1st NZ Evo X 5spd (Tarmac) heaps of pics. - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 12-07-2007, 09:38 PM   #1
on2it
Dr. Evo?

1st NZ Evo X 5spd (Tarmac) heaps of pics.

Just a couple of photos.
Better ones coming next Wednesday when my car club does an Evo 0-10 photoshoot. 7 weeks old.

NZ specs:
No leather. Except for wheel and knob. The rest = Suede and Cloth.
NZ got the performance option 5SpdMT and the STT
18" Lightweight BBS Alloys
Eibach springs
Bilstein Shocks
Black Interior
Lightweight 2 peice disc Bremo brakes (1.3kg lighter per piece over the standard Brembo discs)
No chrome front grill surrounds
High performance tires with stiffer walls and better grip.
Proximity security key.
From what I see its like the MR and the GSR package without satelite nav, full leather and the rockford sound system.
Specs:
http://mitsubishimotors.co.nz/vehicl...tion/specs.asp

You can actually feel the cars systems move the car around under you when youre pushing the car hard, it feels wierd but you can definatley corner hard and fast.
I had a evo 2 before and the X ride is less harsh, I really like it. I'd compare its ride to the latest Audi Rs4. Very livable and comfy.
Heaps of torque low down, feels way more than 206 kws..
The car feels a lot bigger. Inside theres heaps of room. I put my 1Yo in and out and theres heaps of space for all his stuff and his baby seat.
Battery and Water bottle ofcourse relocated to the boot, meaning boot space isnt as deep but its big enough. Absolutlely love the handling. Too bad the factory BBS dont come bigger than 18"'s.
Power on tap and certainly quieter than my previous Evo II. No regrets.

21/11/08:
Mods added:
Modified factory exhaust straight pipe and cat
Modified the factory muffler/rearbox.
HKS hardpiping and the HKS racing suction pipe.. (all have been powercoated black)

Factory intake and cold airbox remain the same.. even the filter!
After some dyno time result:380.5HP/6213rpm 467.2nmtq.

The factory exhaust now has a nice burble to it, gets real throaty at WOT.. I cant believe that those mods and a good tune have produced a monster..

Fuel usage is better, more economical.. the car now sits at 2800rpm at 100kms in 5th, before it was running at 3100rpm.. Power hits from 3000 and carries skyward 6500 then plateaus instead of tapering off.

Next up.
1/4 mile
dyno day to compare results on the same dyno that stock figures were taken on

Future Mods, injectors and fuel pump.
More Pics and audio to come.

And the money shot:

Photoshopped (thanks Kidney):

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current|HKS UICP|HKS Filter|HKS racing suction pipe kit|Modified Stock Exhaust|EcuTek FQ360 tune|ETS 3.5FMIC|Swift Springs|ACT ME-HDSS|ACT Streetlite Flywheel|
Installing
|FIC 1100cc injectors|K27 Surgetank kit+ Bosch044|
To Come
|BB FPGreen|Kelford Cams|Perrin3port|Perrin Bov|Tomei FPRegulator |Tomei FP guage|

Last edited by on2it; 01-02-2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: mods list edit.
on2it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2007, 09:38 PM   #2
on2it
Dr. Evo?

1st NZ Evo X 5spd (Tarmac) heaps of pics.

Just a couple of photos.
Better ones coming next Wednesday when my car club does an Evo 0-10 photoshoot. 7 weeks old.

NZ specs:
No leather. Except for wheel and knob. The rest = Suede and Cloth.
NZ got the performance option 5SpdMT and the STT
18" Lightweight BBS Alloys
Eibach springs
Bilstein Shocks
Black Interior
Lightweight 2 peice disc Bremo brakes (1.3kg lighter per piece over the standard Brembo discs)
No chrome front grill surrounds
High performance tires with stiffer walls and better grip.
Proximity security key.
From what I see its like the MR and the GSR package without satelite nav, full leather and the rockford sound system.
Specs:
http://mitsubishimotors.co.nz/vehicl...tion/specs.asp

You can actually feel the cars systems move the car around under you when youre pushing the car hard, it feels wierd but you can definatley corner hard and fast.
I had a evo 2 before and the X ride is less harsh, I really like it. I'd compare its ride to the latest Audi Rs4. Very livable and comfy.
The car feels a lot bigger. Inside theres heaps of room. I put my 1Yo in and out and theres heaps of space for all his stuff and his baby seat.
Battery and Water bottle ofcourse relocated to the boot, meaning boot space isnt as deep but its big enough. Absolutlely love the handling. Too bad the factory BBS dont come bigger than 18"'s.
Power on tap and certainly quieter than my previous Evo II. No regrets.

And the money shot:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current|HKS UICP|HKS Filter|HKS racing suction pipe kit|Modified Stock Exhaust|EcuTek FQ360 tune|ETS 3.5FMIC|Swift Springs|ACT ME-HDSS|ACT Streetlite Flywheel|
Installing
To Come
|BB FPGreen|Kelford Cams|Perrin3port|Perrin Bov|Tomei FPRegulator |Tomei FP guage|
Old 12-07-2007, 09:45 PM   #3
cksdayoff
Just Spooling Up

all i can say is...hot hot hot, its going to be difficult deciding between white and black.

thank you for that little mini review.

btw, one question. Do the asian markets get Tarmac Black and Phantom Black? At first I thought your X was Phantom but in your sig, it says Tarmac.
cksdayoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 09:45 PM   #4
Kooldino
Dino
[Approved Merchant]
[Local Team Member]

I'm in love.

Quote:
^This is great news to me. I'm generally unhappy with how 2.0L turbo cars feel low in the RPM range.

Apparently the X is a bit weak up top, near redline. Can you confirm or deny this?

Any chance of you taking a few video clips for us and posting them? I'd love to hear the idle, and hear the exhaust and such.
Kooldino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2007, 09:47 PM   #5
Kasedog18
Just Spooling Up

I wanna have hot turbo sex all over that car...LOL So hot! Nice pics!

Check out
and also

Kasedog18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #6
_Chris_
Forum Lackey

You are definitely the envy of the crowd!

_Chris_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2007, 10:10 PM   #7
Kooldino
Dino
[Approved Merchant]
[Local Team Member]

Seeing threads like this is really getting me excited.
Kooldino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2007, 10:13 PM   #8
on2it
Dr. Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cksdayoff View Post
btw, one question. Do the asian markets get Tarmac Black and Phantom Black? At first I thought your X was Phantom but in your sig, it says Tarmac.
I don't think NZ and Australia get phantom black, certainly NZ and perhaps JDM get Tarmac (which is actually charcoal/black.. almost black and dare I say it changes colour in different lighting). I had to put my name on the waiting list 1.5 years ago for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooldino View Post

^This is great news to me. I'm generally unhappy with how 2.0L turbo cars feel low in the RPM range.

Apparently the X is a bit weak up top, near redline. Can you confirm or deny this?

Any chance of you taking a few video clips for us and posting them? I'd love to hear the idle, and hear the exhaust and such.
1. Turbo spools at about 2K. TOrque is thick all the way up to 6K.
At 180kms/hr the car still wants to jump forward for more. Im pretty happy with its performance.I think it will run out of gear ratio around 240-250kms I will have to research this. Its actually scary that 400HP should be an easy figure to tune to given its stock performance already. I read somewhere that MMC designed it so you could double its power 'comfortably'. problem = modifying = voiding your 3 year warrenty.

2. I've only gone up to redline once. I didnt notice any issues. Will let you know if I do.

3.Clips- yeh sure, I'll do some clips this weekend but certainly after next Wednesday and post on this thread.

Installing
To Come

Last edited by on2it; 09-16-2008 at 08:00 AM. Reason: more photos and moving to the first page.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:13 PM   #9
on2it
Dr. Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cksdayoff View Post
I don't think NZ and Australia get phantom black, certainly NZ and perhaps JDM get Tarmac (which is actually charcoal/black.. almost black and dare I say it changes colour in different lighting). I had to put my name on the waiting list 1.5 years ago for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooldino View Post

1. Turbo spools at about 2K. TOrque is thick all the way up to 6K.
At 180kms/hr the car still wants to jump forward for more. Im pretty happy with its performance.I think it will run out of gear ratio around 240-250kms I will have to research this. Its actually scary that 400HP should be an easy figure to tune to given its stock performance already. I read somewhere that MMC designed it so you could double its power 'comfortably'. problem = modifying = voiding your 3 year warrenty.

2. I've only gone up to redline once. I didnt notice any issues. Will let you know if I do.

3.Clips- yeh sure, I'll do some clips this weekend but certainly after next Wednesday and post on this thread.

More pics added. The professional kind:

And the money shot:

Installing
To Come
Old 12-07-2007, 10:45 PM   #10
Saotome9
Banned

sick again!
Saotome9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement