Best Brake Fluid for the Track - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Racing > Track
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Track Discussion for track driving techniques, events and results.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:28 AM   #11
BBQMAN

Castrol SRF has long been the industry standard as the best. Their exclusive rights to the formula expired several years ago so there are more companies marketing that fluid at better prices.
Gulf Competition from the UK is one of those.
That said, most people don't have to spend this money on BF.

ATE super blue is a great start, but if you exceed it abilities, RBF600 is the most widely available racing fluid right now and does the job 95% of the time.
Alternatives are PBR BF600 Racing Fluid- Identical to RBF600 but way less expensive.
RBF660 works real well too.
BBQMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2011, 09:03 PM   #12
SiliconTek
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiliconTek View Post
The problem with Motul RBF600 is that it is simply too hygroscopic as a long term solution (absorbs water). It is one of the BEST fluids for performance applications, but I wouldn't use it unless on a dedicated track car or unless you plan on changing it more often.
I made that statement and fell into the "I have read that this is how it is" crowd without having any personal experience with it. In 2011 I am resolving to break the tradition of "I read this is the best/worst" and be a little more subjective. I got a great deal on some Motul RBF600 and decided it was time that I give it a try. I don't like trying to sell something that I haven't tried and after many positive reviews from cycles to off-road vehicles, I am going to give it a shot. I change my fluid regularly anyhow, I am going to run it through the summer and then see how it is holding up. So far I have ran the ATE Super Blue Racing and OEM, hard to tell color change on the blue stuff but also never had any gunking issues.
SiliconTek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 09:26 PM   #13
Z K
Forum Lackey

+1 Definitely try out different things.

I've found that regardless of whatever fluid it is, I change it every other track day. Everything overheats - just depends how hard you push it. I used to burned up ATE fluid in my CIVIC on the track. I can only imagine it would boil over a lot quicker in an Evo. The RBF600 overheats as well but the overhead is higher.

The Evo is extremely hard on brakes and it is one of the weak points to having a heavy car with lots of power - you need some heavy duty stuff to reduce speed quickly.

Having used the ATE and RBF600, next on my list is the Endless or Project Mu stuff. Project Mu pads are now the pads of choice for me, maybe their fluid is good as well.
Z K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #14
SiliconTek
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Having used the ATE and RBF600, next on my list is the Endless or Project Mu stuff. Project Mu pads are now the pads of choice for me, maybe their fluid is good as well.
I looked at the Endless stuff but it is pretty spendy!
SiliconTek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #15
Z K
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiliconTek View Post
I looked at the Endless stuff but it is pretty spendy!
Yeah, which is why I haven't tried it yet. lol
Old 01-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #16
Z K
Forum Lackey

Alright, I just ordered the Project Mu G Four brake fluid. I found a place to get it for a decent price. It is nearly 1/2 the price of the Endless but with higher heat ratings. Seems cool that it is green but will turn clear when it overheats. Makes it really easy to tell when you need a flush.

I usually go through brake fluid very fast. I buy RBF600 by the CASE. If I can change fluid less often, this is well worth it.

Now I just need a track day to try it out.

Last edited by Z K; 01-27-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #17
wilson1
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Alright, I just ordered the Project Mu G Four brake fluid. I found a place to get it for a decent price. It is nearly 1/2 the price of the Endless but with higher heat ratings. Seems cool that it is green but will turn clear when it overheats. Makes it really easy to tell when you need a flush.

I usually go through brake fluid very fast. I buy RBF600 by the CASE. If I can change fluid less often, this is well worth it.

Now I just need a track day to try it out.

so when's the next trackday?
wilson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement