SST Clutch Slipping or? - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Transmission & S-AWC System > SST
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

SST Post all topics about the SST transmission here.

Old 12-22-2013, 01:40 AM   #21
verkion
X-phile

Or you can just tap the AEM signal into the stock harness which is what I did. Its awesome for standalone logging!

Thanks!
verkion
verkion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2013, 01:58 AM   #22
TheNEWB
Forum Lackey

How does it run with AP uninstalled from Car?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, RS AUTOSPORTS Built, BakaTuned EVO

-----------------------
REDLINEGOODS PM me if you want the discount code
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HOW TO:

TheNEWB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2013, 02:00 AM   #23
TheNEWB
Forum Lackey

I had AP on my Rallifart. Went from junk map slipping on stage 2 91 map to flawless transmission on GST v3_91 octane basemap.

, RS AUTOSPORTS Built, BakaTuned EVO

-----------------------
REDLINEGOODS PM me if you want the discount code

HOW TO:

TheNEWB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 04:42 AM   #24
HawkDeluxe
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by verkion View Post
Or you can just tap the AEM signal into the stock harness which is what I did. Its awesome for standalone logging!

Thanks!
verkion
So you just followed the nicely written how-to on connecting it through the Rear O2 signal? If so, what are you sacrificing by not using your Rear O2 sensor? I've read it's only a check engine light and a fail on any emissions test.

I was thinking that maybe I could wire up a 2.5 mm headphone jack using AEM's RS232 signal and plug that straight into the Openport 2.0. However, I just read that AEM's serial information contains not only a number, but also error codes so I don't know how EvoScan would be able to parse out just the AFR.

Is there a way in the Openport 2.0 to parse the input data before supplying it to the OBD2 data request to remove any erroneous info? I'm going to look into this.

As an aside: I ordered my Tactrix Openport 2.0 on Wednesday around 10 am and it was at my doorstep before 2 pm the next day during the week before Christmas. I couldn't believe it. Nothing could wipe the goofy smile off my face for the rest of the day.

THANK YOU TACTRIX and FEDEX!
HawkDeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2013, 04:51 AM   #25
HawkDeluxe
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNEWB View Post
How does it run with AP uninstalled from Car?
I went from decent shifting on my Cobb Stage 1 v403 91 (especially compared to earlier revisions) to that OEM silky smooth shifting with almost immediate throttle response. Also, my RPM's don't seem to hunt nearly as much and I am not idling at ~900 - 950 rpm. I do miss the added HP and TQ though.

I haven't heard of GST? Do they also work on MR's? Would you recommend them?
Old 12-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #26
HawkDeluxe
n00b

So I've figured out how to record logs with Mode23 enabled using EvoScan and the Tactrix Cable's stand alone logger!

Before I figure out what to do with a Wideband, I am wondering if there is anything I can do in the meantime?

Is it appropriate for me to contact some of the e-tuners here for assistance as there really aren't many tuner shops around my area. Do e-tuners help with issues like mine?
Old 12-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #27
richardh
[Gearhead]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkDeluxe View Post
I haven't heard of GST? Do they also work on MR's? Would you recommend them?
The GST Base Maps are for Ralliarts, sorry.

Rich
richardh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2013, 11:57 PM   #28
HawkDeluxe
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardh View Post
The GST Base Maps are for Ralliarts, sorry.

Rich
Ahh okay. No problem!
Old 12-24-2013, 03:36 AM   #29
Beeble
Forum Lackey

what exactly do you need help with Hawk?

Beeble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #30
HawkDeluxe
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeble View Post
what exactly do you need help with Hawk?
Hi Beeble,

I'm looking for an E-Tuner who is an expert with SST's to tune my vehicle in hopes of removing some reproducible knock that I get while starting to accelerate already in motion. I hope that through the tuning process the E-Tuner will help guide me through any mechanical diagnostics that could point to anything involved with my knock issue.

Also, I will be looking get re-tuned with the addition of an exhaust, intake, etc. once any issues have been sorted out.

Merry Christmas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement