Map AFPR kit
WTF inline fuel filter
Dodson super stock clutch kit sst
AEM gauges
Radium dual catch can
5150 TUNED--- 455/361 E85, 388/320 91OCT
alsong2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2014, 07:38 PM   #103
JHOOPS02
X-phile

What month in 2009 did you purchase the car? And did you purchase it new? I'm assuming you did. And how many miles on it? I can't recall if you said how many were on it and I don't want to go back and look as I just thought to ask while I was typing ;-)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Wicked White Evolution X
- MR
EVO Name : Sentoki
Rickerman Tuned
JHOOPS02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #104
Locust
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsong2002 View Post
your car is out of warranty considering its 6 years old. also, one of the mitsu tech i know confirmed they will know the car beening tuned even if you flahsed back to stock. good luck man.
I've read in multiple threads on here that there's a counter that increments every time a flash occurs and it rolls over after 99. Really not sure who is right/wrong in this case but Mitsu does seem to know when a car has been flashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHOOPS02 View Post
What month in 2009 did you purchase the car? And did you purchase it new? I'm assuming you did. And how many miles on it? I can't recall if you said how many were on it and I don't want to go back and look as I just thought to ask while I was typing ;-)
He said 13,000
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2014, 07:55 PM   #105
alsong2002
X-phile

i dont know either.
marjority of the tech will keep their mouth shut and get you cover under warranty (according to the tech I know). he said now dealers need money to run the business. most of the customers wont have enough cash to pay for a major warranty job, at the end they might want to go somewhere cheaper to do it. so dealers are getting smarter now and get you covered under warranty as long as your car wasnt crazily fuk up, because they will get pay by mitsu corporation.

just try to be as nice as you can when you speak with them.

[QUOTE=Locust;4046530]I've read in multiple threads on here that there's a counter that increments every time a flash occurs and it rolls over after 99. Really not sure who is right/wrong in this case but Mitsu does seem to know when a car has been flashed.
ATP GTX3576R with atp 3" inlet
3.5" ETS intercooler with UICP and LICP
AMS widemouth
Speedcircuit resonated test pipe
perrin catback
Map 3.5" intake
Synapse DV
GM 3 port
Boomba fuel rail
ID1300
Walbro 450 e85
Map AFPR kit
WTF inline fuel filter
Dodson super stock clutch kit sst
AEM gauges
Radium dual catch can
5150 TUNED--- 455/361 E85, 388/320 91OCT
alsong2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #106
pescadero1
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyp View Post
I'll take the car off your hands...$10k
hahaha! been trying to locate you for days!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pescadero1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 04:20 PM   #107
pescadero1
n00b

[quote=alsong2002;4046602]i dont know either.
marjority of the tech will keep their mouth shut and get you cover under warranty (according to the tech I know). he said now dealers need money to run the business. most of the customers wont have enough cash to pay for a major warranty job, at the end they might want to go somewhere cheaper to do it. so dealers are getting smarter now and get you covered under warranty as long as your car wasnt crazily fuk up, because they will get pay by mitsu corporation.

just try to be as nice as you can when you speak with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locust View Post
I've read in multiple threads on here that there's a counter that increments every time a flash occurs and it rolls over after 99. Really not sure who is right/wrong in this case but Mitsu does seem to know when a car has been flashed.
car was bought 05/09 brand new. the dealer was super nice but according to them, any warranty claim over $500, they have to call mitsu's techline to verify CVN number on ECU. and since the tranny's tear down cost is $5000, they had to call in order to get the CVN

suck, man...SUCKS!

oh well

pescadero1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #108
Cyp
Forum Lackey

It's cheaper to go aftermarket at this point. 500hp clutch packs!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement