TPC G-Spec turbo vs Chris Robbins gt35r turbo - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Turbo
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Turbo Discussion for turbo systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 01-20-2019, 07:37 PM   #1
Tim
n00b

TPC G-Spec turbo vs Chris Robbins gt35r turbo

need help. Can’t decide which turbo to go with. I’m trying to make anywhere between 450 and 550whp. Anyone with any experience which these turbos, feel free to give your input such as power you’re making, the quality, reliability, how long you’ve had it etc...
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2019, 02:49 AM   #2
mikelbring

I have a G spec and know a few people with TPC turbos. TPC turbos are brand new with their own custom housing. They aren't rebuilt turbos like robbins. I've seen a lot of robbin turbos blow up and get sent to TPC for rebuild. G spec will make ~550 with cams on a stock motor. Their GT spec is making 600whp. It's questionable if robbins even balances the turbos. TPC will send a balance sheet with every turbo.
mikelbring is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2019, 12:19 PM   #3
Splattj
Just Spooling Up

I have one of Chris's "Red Spec" builds and will be bolting it and all the supporting mods on over this Winter. It took a few weeks to have my build turned around but what I got looks top notch and Chris was always responsive throughout the process.
Per his email when I asked about balancing: "The builds are balanced on a Turbo Technics high speed vsr balancing machine."

I didn't get a balance sheet but I suppose I didn't worry enough to ask for one. Given the size of his operation and the cost of the balancing machine, I'm guessing he sends the unit out to be balanced, which is part of the longer lead time.

I think you'd be fine with either setup as both should flow enough air to get you to 500hp
Splattj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 04:15 PM   #4
Tim
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelbring View Post
I have a G spec and know a few people with TPC turbos. TPC turbos are brand new with their own custom housing. They aren't rebuilt turbos like robbins. I've seen a lot of robbin turbos blow up and get sent to TPC for rebuild. G spec will make ~550 with cams on a stock motor. Their GT spec is making 600whp. It's questionable if robbins even balances the turbos. TPC will send a balance sheet with every turbo.
How do you like it so far?
Old 02-25-2019, 04:16 PM   #5
Tim
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splattj View Post
I have one of Chris's "Red Spec" builds and will be bolting it and all the supporting mods on over this Winter. It took a few weeks to have my build turned around but what I got looks top notch and Chris was always responsive throughout the process.
Per his email when I asked about balancing: "The builds are balanced on a Turbo Technics high speed vsr balancing machine."

I didn't get a balance sheet but I suppose I didn't worry enough to ask for one. Given the size of his operation and the cost of the balancing machine, I'm guessing he sends the unit out to be balanced, which is part of the longer lead time.

I think you'd be fine with either setup as both should flow enough air to get you to 500hp
Have you installed it yet? just wondering how it turned out
Old 02-25-2019, 04:42 PM   #6
Splattj
Just Spooling Up

I'm afraid it's going to be a while. I've been working on the X a few hours each weekend but it's going to be an all-winter project. Trans is out for a clutch upgrade. I have all the fueling mods on their way. Manifold-Turbo-Downpipe-HFC is next up since I have more space to get at all of it with the trans out! Probably 4-5 more weekends and then a tuning appointment! Hopefully by the time we get thawed out up here in MI I'll have had it on the dyno and ready for fair weather fun!
Splattj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2019, 03:33 PM   #7
gab.1
n00b

Hi i just install the R spec from TPC on fbo and S1 cam. Got it tune at 25 psi with 94. Since i got etune i didnt get any number but still it pull way harder. Ill go do some 1/4 pass to see whats my trap speed and ler you know guys.

Some time i ask myself why i didnt go with the GT spec since theres no lag issue with the R for daily.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
gab.1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2019, 10:51 PM   #8
mac10190
n00b

And that sounds really exciting. I ended up going with the Garrett 3576R for my build. The block should be coming back in about a week and kozmic is going to reassemble it. But it'll probably be another month before I finished break in and get to do any WOTs. I'd love to know what your track times end up being. Let me know if you get a chance to get it onto a dino. I'd love to know what those numbers look like. Particularly the torque curve.
COBB Airbox
ETS Test Pipe
Custom Duel Exhaust w/ Carven Mid-pipe Muffler
Protune by Kozmic Motorsports (309whp/310wtq) - Mustang Dyno
mac10190 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2019, 11:18 PM   #9
mikelbring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
How do you like it so far?
G spec was great, ended up pushing it to 630whp on my built motor. Upgraded to their GT spec and now I am making 660+, about to try for 700 after a few fuel upgrades.
mikelbring is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2019, 01:12 AM   #10
gintense
n00b

Are either of these units ball bearing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* Full complement angular contact ceramic ball bearing
* Point milled 3D geometry compressor wheels
* Ultralight mixed flow turbine wheels
* Low rotational inertia design
Evolution 1-3 RS-series (500-650hp)
Evolution 4-9 RS-series (550-725hp)
Evolution X RS-series (575-750hp)
gintense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement