Arashi 20 G Turbo - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Turbo
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Turbo Discussion for turbo systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 12-15-2015, 02:52 AM   #21
lanasa1980
Forum Lackey

If you buy the upgrade with the wheel and compressor housing make sure you have your shop send it off to balance it (Any brand turbo will fail if its not balanced properly), that way you don't have to worry about anything. If you bought the whole the turbo then it should have already been balanced so you can just drop it in. There weren't any flaws cast on my wheel or housing. I am sure you will be good to go.
Clutch Master FX 300, Depo Down Pipe, Depo HF Cat, Tsudo Cat Back Exhaust, K&N Typhoon Intake, Synapse BOV, Perrin 3 Port EBC, ID 1000 cc,Walbro 400 E85 Pump, AEM FPR, AMS Fuel rail, TD06-20G Turbo, Depo 4" Intercooler, Turbosmart Wastegate, ATP 3" Inlet Pipe, Dunlop Direzza DZ102 tires, GSC S2 Cams, Ferrea Valves, GSC Beehive Springs, Manley Pistons, Manley H Beam Rods, Yellow Optima, & SSP Aluminum undertray.

409 WHP, 395 TQ on 93oct
Built/Tuned: Shift Fast Motorsports/JR Tuning
lanasa1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2016, 07:17 PM   #22
Kirbgrag
n00b

Update on the Arashi Situation

Hey all,

I have installed the 20g arashi, tubular mani and ev1000's and am now in the tuning phase. After throwing an initial "safe" tune on it with basic injector scaling and latency, the car pulls (and sounds) like a tractor trailer. Just got my Openport 2.0 and all required software so I am hanging up the Cobb products and going open source. Looks like some great software from limitless and tactrix and I'm enjoying diving in. Will keep updating as my tune gets closer to where it needs to be

Grant
2008 PB EVO X GSR - INVIDIA Q300 CB, OBX Test Pipe, ATP open dump dp, Magnus MC, Cobb SF Intake, Boost Pill Remove, grimmspeed 3port, Cobb turbo inlet, Rennsport adjustable Coilovers, Innovate LC-1 WB, Arashi 20G TD06H Turbo, Rev9 Tubular Manifold, Bosch EV14 1000's

2011 Harley Davidson FXDB Power Vision Autotune Pro

2014 Honda Grom
Kirbgrag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2016, 07:25 PM   #23
Kooldino
Dino
[Approved Merchant]
[Local Team Member]

Post your charts and logs when you're done.
Kooldino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 08:52 PM   #24
CanEvo2012
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbgrag View Post
Hey all,

I have installed the 20g arashi, tubular mani and ev1000's and am now in the tuning phase. After throwing an initial "safe" tune on it with basic injector scaling and latency, the car pulls (and sounds) like a tractor trailer. Just got my Openport 2.0 and all required software so I am hanging up the Cobb products and going open source. Looks like some great software from limitless and tactrix and I'm enjoying diving in. Will keep updating as my tune gets closer to where it needs to be

Grant
You mean it doesn't pull and clunks everywhere? That's what I imagine a tractor trailer to be:

eTune by Chet Rickerman, the best mod really.

2012 PB GSR - 340 AWHP/338 TQ on a good day.
CanEvo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2016, 12:05 AM   #25
lanasa1980
Forum Lackey

Yea you can really hear the turbo spool once you upgrade it, I know I enjoy it. I can only imagine what a T3/T4 sounds like when she spools, I might have to drop in a 6262 next year to see what all the hype is about.

Over all I am glade to see more people interested in try these turbos out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbgrag View Post
Hey all,

Grant
Clutch Master FX 300, Depo Down Pipe, Depo HF Cat, Tsudo Cat Back Exhaust, K&N Typhoon Intake, Synapse BOV, Perrin 3 Port EBC, ID 1000 cc,Walbro 400 E85 Pump, AEM FPR, AMS Fuel rail, TD06-20G Turbo, Depo 4" Intercooler, Turbosmart Wastegate, ATP 3" Inlet Pipe, Dunlop Direzza DZ102 tires, GSC S2 Cams, Ferrea Valves, GSC Beehive Springs, Manley Pistons, Manley H Beam Rods, Yellow Optima, & SSP Aluminum undertray.

409 WHP, 395 TQ on 93oct
Old 02-24-2016, 05:00 PM   #26
Kirbgrag
n00b

I am actually an ex trucker and those things may not be as fast as our Evo's but the 1500+ ft/lbs of torque is other worldly lol.
2008 PB EVO X GSR - INVIDIA Q300 CB, OBX Test Pipe, ATP open dump dp, Magnus MC, Cobb SF Intake, Boost Pill Remove, grimmspeed 3port, Cobb turbo inlet, Rennsport adjustable Coilovers, Innovate LC-1 WB, Arashi 20G TD06H Turbo, Rev9 Tubular Manifold, Bosch EV14 1000's

2014 Honda Grom
Old 02-24-2016, 05:03 PM   #27
Kirbgrag
n00b

I definetely will post my logs. I'm going away for a week or so butI should be able to post something after I get my tune at least half sensible.

2014 Honda Grom
Old 03-24-2016, 09:30 PM   #28
Asmo
n00b

Thinking about going this route, Any updates on this?
Asmo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2016, 01:11 PM   #29
lanasa1980
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmo View Post
Thinking about going this route, Any updates on this?
3011Carlos and I are definitely enjoying our 20g set ups. I still haven't got E85 tuned yet, probably sometime this summer. I was just upgrading some fuelsystem pieces. What questions did you have about our set ups?

409 WHP, 395 TQ on 93oct
Old 04-26-2016, 12:38 PM   #30
Kirbgrag
n00b

20G Arashi Turbo Update

Hey All,

The turbo and manifold have been installed for a while now and I have had the car running with the new setup for about 5000 km's. I was initially tuning it using Cobb ATR but I had a bad flash and bricked my ECU. I then benched it with my OP 2.0 and got it working again with a stock evo x map. Been tuning with EVOscan and ECU flash the last week or so and these programs are fantastic!

I'll run a virtual dyno the next couple of days and post it up with my logs.

Not a whole lot of mileage on the setup yet but so far this is an awesome turbo upgrade. Fuel consumption isn't too ridiculous either.

Later

2014 Honda Grom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement