2014 Evo X MR Upgrade path Questions - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > '08+ Lancer Common > '08+ Lancer Common General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

'08+ Lancer Common General Discussion for everything that's common among ALL '08+ Lancers, including Evo, Ralliart, DE, ES, and GTS trims.

Old 08-23-2016, 03:22 PM   #1
reconlive99
n00b

2014 Evo X MR Upgrade path Questions

Hey all,
I have a 2014 Evo x MR with 3000 miles on it. It is the Daily driver and does about 30 miles a day (give or take). Currently it has a Cobb stage 1 package and a Borla Catback exhaust. I am looking to get the HP up to around 335-345. Im looking for any suggestions for what I should go for first, helpful important knowledge, etc. I am new to creating a profile on this forum but not to spending hours reading the pages. Thanks in advance!
reconlive99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2016, 03:36 PM   #2
nicholaus
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconlive99 View Post
Hey all,
I have a 2014 Evo x MR with 3000 miles on it. It is the Daily driver and does about 30 miles a day (give or take). Currently it has a Cobb stage 1 package and a Borla Catback exhaust. I am looking to get the HP up to around 335-345. Im looking for any suggestions for what I should go for first, helpful important knowledge, etc. I am new to creating a profile on this forum but not to spending hours reading the pages. Thanks in advance!
I bought a bone stock '14 MR with 4000 miles on it back in May. I use it as a DD and put a Cobb stage 3 kit on it along side their upper and lower IC pipes, a turbosmart 18psi WGA, and a 4" ETS IC. I ended up sending their AP back and got a Tactrix Openport 2.0 instead. Currently being tuned by Chet. That should get you between 325 and 350. There are a ton of knowledgeable people here that can chime in as well.
nicholaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2016, 06:41 PM   #3
reconlive99
n00b

Thanks for the reply.
What I am thinking of doing is: selling the Borla, getting a full Ultimate racing exhaust(downpipe and all), and then moving on to obtain the rest of the Stage 3 package ( Boost solenoid and piping). Should I just go for the 4" ETS IC and turbosmart 18PSI WGA at the same time? Thanks again!
reconlive99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 06:45 PM   #4
mejerk
Just Spooling Up

In addition to the mods you already have:

Test pipe/HFC, UICP, EBCS, Drop-in filter (for nice turbo sound), Pro tune. Ditch that Cobb.

If you want an intake then go for it. But you could probably get to 350hp without it.
mejerk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 12:12 PM   #5
nicholaus
Just Spooling Up

I got the IC and WGA because I knew I'd be getting them eventually and didn't want to have to tune the car again. A lot of people don't think they are necessary if you plan on leaving the turbo stock, same with the Downpipe. Boost controller and testpipe or HFC is a must though. And like Mejerk said, UICP is a good idea as well as I've heard the stock one tends to swell under boost.
nicholaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 01:21 PM   #6
LeesEvoX
Forum Lackey

dang. y'all are suggesting all these parts. if he adds a 3-port boost solenoid and a test pipe it will net him 335-350.... on a dynojet
2013 PB Evo X GSR- Kozmic Built 2.0l (stock Sleeves) Kelford 214-b cams/Brian Crower titanium springs & retainers/ Wiseco forged pistons/Manley TT forged Rods/ETS Tubular Manifold/ETS Intake W/ Custom 3.5" MAF/ETS 4" IC/ETS UICP/Synapse DV/ID2000's
and a GTX3576R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tuned by Kozmic @ 500awhp & 365tq (E85)
Blown Ringlands, Its what makes Subaru, a Subaru
LeesEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 06:46 PM   #7
Aztro_train
n00b

any suspension mod plans? I have GTWORX on my X and love them. You can also go with the Swifts.
07 OBP STi - sold
Aztro_train is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement