First mods for my fe - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 08-15-2018, 01:08 PM   #1
Dr.dabber
n00b

First mods for my fe

So I've decided to consult with the council on what I should do first to my new stock ass evo. I'm a n00b so I'd love to hear ideas. Thanks fam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180812_095026_1534338480018.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	278882  
Dr.dabber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2018, 03:15 PM   #2
AiZ
Just Spooling Up

Nice car.

But what are your goals? What do you want the car to do/be?

First mod should usually be:

1) Tactrix cable
2) Evoscan
3) Tune

For a tune, most people usually get an intake or an aftermarket high flowing filter and an electronic boost controller. If you want a different exhaust, a HFC and high flowing exhaust will give you more power with a tune.

You don't need any of that, but in case you want to squeeze more power out of the car, those are the basics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AiZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2018, 03:57 PM   #3
FurtadoZ9
Just Spooling Up

Easiest mod is a 3 port boost control solenoid + a tune. You'll net ~60 hp

Like mentioned I'd also invest in being part of the process. Evoscan software for running logs and gathering information. Tactrix port + cable to connect Evoscan to your OBD-2.

All said and done less than 800 bucks for 60 hp (290 awhp).

You can max out to 330-340 awhp on pump gas and stock turbo if you start adding in other mods such as test pipe / hfc, intake ect.

I'd also highly recommend a boost and air/fuel ratio guage.

If you haven't already join the FE group on Facebook. Nice ride man
FurtadoZ9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 06:38 PM   #4
CanEvo2012
Forum Addict

I agree with other 2 posters.

Tune is best thing you can do to this car.

Tactrix, 3-Port, may be HFC and filter or cone filter. Then Tune, and enjoy you brand new beast.

eTune by Chet Rickerman, the best mod really.

2012 PB GSR - 340 AWHP/338 TQ on a good day.
CanEvo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2018, 06:58 PM   #5
Madman Quinn
n00b

Find a tuner first prior to making any purchases and talk with them.

If your power goal is high I would suggest waiting on getting an intake because you may purchase a turbo kit that includes one.
Madman Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2018, 09:58 PM   #6
Dr.dabber
n00b

Thanks guys! Also thanks for the advice! I fucking love this fourm u guys are always there to answer and put your input. I wanna add power but I wanna keep it healthy and not push anything. I wanna make it make it a faster car that can shit on most sti's lol first I'm going exterior, probably tint, rain guards and some mudflapts, anything more suggestion? Appreciate it!
Dr.dabber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2018, 04:22 AM   #7
FurtadoZ9
Just Spooling Up

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.dabber View Post
Thanks guys! Also thanks for the advice! I fucking love this fourm u guys are always there to answer and put your input. I wanna add power but I wanna keep it healthy and not push anything. I wanna make it make it a faster car that can shit on most sti's lol first I'm going exterior, probably tint, rain guards and some mudflapts, anything more suggestion? Appreciate it!
Research, and map out viable plans. There's so much info here. Remember every time you upgrade a part (add in intake, add in exhaust, ect) you'll need at LEAST a touch up from your tuner (if not a full retune - changing MAF sizes, for example).

So plan your upgrades now and do it all at once. If you have E85 near you, I'd highly suggest a flex fuel kit. Stock turbo + E85 is an awesome street setup.

Definitely look into some weather techs, especially if you drive in winter. Keep that FE MINT!
FurtadoZ9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #8
landis

Before deciding on any modifications you need to set your budget. If you want a good set of wheels and suspension, budget about $5k. A big turbo, between 12-15K, this would include 5K for a turbo kit, 5-6K for forged internal, cams and 1-2k for clutch and CMC upgrades. This is why it is important to set a budget and goals and then decide what to get.
landis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2018, 05:12 PM   #9
CanEvo2012
Forum Addict

Quote:
Those will not make you faster though

With minimal parts for airflow and tune, you will shit on most STIs. Primarily because STIs are much harder to gain HP safely unlike Evo.

eTune by Chet Rickerman, the best mod really.

2012 PB GSR - 340 AWHP/338 TQ on a good day.
CanEvo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2018, 12:06 PM   #10
Kento240
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanEvo2012 View Post
Those will not make you faster though

With minimal parts for airflow and tune, you will shit on most STIs. Primarily because STIs are much harder to gain HP safely unlike Evo.
The car shits on the STI in stock form lol. please set a better standard. Perhaps, you set a goal of taking out the new 5.0 stang, M3, SRT8 or something along those lines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 GG EVO X, SSL, Aero, Sunroof
117K miles

2.2L Stroked and sleeved- Wiseco 10:1- Carrillo Pro H Beam Rods- GSC S2- ID1700- Walbaro 525LPH- Radium -8an Fuel Feed and Filter-Cosworth Rail- Aeromotive FPR- Driven Fab T4 EFR 8474 EWG Turbo Kit- MAP test pipe- HKS Hi Power CBE- OS Giken Twin Clutch- MAP CMC

Previous Cars:
2002 Eclipse GT (still own)
2009 Lancer GTS
2010 Evo X MR
2011 Evo X GSR (current)
Kento240 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement