CBRD RB-X NEW turbo kits!! - Page 4 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Turbo
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Turbo Discussion for turbo systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:57 PM   #31
Murlo26
Dr. Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRDSpeedfactory View Post
just for reference- these are 3rd gear pulls on our MD-

cb
Yea I saw that now. I didn't realize this turbo was a 60 lb/min turbo. With that being said this thing might get close to 600whp on a full out build.

The spool is a bit slower than I would like but I am guessing transient is awesome.

Is that first graph vs a stock turbo?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2015, 06:30 PM   #32
CBRDSpeedfactory
[Approved Merchant]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
Yea I saw that now. I didn't realize this turbo was a 60 lb/min turbo. With that being said this thing might get close to 600whp on a full out build.

The spool is a bit slower than I would like but I am guessing transient is awesome.

Is that first graph vs a stock turbo?
first graph is versus the SAME exact car- with bbx lite ball bearing/our manifold/ams downpipe-

pretty big gains- stock turbo bolt on cars usually make 290-320 on our dyno- this car stock made 220whp- (it is our old shop car- owned by a client since 2011)-

BW rates and measures their turbos a little different- but this is very impressive- it was a bit stronger on response and torque than our TIAL VBAND 30R kit-

just for reference

I'm very impressed with it- doing street testing with it now- then its back off for more testing- we can offer the kit with the smaller EFR variant which is about 7 lbs min less-

cb

CBRD LLC-
Chad Block Racing Development
cbrdspeedfactory.com- click on our store for all of our evolution 8/9/X products

Now in our new 16,500 Square Foot Facility
CBRDSpeedfactory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2015, 06:49 PM   #33
Barrman
Just Spooling Up

I think your low reading dyno is throwing me off a little. Given that its running against BBX lite/full and has more power across the board, it looks impressive.

As Murlo noted, I was expecting spool to be a little quicker, but you said no MIVEC was done, so maybe thats part of it. Most of the other EFR results I've seen are for the TS T4 kit, which looks like it spools about the same, but had more top end, so I was expecting the smaller 7163 to spool faster.

Do you think you will get any more spool out the kit?
Barrman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 07:47 PM   #34
CBRDSpeedfactory
[Approved Merchant]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
I think your low reading dyno is throwing me off a little. Given that its running against BBX lite/full and has more power across the board, it looks impressive.

As Murlo noted, I was expecting spool to be a little quicker, but you said no MIVEC was done, so maybe thats part of it. Most of the other EFR results I've seen are for the TS T4 kit, which looks like it spools about the same, but had more top end, so I was expecting the smaller 7163 to spool faster.

Do you think you will get any more spool out the kit?
again- most plots are in 4th gear that people look at- we dyno in 3rd here- 4th gear will bring any of these turbos in about 500-600 rpm sooner-

the 7163 is basically making the power of the 7670- and is rated slightly smaller- on OUR dyno- compared to various other stock housing turbos- it spools about the same as most twin scroll stock housing- and making killer power and torque---

again- not apples to apples (since stock housing is TS etc) but was engineered to provide a turn key solution with better power output- light weight- and still bolt up to OEM components-

cb

CBRD LLC-
cbrdspeedfactory.com- click on our store for all of our evolution 8/9/X products

Old 03-17-2015, 08:28 PM   #35
Barrman
Just Spooling Up

Thats what I was thinking.

Its not apples-to-apples, and with how low this was reading m guess was actual horsepower was closer to what other 7670s were doing.

If the 500 RPM spool change is correct for the 3rd/4th gear change, then the spool on this is right where I would expect, and falls in line with what you said regarding not seeing the advantage to the TS setups.

Now I just need to sell some blood so I can buy this kit
Barrman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2015, 09:21 PM   #36
CBRDSpeedfactory
[Approved Merchant]

one thing to keep in mind this car was always one of the lower powered evo x's we've had on our dyno- so the power is pretty impressive

CBRD LLC-

Old 03-17-2015, 10:19 PM   #37
scalpel
Just Spooling Up

How would this compare to say an MHI?
scalpel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2015, 10:58 PM   #38
CBRDSpeedfactory
[Approved Merchant]

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalpel View Post
How would this compare to say an MHI?
I still have not yet had an MHI on our dyno- but i would suspect this would have great power output- not sure on spool- again since i havent tested-

we have tuned EF2/3, fp red, black, bbx lite, bbx full, etc-

This exact car the testing was done on- was our original shop car- it had the following:

stock turbo,CBRD big experimental 30R stock housing, 35R stock housing, Garrett 3076R big housing, Garrett 3076 small housing, original bbx full, original bbx lite bbx lite ball bearing, now this RB-X kit-

I would love to see what an MHI can do!!

cb

CBRD LLC-

Old 03-17-2015, 11:09 PM   #39
scalpel
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRDSpeedfactory View Post
I still have not yet had an MHI on our dyno- but i would suspect this would have great power output- not sure on spool- again since i havent tested-

we have tuned EF2/3, fp red, black, bbx lite, bbx full, etc-

This exact car the testing was done on- was our original shop car- it had the following:

stock turbo,CBRD big experimental 30R stock housing, 35R stock housing, Garrett 3076R big housing, Garrett 3076 small housing, original bbx full, original bbx lite bbx lite ball bearing, now this RB-X kit-

I would love to see what an MHI can do!!

cb
always impressed with cbrd continued development and products/service
scalpel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2015, 11:24 PM   #40
CBRDSpeedfactory
[Approved Merchant]

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalpel View Post
always impressed with cbrd continued development and products/service
Cheers-

we always try to keep things going - many people said "they are doing GTR's and porsches now i hope they dont abandon the EVO platform"

if you look at these pics- I think its obvious how much evo work we still do LOL! there are 32 cars here- about 20 are evo's-

these are all EVO intercooler tanks lol

CBRD LLC-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement