New Online Magazine for Track Day Enthusiasts - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Racing > Track
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Track Discussion for track driving techniques, events and results.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:00 PM   #1
evo tracker
Just Spooling Up

New Online Magazine for Track Day Enthusiasts

I have not been posting lately because we have been working hard. My wife and I are both track day drivers and we have started a free online magazine catering exclusively to the track day driver enthusiast. We welcome you to visit our website at autotrackdaymonthly.com

Check out just some of our original articles:

Track designer Alan Wilson is interviewed

A review of smart phone data and video logging apps and interview with the developer of Track Attack

An interview with the developer of RaceRender video editing software and the smart phone app, TrackAddictHD

An interview with Daniel McCoey who is a time trial driver and a track prep shop owner in Australia on track modifications

Reviews of race track facilities NCCAR in North Carolina and The FIRM in Gainesville

Two articles on efforts to reduce street racing by youths

and How To articles on our How To and Getting Started tabs

Please check the 13 modules on our home page. By clicking 'Read More" you can go right to the original material.

Thanks,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
evo tracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2014, 08:40 PM   #2
dkevox
[Team IEG VP]

Dope,

Been browsing around your site a bit. I'm liking it!

Quote:
Hey Ddawgg, you know what would be funny? I'll bring you some Taco Bell breakfast food at Evopalooza, ya know, like a joke. It'll be hilarious, I can't wait....oh...hold on a sec. I got ahead of myself, I forgot your a giagantic douche that would rather go to a wedding then dominate a road course. Nevermind....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---------------------------
--------------------------
dkevox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #3
alliz
n00b

looks pretty good!
Good luck with it!
alliz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 09:02 PM   #4
evo tracker
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkevox View Post
Dope,

Been browsing around your site a bit. I'm liking it!
Thanks! Check out the Evo related stuff:
A review of the Evo X and interview with Mitsubishi Motors
Track mod article with the owner of Road Track Rally
Vidoes of the Evo driving experience under Video Archives and the MIEV attack on Pike's Peak

Enjoy!
Old 04-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #5
evo tracker
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliz View Post
looks pretty good!
Good luck with it!
Thanks! Tell your friends and come back often.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #6
dkevox
[Team IEG VP]

yeah, was reading through the McCoy interview. Saw that. A little busy at work but will finish it this weekend for sure.

Quote:
Hey Ddawgg, you know what would be funny? I'll bring you some Taco Bell breakfast food at Evopalooza, ya know, like a joke. It'll be hilarious, I can't wait....oh...hold on a sec. I got ahead of myself, I forgot your a giagantic douche that would rather go to a wedding then dominate a road course. Nevermind....

---------------------------
--------------------------
dkevox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #7
evo tracker
Just Spooling Up

May Issue Is Out

The May issue of www.autotrackdaymonthly is up! We've featured one of Paul Newman's favorite tracks, Brainerd International Raceway; everyone's dream kit car 818, developed by Factory Five Racing; Apache helicopter pilot turned track day enthusiast Chad Morehead; what to look for when modifying your brakes for track days; the ins and outs of track day insurance coverage and much more. We've also added turn-by-turn breakdowns of your favorite tracks so take a look before you go!

Old 05-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #8
evo tracker
Just Spooling Up

Our first reader submission has been published in our magazine. Read about driving instructor Doug Quara's interesting and sometimes hilarious instructing experiences here:

http://www.autotrackdaymonthly.com/i...etting-started

"I really thought that in any lap we’d end up running out of room at the exit and do some agricultural activities. But luckily we never did. How many ways can you say “Get up near the wall on the right!! GET UP NEAR THE WALL ON THE RIGHT!!?!?!?”

Old 05-24-2014, 08:55 PM   #9
evo tracker
Just Spooling Up

Auto TrackDay Monthly's upcoming June issue is running a story on vintage racer and writer Burt Levy who says, “I went to see a vintage race to do a story for Auto Week about it and I just fell in love. I mean here were all the cars I grew up lusting after. And it’s not just the doing it. It’s the people and the liturgy if you will – you know of being on the inside where you know the people and you know the cars and you know the stories and the wild characters you run into at racing. Racing is full of some great people. It’s just so much more vivid than everyday life. When you’re on a race weekend, it’s like being on a mission. You know what you’re trying to accomplish. It’s very goal oriented. And then you go back to what I call the mindless slop of everyday life. And you can’t wait to get back to the track.” While you're waiting to read more about Burt Levy in June, if you haven't already, read some of our current articles on brake upgrades, track insurance, track cars, getting started and how-to’s.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:14 AM   #10
evo tracker
Just Spooling Up

Our June issue is up. Read about Gene Felton who restores old, retired NASCAR race cars for track day use, how Hooked On Driving is doing its part in broadening the track day hobby, a behind the scenes look at the motorsports industry through the eyes of Timothy Frost, and much more!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement