Arashi 20 G Turbo - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Turbo
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Turbo Discussion for turbo systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:17 AM   #11
lanasa1980
Forum Lackey

Most people don't even know that there are parts in their American made cars that are made in china. Don't knock it until you try it. Just depends on the quality. Good comment bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanEvo2012 View Post
Half of your car is made in china... just saying. In fact most of your close is made in china, most of the furniture, and certainly most of the electronics

I think made in china can be different.

I would rather say the usual: "you get what you pay for"...
Clutch Master FX 300, Depo Down Pipe, Depo HF Cat, Tsudo Cat Back Exhaust, K&N Typhoon Intake, Synapse BOV, Perrin 3 Port EBC, ID 1000 cc,Walbro 400 E85 Pump, AEM FPR, AMS Fuel rail, TD06-20G Turbo, Depo 4" Intercooler, Turbosmart Wastegate, ATP 3" Inlet Pipe, Dunlop Direzza DZ102 tires, GSC S2 Cams, Ferrea Valves, GSC Beehive Springs, Manley Pistons, Manley H Beam Rods, Yellow Optima, & SSP Aluminum undertray.

409 WHP, 395 TQ on 93oct
Built/Tuned: Shift Fast Motorsports/JR Tuning
lanasa1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2015, 04:36 PM   #12
Evostan
Just Spooling Up

Fair point

Also, there's a reason why most go with the "popular/hyped" turbos...

better to be safe than sorry
Old 12-14-2015, 05:10 PM   #13
Kooldino
Dino
[Approved Merchant]
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek View Post
I never owned much of chinese anything that wasn't garbage!
Probably half of the items in your house are made in China.
Kooldino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 06:49 PM   #14
CanEvo2012
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evostan View Post
Fair point

Also, there's a reason why most go with the "popular/hyped" turbos...

better to be safe than sorry
Also the price of the bad turbo is potentially $15k on a new engine... if compressor wheel explodes.

eTune by Chet Rickerman, the best mod really.

2012 PB GSR - 340 AWHP/338 TQ on a good day.
CanEvo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2015, 09:08 PM   #15
Natek
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooldino View Post
Probably half of the items in your house are made in China.
Yes and most of it is garbage also. When appliances were made here they lasted way longer than they do today. I always try to buy american when possible but alot of times its not possible! I can tell you none of my hand tools than I use at home or at work are made in China and are way better quality than Chinese.
FP Red BB, MAP Ported Ex Manifold, AMS Downpipe, Perrin CBE, Depo Testpipe, AMS Intake, Depo FMIC, Depo LICP, ETS UICP, Grimmspeed EBC, Synapse Dv, TWM Shifter & Cage, Blaqops Walbro 255, FIC 1100's, MAP Fpr, DSG Gauge Pod, H&R Springs, Work Kiwami 18x9.5 +20, Michelin PSS 265/35/18, Rickerman Tuned!!
Natek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2015, 09:23 PM   #16
CanEvo2012
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek View Post
Yes and most of it is garbage also. When appliances were made here they lasted way longer than they do today. I always try to buy american when possible but alot of times its not possible! I can tell you none of my hand tools than I use at home or at work are made in China and are way better quality than Chinese.
Again, you somehow don't get it - most of the materials, parts and whatever else comes from China. So your tools say they are made in US, but assembled from most of the parts that come from China.

The only crappy things are the ones that are meant to be cheap. I also don't believe in domestic car quality(mostly cars as I rarely deal with US made appliances). They got better recently(as most of the parts are outsourced now to China ad other countries), but in 90s US cars were a complete garbage.

Regardless of this, I would still let others do a research at their expense for me and install parts that are knows to work well and safe. Don't have $15k laying around.

OP, good job on taking this fun project, I am tuned for the results.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:48 PM   #17
razorlab

I always choose my turbo based on my bigotry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
razorlab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2015, 10:03 PM   #18
momostallion
Forum Lackey

for the price of a 20G + manifold, i would have just done the MHI turbo and nice downpipe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
momostallion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2015, 11:22 PM   #19
CanEvo2012
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
I always choose my turbo based on my bigotry.
Hahahaha, so you should try one too then Choose something from AliExpress

Old 12-15-2015, 02:01 AM   #20
Hiboost
Forum Lackey

The Arashi turbo's are Japanese made so you should be fine, after all, that is where the Evo was originally from!

I've run just the 20g compressor for the last 30k miles and even pushing it into the red zone for boost & flow it's still going strong so I can't complain. Generally if you are tearing into the turbo system you are probably best off going with an MHI or larger but if you don't mind the labor and want better response versus all out power the 20g is a nice compromise.

2011 Octane Blue Evo X MR
Best 1/4 Mile ET & Speed: 11.677 @ 119.06
STM Mustang Dyno: 390 whp / 360 wtq

2017 Global Time Attack - Limited AWD Class
2nd - Road Atlanta

2017 CSCS Time Attack - Street AWD Class
1st - Mosport DDT 1:38.391 (Record)
1st - TMP 1:17.644 (Record)
1st - TMP Reverse 1:23.944 (Record)
1st - Shannonville 1:59.748 (Record)
Hiboost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links