Currently throwing 10 Engine codes.... - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Engine (4B11T)
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Engine (4B11T) Discussion for engine systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:29 AM   #1
DannySublime
n00b

Currently throwing 10 Engine codes....

So it all really started about 3 months ago. My 2008 Evo X gsr had an oxygen sensor down stream code, the sensor needed replacing. I waited a little bit to do this because I was building another car and did not have the 250 plus just for a sensor. So gradually the car started to drive worse and worse. I started back firing anytime I left off of the throttle and started getting horrible gas mileage. This combined with the gradual lose of power and performance. The car at first drove fine when the engine light first came on. So about 3 weeks ago I replaced the oxygen sensor drove the car for about a week to see if it would level out. Instead it only continued to get worse.

The issue seems to be fuel related I was throwing lean codes however the car was running super rich. My gas mileage had dropped down to 8-4 mpg. Again anytime I let off the gas the car would back fire repeatedly and shoot flames out the back. So about 2 weeks ago it got to the point where the car could not get above 80mph. The boost just breaks up and the more throttle I give it the slower it goes.

So after the oxygen sensor I had a spare fuel pump and thought I would give that a try. I replaced my fuel pump and discovered my fuel module had a crack running through it. The car for the last 6 months has also thrown an EVAP code. My mechanic told me that explained the evap code. We replaced the fuel pump and put the module back in as is after ordering a new fuel module that should be here next week.

Since putting the new fuel pump and old cracked module back in my gas gauge isn't working. The car continues to say its out of gas even when its full. I am not worried about this since im replacing and fixing the entire module next week. So I do understand the majority of the codes I am running right now have to do with that issue. I am however trying to figure out the root cause of this. And why my car cannot run any boost. The boost seems to break up just when boost should really start kicking in right between 2800-3200rpm. Now the car barely can get above 60mph. The boost gauge does not go past 10 pounds and anytime I just stay at one speed be it 65, 70, 75, or 80mph in the past my boost gauge continues to flutter as if the car is going in and out of boost like the car is pulling fuel or dumping it back in to compensate.

My friend and local mechanic that I have been going too for years for all my cars has said that the car is throwing lean codes then adding fuel to adjust for this. So the majority of my oxygen sensors have been replaced, the fuel pump has been replaced. Next week ill be replacing the fuel module and correcting my evap issue. The car does not have a catalytic converter so that cat is not clogged like I had an issue with in the past because there is no longer a cat. My next thought is could I have a faulty injector, or injectors? Or fuel pressure regulator? The car has had since I bought from the previosu owner an after market AEM fuel rail.

Current codes are as follows
P0463/P0463 pd fuel level sensor circuit high input fuel pump module
P0441/P0441pd Evap emission control system incorrect purge flow
P0183/P0183pd fuel temperature sensor A circuit high input(fuel pump code and check fuel pump wiring)
P0137 o2 sensor circuit low voltage (bank 1 sensor 2) secondary oxygen sensor
P2195pd (inappropriate fuel pressure, could be faulty fuel injectors/ intake or air leaks, vacuum leaks)
P0461pd fuel level sensor circuit range/performance (Evap)
and
P2066pd fuel low (fuel module related)

I checked all vacuum lines they are all connected and not leaking. Air intake is connected and no leaks. Intercooler hooses are all connected and no leaks. Turbo bolts and head bolts are still all there no bolts missing no boost leaks coming from there. Next test ill smoke test and check for any vacuum leaks of any kind.
DannySublime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2018, 01:55 PM   #2
Yxd68
Forum Addict

Pull the injectors and have them inspected.

Sounds like there's too much fuel to the point of misfire - which will mean free oxugen in the exhaust stream, hence the O2 sensor showing lean.
Yxd68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement