best turbo kit ??? - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Turbo
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Turbo Discussion for turbo systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:47 PM   #21
Hispanic Panic
X-phile

Full race has a lifetime warranty (fuck yeah). Some other companies offer this, so check with them. But full race has been making turbo kits and turbo manifolds for like 20 something years or more or something. The experience they have and the working relationships they have with turbo manufacturers is second to only professional racing teams.

Can driven fab make a quality kit? I'm sure of it. So can CBRD. But full race is in a different category. I wanna put CBRD in that category too since the guy has some pro racing experience, but he's really particular on what he offers for his kits and not everyone agrees with his philosophy. It's not a bad thing, but people are stuck in their ways and don't always consider people's backgrounds on car forums. As an engineer myself i see this all the time as i provide simple engineering insight that at times doesn't jive with popular thought, so people flame me. Whatever. Keep doing things sub-optimal. I don't care.

CBRD makes no kit for the 8374 or 7670 on the X, but he's got a strong case for an open volute 7163. I'm considering it myself honestly, but with someone on a stock clutch SST, i'm forced to shift my power to the right of the curve in order to keep my clutches happy on the track. Still need to do research myself, but due to having to delay tq and keep it in check, i think i may as well opt for a 7670 or 3576.

Find out your design constraints based on your setup and spec a turbo around that. For me it is tq levels. 330 tq is really the max i want to push, which forces me to a larger turbo to maintain ~330 tq levels in the upper RPM band. My X is also a track car so i'd rather have 330 tq at 6k rpm vs 3k. Stock frame turbo behavior just won't fit the bill here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Technically speaking, modding cars is a "waste of money." But here we all are. On a car forum. Modifying our cars
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Racing cars makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty.
Hispanic Panic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2015, 06:49 PM   #22
Evox94
n00b

thanks guys for the comments im going with the gtx3576r ,upgrade the manifold and get some gsc s2 cams with springs and retainers, clutch , fic injectors and get a tune for now.
Evox94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2015, 01:23 AM   #23
Lightsaber
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilletto View Post
AMS throwing you some coin?

I will be burned at the stake one day for being an AMS fanboy on this forum. I mean, why? If AMS offers reliable solutions and they back their products, they deserve praise. Do you mean we must all be like the government, which favours only the contractor who offers the lowest price and ruins things later?
Lightsaber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 06:36 PM   #24
Hispanic Panic
X-phile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evox94 View Post
thanks guys for the comments im going with the gtx3576r ,upgrade the manifold and get some gsc s2 cams with springs and retainers, clutch , fic injectors and get a tune for now.
Solid choice you won't regret. Choose your clutch wisely. And choose your tuner wisley

Technically speaking, modding cars is a "waste of money." But here we all are. On a car forum. Modifying our cars
Quote:
Racing cars makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty.
Hispanic Panic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2015, 07:46 PM   #25
05orangeSS
X-phile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hispanic Panic View Post
Solid choice you won't regret. Choose your clutch wisely. And choose your tuner wisley

I'm sure Carbee is more than capable of tuning a gtx3576 turbo lol

STM Ricer: [email protected]
Project RS Street car: [email protected]/ [email protected] race trim
Cessna's Stock Block RS: [email protected]
Shawna's Street Evo: [email protected]
Cory's Stock Motor TSI: [email protected]
Ryan's stock turbo Evo8: [email protected]
Producing the ONLY numbers that matter!
05orangeSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2015, 07:47 PM   #26
Evostan
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evox94 View Post

Any particular reason why you're going with FIC?

Injector Dynamics seems to be the fav amongst tuners
Old 07-30-2015, 08:15 PM   #27
Natek
Forum Lackey

FIC injectors suck, they idle like shit.
FP Red BB, MAP Ported Ex Manifold, AMS Downpipe, Perrin CBE, Depo Testpipe, AMS Intake, Depo FMIC, Depo LICP, ETS UICP, Grimmspeed EBC, Synapse Dv, TWM Shifter & Cage, Blaqops Walbro 255, FIC 1100's, MAP Fpr, DSG Gauge Pod, H&R Springs, Work Kiwami 18x9.5 +20, Michelin PSS 265/35/18, Rickerman Tuned!!
Natek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2015, 08:28 PM   #28
LeesEvoX
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evostan View Post
Any particular reason why you're going with FIC?

Injector Dynamics seems to be the fav amongst tuners
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek View Post
FIC injectors suck, they idle like shit.
Yeah I would honestly ditch the FIC injectors and go with some ID1000's...

Plus..... Moar injecta brah!!
2013 PB Evo X GSR- Kozmic Built 2.0l (stock Sleeves) Kelford 214-b cams/Brian Crower titanium springs & retainers/ Wiseco forged pistons/Manley TT forged Rods/ETS Tubular Manifold/ETS Intake W/ Custom 3.5" MAF/ETS 4" IC/ETS UICP/Synapse DV/ID2000's
and a GTX3576R

Tuned by Kozmic @ 500awhp & 365tq (E85)
Blown Ringlands, Its what makes Subaru, a Subaru
LeesEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2015, 08:31 PM   #29
SHRKATK
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCHAMP619 View Post
BEST ADVICE RIGHT HERE

But from some one has installed both the Full Race EFR turbo kit and Driven Turbo Kit... Full Race gets my vote.

You can go 7670 you will make ~450 to wheels on a Mustang Dyno (my old setup)
Or you can go 8374 and make over ~500+ and push the power slightly to the right

Other good options are the GTX3576r for 500+

If you want to see actual graphs of what Driven Fab kit, Full Race, and the GTX3576r I can show you or hit up Jon @ 5150.

Side note: I haven't updated my build thread in forever but I am running the EFR8374 IWG
I'm interested in seeing actual graphs of the Driven Fab kit, what do you have? I saw some that TJ did with the 7670 but I am looking for 8374 charts specifically. Let us know what you got, thanks!

Chet Rickerman Tuned
452 whp | 417 wtq

SHRKATK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2015, 10:53 PM   #30
05orangeSS
X-phile

Fic injectors are fine. I love how 2 people spew that they are junk and an entire legion of people just follow along cause they know no better.

STM Ricer: [email protected]
Project RS Street car: [email protected]/ [email protected] race trim
Cessna's Stock Block RS: [email protected]
Shawna's Street Evo: [email protected]
Cory's Stock Motor TSI: [email protected]
Ryan's stock turbo Evo8: [email protected]
Producing the ONLY numbers that matter!
05orangeSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement