Tune Question - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Tuning
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Tuning Discussion for tuning & engine control systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
ibeck907
n00b
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
iTrader: (0)
Location: Jim Thorpe, PA
Posts: 18
Tune Question

I have a 2014 evo x gsr and I have been driving it mod free since I got it new in August of 2014. I am highly considering getting an ETS v2 Cat Back exhaust along with an ETS CAI, and possibly UICP. Also, I am getting the COBB v3 accessport. First question I have is 1. Am I okay with just buying the UICP now without getting the LICP or a new intercooler? 2. Once I add the UICP, CBE, and CAI is the tune with the accessport okay or do I need to get a Dyno tune? Thanks for helping!
ibeck907 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #2
orange09ralliart
Forum Lackey
 
orange09ralliart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
iTrader: (100)
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 2,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeck907 View Post
I have a 2014 evo x gsr and I have been driving it mod free since I got it new in August of 2014. I am highly considering getting an ETS v2 Cat Back exhaust along with an ETS CAI, and possibly UICP. Also, I am getting the COBB v3 accessport. First question I have is 1. Am I okay with just buying the UICP now without getting the LICP or a new intercooler? 2. Once I add the UICP, CBE, and CAI is the tune with the accessport okay or do I need to get a Dyno tune? Thanks for helping!
It's ok to get just the uicp. If getting a catback you might as well get a test pipe or high flow cat as well, that's where you'll get your gains from with an exhaust. A dyno tune is by far a better option than an accessport. Search the various maps Cobb has to offer though and see if they have the exact map for your set up...if the AP is really want you want to go with.
__________________
Evo X fmic/ Evo X bov/ UR uicp/ UR licp/ K&N drop-in/ UR hfc/ CPE cbe/ Cobb AP/ H&R springs/ 235/40/18 Continental DW/ 18/8" Tenzo Cuzco V1

Quote:
And stretched tires are for cock hunting. Dont be that guy.
Quote:
OrangeRA has this color because his RA is so fast it turns to Roto blur when his car goes by.
"The Few, The Proud, The Rotor Glows"
orange09ralliart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2015, 08:42 PM   #3
ibeck907
n00b
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
iTrader: (0)
Location: Jim Thorpe, PA
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange09ralliart View Post
It's ok to get just the uicp. If getting a catback you might as well get a test pipe or high flow cat as well, that's where you'll get your gains from with an exhaust. A dyno tune is by far a better option than an accessport. Search the various maps Cobb has to offer though and see if they have the exact map for your set up...if the AP is really want you want to go with.
Thanks a lot. Right now I live in an area where they do not check for emissions, but I probably will be moving from there soon, so my concern is passing emissions, and I do believe a high flow cat will do that? Also, I will get some significant gains without a down pipe and just high flow and CB?
ibeck907 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2015, 09:13 PM   #4
orange09ralliart
Forum Lackey
 
orange09ralliart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
iTrader: (100)
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 2,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeck907 View Post
Thanks a lot. Right now I live in an area where they do not check for emissions, but I probably will be moving from there soon, so my concern is passing emissions, and I do believe a high flow cat will do that? Also, I will get some significant gains without a down pipe and just high flow and CB?
I live in NY with strict emissions and I've had a hfc on my car for 3 years and have never had an issue. Would love to have a test pipe, but too risky and don't feel like changing it every year during inspection time. You'll get gains from the hfc over the oem cat, just not as much as a test pipe. You don't really need a downpipe unless you plan on upgrading your turbo...is what I've heard, also know that its a major pain to remove the stock downpipe.
__________________
Evo X fmic/ Evo X bov/ UR uicp/ UR licp/ K&N drop-in/ UR hfc/ CPE cbe/ Cobb AP/ H&R springs/ 235/40/18 Continental DW/ 18/8" Tenzo Cuzco V1

Quote:
And stretched tires are for cock hunting. Dont be that guy.
Quote:
OrangeRA has this color because his RA is so fast it turns to Roto blur when his car goes by.
"The Few, The Proud, The Rotor Glows"
orange09ralliart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cobb, ets, evox, gsr, tune

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tune question Lostfate Evo X Tuning 3 03-18-2013 09:22 PM
To tune OR Not to tune?! that is the question! ghostfaceSTikilla Evo X General 18 05-13-2012 08:41 PM
tune question ukie Evo X Tuning 14 05-23-2010 02:38 PM
Another do I need a tune question.. sorry... n4s Evo X Tuning 11 05-19-2009 09:40 PM
question on tune CA$HMONEY$ Evo X General 9 10-06-2008 10:09 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:55 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.