1st NZ Evo X 5spd (Tarmac) heaps of pics. - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 12-08-2007, 04:48 AM   #21
xenite400bhp
n00b

Woooo...coool
thanks for the pics 0n2it.
xenite400bhp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2007, 05:46 AM   #22
Kooldino
Dino
[Approved Merchant]
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby View Post
Haha... what about in Singapore? I just committed to pay the equivalent of US$90k+ on my Evo X SST. It's not Mitsu's fault... it's the vehicle taxes. Income tax is much lower in Singapore than in the US, which really makes us better off overall.
Yeah, I heard singapore has some expensive cars! Kudos to you sir, you're dedicated.
Kooldino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2007, 06:31 AM   #23
FLK
Forum Lackey

Amazing pics, can't wait for more!
FLK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 08:34 AM   #24
on2it
Dr. Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
Are those the BBS rims? I thought they only come with the MR edition

NZ specs:
No leather. Except for wheel and knob. The rest = Suede and Cloth.
NZ got the performance option 5SpdMT and the STT
18" Lightweight BBS Alloys
Eibach springs
Bilstein Shocks
Black Interior
Lightweight 2 peice disc Bremo brakes (1.3kg lighter per piece over the standard Brembo discs)
No chrome front grill surrounds
High performance tires with stiffer walls and better grip.
Proximity security key.
From what I see its like the MR and the GSR package without satelite nav, full leather and the rockford sound system.
Specs:
http://mitsubishimotors.co.nz/vehicl...tion/specs.asp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current|HKS UICP|HKS Filter|HKS racing suction pipe kit|Modified Stock Exhaust|EcuTek FQ360 tune|ETS 3.5FMIC|Swift Springs|ACT ME-HDSS|ACT Streetlite Flywheel|
Installing
|FIC 1100cc injectors|K27 Surgetank kit+ Bosch044|
To Come
|BB FPGreen|Kelford Cams|Perrin3port|Perrin Bov|Tomei FPRegulator |Tomei FP guage|
on2it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #25
on2it
Dr. Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy653 View Post
Im not sure if anyone noticed but on the Mitsubishi New Zeland website the starting price is $62,990, which converts into $49000 CDN.
Its actually cheaper by about 2K from the Evo 9. :S

2nd hand market here in NZ is awesome.. straight from Japan.. cheaper than most places.. ie a TME Evo 6.5 would go for about 23-25K.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current|HKS UICP|HKS Filter|HKS racing suction pipe kit|Modified Stock Exhaust|EcuTek FQ360 tune|ETS 3.5FMIC|Swift Springs|ACT ME-HDSS|ACT Streetlite Flywheel|
Installing
To Come
|BB FPGreen|Kelford Cams|Perrin3port|Perrin Bov|Tomei FPRegulator |Tomei FP guage|
Old 12-08-2007, 04:07 PM   #26
ayS
X-phile

beautiful! thanks for sharing the pictures. love it!
ayS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2007, 08:40 PM   #27
on2it
Dr. Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooldino View Post
When you say spools at 2K..you mean it begins to spool @ 2K?

When do you hit full boost?

Do you have a boost gauge in it?
1. I can hear it sucking in air big time from 2K onwards. I think full boost comes at 3.5K-4K but cant be too sure till I get a boost guage or access to the mapping. I'm looking to keep the 'cockpit' reasonably stock so am getting any mods hidden for that 'sleeper' look. I've already started that hidden look for some of the 'devices' I have installed.

2. I also don't know the stock boost level. In my Evo II it was 12psi (until I started modding that). Does anyone know what it is for the Evo X?

Additional little things that improve but add weight to the Evo X:
- Interior very nice and easy to live with. Distinct difference to the earlier evo's. Interior improvements are the same across the new series of lancer) although I would have liked to see the Evo X have slightly different interior to indicate pedigree.
- Recaro seats now have built in airbags.
- Auto lights (off and on depending on lighting conditions)
- Auto rain sensing for wipers
- Battery and Water moved to the boot. (Very cool)
- Auto intercooler spray. (in my old evoII I had to do it manually)
- BlueTooth integration.
Edit:
- Proximity card is very cool. You actually dont need to key to start the car. And it unlocks as you walk beside the car.
Also unlocks the boot. Boot has a button that you press to open. ( will only open if you have the proximity card on you). The card also has an alarm on/off and boot open button.
- The HID lights are awesome and bright. No projector light upgrade required.
- The cornering lights are great. They light up the edges of your road when you turn.

Only complaints:
- I think the wheels could have been bigger or atleast the evo's suspension slightly lower.
- The stock AudioVox sound system sucks. If you have the option to go to the Rockford, then DO SO!! OR you'll be like me and wanting to upgrade sounds ASAP.
- Factory options can be expensive. ( I was given the option to get a Push Start button - cool feature but at $500 - not worth it).

Biggest bonus. The car is very very cool in the looks department so I can just focus on performance and perhaps a wheel upgrade.. IMO best option for MMC to ever have 'visually' is to have the BBS factory alloys in 20"'s..

Installing
To Come

Last edited by on2it; 12-08-2007 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Thought of more stuff.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:08 PM   #28
zenmaster
Just Spooling Up

Very informative review on2it. Especially on the sound system. I was wondering whether the stock sound is good enough. I think I'll be upgrading the sound myself then :P.

Now Driving:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
-Aero Package + Interior Sports Package.
-Will be installing custom ICE soon, speaker upgrades and a double din.
zenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2007, 11:35 PM   #29
on2it
Dr. Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
Very informative review on2it. Especially on the sound system. I was wondering whether the stock sound is good enough. I think I'll be upgrading the sound myself then :P.
yep definatley get better sounds if you havent got the Rockford Option.
The 6 speaker AudioVox stock system sucks the big one. I bought my wife a brand new 2007 Suzuki Swift LTD and the stock speakers in the Swift has a better sound! More base, more depth and less distortion.

Installing
To Come
Old 12-08-2007, 11:43 PM   #30
Jackygor
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by on2it View Post
yep definatley get better sounds if you havent got the Rockford Option.
The 6 speaker AudioVox stock system sucks the big one. I bought my wife a brand new 2007 Suzuki Swift LTD and the stock speakers in the Swift has a better sound! More base, more depth and less distortion.
Thats good to hear, now it is a no brainer for me to get the technology package!

edit: I am glad to hear that the interior has gotten a lot more livable! It actually has a lot of gadgets too! Your car must turn a lot of heads!

Oh ya, what are your thoughts about the sound of the exhaust? When you turn on the engine does it the "VROOMMM!" thing loudly? Oh and the engine sound too!

Last edited by Jackygor; 12-08-2007 at 11:51 PM.
Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement