Mini How-To: Radium Fuel Rail and FST-R Install - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Racing > Track
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Track Discussion for track driving techniques, events and results.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:04 PM   #21
dkevox
[Team IEG VP]

Is that the hose to connect to the oem fuel return line? I actually have that guy laying around in my apt somewhere cause I didn't need it.

Would be curious what you decide to do.

Quote:
Hey Ddawgg, you know what would be funny? I'll bring you some Taco Bell breakfast food at Evopalooza, ya know, like a joke. It'll be hilarious, I can't wait....oh...hold on a sec. I got ahead of myself, I forgot your a giagantic douche that would rather go to a wedding then dominate a road course. Nevermind....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---------------------------
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--------------------------
dkevox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2014, 03:50 AM   #22
momostallion
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkevox View Post
Is that the hose to connect to the oem fuel return line? I actually have that guy laying around in my apt somewhere cause I didn't need it.

Would be curious what you decide to do.
according to the directions, the hose with the 90* is for the outlet of the FST (green fitting) to the factory fuel supply line to the engine.

today i did the wiring for the surge tank. sized, cut and built out the wiring and loomed it all up. the only wire left is the blue wire

did some looking. there isn't a great place to mount the fuel filter so i think i want a single custom hardline built with a 180* coming off the FST to attach a filter right next to the FST running parallel up and down next to the tank.

momostallion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2014, 03:53 AM   #23
dkevox
[Team IEG VP]

if you find an appropriate fitting let me know. I'm wanting to install a filter in that same location, after all the issues i've had. sigh...

Quote:
Hey Ddawgg, you know what would be funny? I'll bring you some Taco Bell breakfast food at Evopalooza, ya know, like a joke. It'll be hilarious, I can't wait....oh...hold on a sec. I got ahead of myself, I forgot your a giagantic douche that would rather go to a wedding then dominate a road course. Nevermind....

Old 05-13-2014, 04:03 AM   #24
momostallion
Forum Lackey

cool, sounds good. the way i want to do it is fancy. it will most likely require modifying one of the ptfe hoses as well.

the easy way would be just to cut out a section of hose out, install some hose ends and connect the filter. the best hose to go with is the line from the stock pump going to the FST.

as far as filters, the one i have is a fuelab 81830 series filter with -6an in and out.
that filter has a 6 micron multi-fuel compatible element.

they have a 5" model as well as a check valve option.

Last edited by momostallion; 05-13-2014 at 04:06 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:31 AM   #25
dkevox
[Team IEG VP]

Put the filter on the outlet from the FST going to the fuel rail, not from the stock pump to the FST. Trust me...

I have to take my fuel rail back off and check the injectors and clean it out to make sure none of these little guys are clogging the injectors:

Also have to take the FST completely apart as well as the FPR on top of my FST-R to make sure there are no blue rubber pieces clogging it up. Pretty confident all this came from a failure of the wire seals on the weatherpack connector that the walbro 400-e85 pump uses inside the surge tank. So yay!

I'll be 40+ hours working with this install by the time I'm done doing all that this weekend, hopefully then it will work.

Quote:

Last edited by dkevox; 05-13-2014 at 04:37 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:38 AM   #26
momostallion
Forum Lackey

Start with taking your FST apart
To verify what was blue. I want to say the weather pack connectors have green rubber seals.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:45 PM   #27
dkevox
[Team IEG VP]

I'll be taking it all apart. If it ended up in the oem fuel return line then it had to come from the FST somehow, which means there's a chance it could have made it to the fuel rail.

I'm definitely hoping to confirm that it's from the weather pack. I'll at least then be able to see if there are going to be further problems that need to be worried about or not. Filter on the line running to the fuel rail just seems to me at this point as a must have with a FST kit.

The oem in tank pump has a filter so I don't see why most people would need a filter before the FST, unless they replaced the oem setup with a pump without a filter.

Then the FST itself, due to the components in it, is really the only other potential for debris to contaminate the fuel supply. I think I just got unlucky and I don't think this is Radium's fault at all.

Quote:

Last edited by dkevox; 05-13-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:54 PM   #28
dkevox
[Team IEG VP]

Where'd you order your fuelab filter from? Nobody seems to have them in stock? You can PM me.

EDIT NVM, MAP hooked me up. They're awesome.

Quote:

Last edited by dkevox; 05-13-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #29
momostallion
Forum Lackey

i'll pm you where i got mine.

but for reference for others:

i have a fuelab 81831-5

818xx is the 3" model.
the xxx3x is the 6 micron fiberglass element.
the xxxx1 is the -6an in and out

the last number after the dash is the color
1-black
2-red
3-blue
4-purple
5-gold
6-green

there is a 828xx model that is 5"
there is a 848xx model that is a 3" with check valve
and finally the 858xx model that is 5" with check valve

Old 05-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #30
dkevox
[Team IEG VP]

^^ thanks man. I just got it ordered. almost went with the 81801 but then realized the filter wasn't e85 safe.

So appreciate the recommendation! Was trying to find one to get to me by this weekend. So I'm good now.

(well also need to visualize in my head where and how to mount it... and order the appropriate PTFE hose from radium, but that's a whole other issue).

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement