Sticky: Suggestions for "things X owners should know" - Page 15 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 06-18-2014, 12:02 AM   #141
logonzojls
Forum Lackey

Lower miles does not always equate to better mechanical longevity. Some beat these cars on weekend track and auto cross, they all have low miles. Others that DD like myself have higher miles but I have not broken anything major... Car is still strong. So it just depends on the history of the car. Not letting a fully stock car fool you if someone molested it and returned it back to stock to trade or sale.
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2014, 11:18 PM   #142
HRC
n00b

Looking to pick up a 08 X 5MT as a daily/beater. Now that the car has been out for a while how are they holding up when they hit 70-100k miles? Did a little reading and seems their is a few known issues and build quality isn't the best.
HRC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2014, 02:16 PM   #143
dkevox
[Team IEG VP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC View Post
Looking to pick up a 08 X 5MT as a daily/beater. Now that the car has been out for a while how are they holding up when they hit 70-100k miles? Did a little reading and seems their is a few known issues and build quality isn't the best.
It's a sport car, don't expect the reliability of a camry. But by the same token you can't expect near the performance of an evo from a camry.

It's gonna cost more. As far as how well it holds up, depends entirely on how it was driven and how well it was taken care of for the 70k-100k miles beforehand. There are no guarantees, but if it looks like it hasn't been modified or lightly/tastefully modified, and compression and leak down tests show the engine is in good health, then I'd feel comfortable buying it.

After you buy it, replace the plugs, change out all fluids, replace the relays (stupid annoying issue admittedly, but $50 for a set of relays), and then have a couple thousand sitting in the bank should you need it (you find out clutch is shot, or the rotors are warped, or the acd pump fails on you...).

I'm not saying those will happen, or you should expect them to happen, but again, it's a sports car and it requires more work and maintenance. Make sure you are aware just how much maintenance will cost you also (again, significantly more then a camry).

Quote:
Hey Ddawgg, you know what would be funny? I'll bring you some Taco Bell breakfast food at Evopalooza, ya know, like a joke. It'll be hilarious, I can't wait....oh...hold on a sec. I got ahead of myself, I forgot your a giagantic douche that would rather go to a wedding then dominate a road course. Nevermind....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---------------------------
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--------------------------
dkevox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 04:08 PM   #144
HRC
n00b

I know what it is and i'm no stranger to high HP cars. Here are two of the many in my collection. I'm looking at the Evo X because I like the looks and want a sedan thats fun, has a manual trans, and AWD so I can drive year round as a daily/beater. But after reading a bit more about them i'm a little hesitant since i'll be picking one up with at least 75k+ miles if I do. It will be a daily/beater so of course im gonna drive it hard at times and it wont be babied like other do with them. I don't mind repairs here and there just not major ones and frequent ones. Had a few eclipses back in the day and that wasn't a very good experience with Mitsubishi so im just seeing of anything has changed with them.

HRC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2014, 05:06 PM   #145
Victim
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by denlin68 View Post
If you just got a brand new EVO X from the dealership, i would recommend checking your tire pressure ! my brand new car came with 45PSI all around ! WTF i was so made because i didnt know until i checked my pressure 3 months later !

And then i went over to my other 2 friends who also have EVO X 2011 (bone stock) , and 2012 GSR (bone stock) BOTH also at 42-45PSI all around !!! in 60F weather .... ! so it must be a factory setup thing ?
Well, what does everyone run in their stock tire/wheel setup for PSI? I live in SC and it's currently around 85 to 90 degrees outside. I haven't checked my tire pressure. Looks like I'll be doing that when I get off of work today. I just bought the car two weeks ago

2014 WW Evo X GSR | Stock... as of now xD
Victim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2014, 11:46 PM   #146
Ara

That ls tho
Old 08-27-2014, 11:47 PM   #147
Ara

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC View Post

how much power is the rx7 making?
Old 08-27-2014, 11:49 PM   #148
Ara

personally would've stuck with the rotors despite the reliability issues.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #149
Masheen
Just Spooling Up

What's up guys. Sorry to link our brother site, but here are the "Suggested Maintenance" intervals for the EvoX. If anybody has any additional information, I thank you in advance.

Suggested Maintenance Evo X
ETS Intake
Invidia q300 Exhaust
Eibach Pro Kit Springs & Eibach Front & Rear Swaybars
Turbosmart BOV (Red Spring)
Cobb 3-Port EBC
ID1000cc & Walbro 255fp
AEM WideBand+Boost Gauge
Cquartz UK Ceramic Coating
298wHP 318wTQ on The Heartbreaker
27psi Max Boost
Kozmic Tuned
Masheen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2015, 08:56 PM   #150
TomP
Just Spooling Up

Hey,

Just a thought, but i just bought my 2015 GSR this weekend. I asked in another thread about changing the fuel relay. And i found out in the 2015s they dont need to be changed.

I just think it would be helpful to break this list out to specific year models. I know it will take some time/work but might be helpful. Thanks
TomP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement