EVOpalooza 3, Gingerman Track Day - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Racing > Track
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Track Discussion for track driving techniques, events and results.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:06 PM   #1
morricus
Forum Lackey

EVOpalooza 3, Gingerman Track Day

Yes, its true! The most exciting event in ALL of Motorsports is upon us once again. Evopalooza 3...the pinnacle of track day excellence. For those not familiar, two years ago I made my own track day event at Gingerman Raceway in Michigan and named it Evopalooza. I had no experience with organizing an event, but have beyond a passion for driving my Evo on the track. I wanted more people to experience this, so I took a chance and set this up. I exceeded even my wildest expectations.

I will keep the total amount of cars relatively low, so everyone has plenty of running room. I'll have a few coaches, some with headsets, so if you have never driven on the track before you won't be left high and dry. This was one thing that kept me from getting on the track, I was intimidated. I can assure you that won't happen here. There is no pressure, no one is a professional race car driver.

I'll include lunch with the deal, most likely pizza, but if there is a complete kitchen onsite at Gingerman should you want something throughout the day.
If you're worried about changing your brake fluid or pads, don't be. For about $50, a very experienced tech can handle this for you.

I also will not be advertising this anywhere but this forum for the next month or so, to give as many Evo owners as possible a chance to go first. Please understand I don't make a dime from this event. In fact, it costs me money...a good amount too.

This event is on a Friday. On Saturday and Sunday, another great group rents the track as well. Much bigger event. I've made a deal with them to get all Evopalooza drivers a discount, so you can make a weekend of this. Its costs only $5 to camp at Gingerman, which is a blast. A quick run to the Walmart to pick up beer, tons of fun. This is also a resort town on the lake, so the option to rent a house exists too. A few guys could split the cost and stay together. I go the house rental route, but bring my 3 kids and their grandparents, so my house will not be party-central.
Hopefully all the guys that went last year can go this year, we had a fantastic group. And hopefully some of the last years drivers will chime in too, with good and bad. If there is something you think could be changed, I'm all ears!

Anyway, please try to come. Its a great time, and a good opportunity to not only see what your car can do, but also meet up with fellow Evo owners in a location that isn't a Starbucks parking lot. Thanks guys.

http://evopalooza.eventbrite.com/
Sponsored by TF-Works

TF-Works built 2.0
Full-Race 7064 turbo kit
Dodson Clubman
Kozmic/Adam Tune
Kozmic K27 Surge Tank, SSP Cooler
MOMO seats
Aquamist HFS-3 Meth kit
Stop-Tech Big Brake Kit, Carbotech XP 24/12 pads
Mishimoto X-line, oil cooler
Stance Pro Comp 2 Coilovers
morricus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2014, 05:20 PM   #2
qwertymess
X-phile

This is a great opportunity for anyone to come out and enjoy running your car the way it was meant to be ran. No pressure, lots of fun, and lots of track time. Im in, signed up and ready to go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1388773238206.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	134914  
NASA MidWest TT2 #157
2013 3rd Place Overall TT2
AMS Built 2.2 & 750R
AMS Tuned
JRZ RS Pro's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
qwertymess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 05:21 PM   #3
AdhesiveTeflon
Forum Lackey

DOOOOO ITTTTTT NAAOWWW.

cause I am. It's a nice laid back track day.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I've yet to lay my ears upon a Tomei but for anyone that has heard a ETS quiet which is what I came from, its about the same loudness until you go WOT, then the ETS screams like a bitch gettin in the ass for the first time whilst the akra is more akin to a 20 year old girl moaning and groaning loudly in your ear but in a sexy way. It's loud but you're loving every second of it.
AdhesiveTeflon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #4
Leon.D
Just Spooling Up

I will be back for sure this year, last year was a blast.

Last years track day was my first ever track day, so obviously I was nervous and intimidated. But I ran a couple of sessions with a more experienced driver, and I had no issues going solo for the rest of the day, and there is zero pressure, you can be on your own pace. And at least last year, you get a ton of track time. Everyone was great last year too, no issues on or off the track. Just a good time all around. If it wasn't for Evopalooza 2, I would have never tracked my Evo, but after the event, I tracked my Evo two more times last year, and I plan on doing a lot more track days this year.

I would recommend everyone who can to attend. Thanks Morricus for organizing the event.
Leon.D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
morricus
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon.D View Post
I will be back for sure this year, last year was a blast.

Last years track day was my first ever track day, so obviously I was nervous and intimidated. But I ran a couple of sessions with a more experienced driver, and I had no issues going solo for the rest of the day, and there is zero pressure, you can be on your own pace. And at least last year, you get a ton of track time. Everyone was great last year too, no issues on or off the track. Just a good time all around. If it wasn't for Evopalooza 2, I would have never tracked my Evo, but after the event, I tracked my Evo two more times last year, and I plan on doing a lot more track days this year.

I would recommend everyone who can to attend. Thanks Morricus for organizing the event.
Hell yeah!! This post made my day
Sponsored by TF-Works

TF-Works built 2.0
Full-Race 7064 turbo kit
Dodson Clubman
Kozmic/Adam Tune
Kozmic K27 Surge Tank, SSP Cooler
MOMO seats
Aquamist HFS-3 Meth kit
Stop-Tech Big Brake Kit, Carbotech XP 24/12 pads
Mishimoto X-line, oil cooler
Stance Pro Comp 2 Coilovers
morricus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 08:16 PM   #6
zabes
[Local Team Member]

i will see if i have funds available for this. also if my buddy is interested as well

zabes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #7
Foshoxtac
Just Spooling Up

I'm definitely interested as this would be my first track day ever.
Already seen you post this in Grip Union.

Foshoxtac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 11:02 PM   #8
Rik84
Forum Lackey

Depending on timing I may try and show up for this. We will see how the year stacks up!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Rik84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2014, 02:36 AM   #9
Highgain10
Just Spooling Up

I'm in this year, already signed up. We've got a schedule gap for NASA in May so this works out perfect. Need to work on my line a bit for our June NASA event at Gingerman anyways and maybe help out some others if I can. Nobody needs feel to feel intimidated by a track event. Doing one with a bunch of other Evo guys is probably the best way to jump in.
Highgain10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2014, 08:19 PM   #10
HappyMint
Forum Addict

I'm trying to figure out how to make this and the Tail of the Dragon trip happen on the same weekend since the dragon is about 40% of the way to Michigan. Unfortunately, I don't see any way around taking at least like 7 days off of work and having them on sequential weekends. I guess I could schedule the ToD trip the weekend before, then drive up to IL, visit a friend, then finish the trip with a track weekend at Gingerman. I don't think my S2k will hold enough luggage / tools / whatever else I may need to make that trip though lol.

I'd love to get lapped by some Evo's in my S2k on gingerman!

Build thread with lots of vids:

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus
I'm drawn to them and cannot turn away. Its the same morbid fascination I'd have while watching a severely retarded person try to pick up a quarter off the street.

HappyMint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement