Tune Question - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Tuning
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Tuning Discussion for tuning & engine control systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
ibeck907
n00b

Tune Question

I have a 2014 evo x gsr and I have been driving it mod free since I got it new in August of 2014. I am highly considering getting an ETS v2 Cat Back exhaust along with an ETS CAI, and possibly UICP. Also, I am getting the COBB v3 accessport. First question I have is 1. Am I okay with just buying the UICP now without getting the LICP or a new intercooler? 2. Once I add the UICP, CBE, and CAI is the tune with the accessport okay or do I need to get a Dyno tune? Thanks for helping!
ibeck907 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #2
orange09ralliart
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeck907 View Post
I have a 2014 evo x gsr and I have been driving it mod free since I got it new in August of 2014. I am highly considering getting an ETS v2 Cat Back exhaust along with an ETS CAI, and possibly UICP. Also, I am getting the COBB v3 accessport. First question I have is 1. Am I okay with just buying the UICP now without getting the LICP or a new intercooler? 2. Once I add the UICP, CBE, and CAI is the tune with the accessport okay or do I need to get a Dyno tune? Thanks for helping!
It's ok to get just the uicp. If getting a catback you might as well get a test pipe or high flow cat as well, that's where you'll get your gains from with an exhaust. A dyno tune is by far a better option than an accessport. Search the various maps Cobb has to offer though and see if they have the exact map for your set up...if the AP is really want you want to go with.

Quote:
And stretched tires are for cock hunting. Dont be that guy.
Quote:
OrangeRA has this color because his RA is so fast it turns to Roto blur when his car goes by.
"The Few, The Proud, The Rotor Glows"
orange09ralliart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2015, 08:42 PM   #3
ibeck907
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange09ralliart View Post
It's ok to get just the uicp. If getting a catback you might as well get a test pipe or high flow cat as well, that's where you'll get your gains from with an exhaust. A dyno tune is by far a better option than an accessport. Search the various maps Cobb has to offer though and see if they have the exact map for your set up...if the AP is really want you want to go with.
Thanks a lot. Right now I live in an area where they do not check for emissions, but I probably will be moving from there soon, so my concern is passing emissions, and I do believe a high flow cat will do that? Also, I will get some significant gains without a down pipe and just high flow and CB?
ibeck907 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 09:13 PM   #4
orange09ralliart
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeck907 View Post
Thanks a lot. Right now I live in an area where they do not check for emissions, but I probably will be moving from there soon, so my concern is passing emissions, and I do believe a high flow cat will do that? Also, I will get some significant gains without a down pipe and just high flow and CB?
I live in NY with strict emissions and I've had a hfc on my car for 3 years and have never had an issue. Would love to have a test pipe, but too risky and don't feel like changing it every year during inspection time. You'll get gains from the hfc over the oem cat, just not as much as a test pipe. You don't really need a downpipe unless you plan on upgrading your turbo...is what I've heard, also know that its a major pain to remove the stock downpipe.

Quote:
And stretched tires are for cock hunting. Dont be that guy.
Quote:
OrangeRA has this color because his RA is so fast it turns to Roto blur when his car goes by.
"The Few, The Proud, The Rotor Glows"
orange09ralliart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement