ETS intake install, bov flutter? - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 10-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
Travis959

ETS intake install, bov flutter?

Hey guys, I just installed my ETS intake and I am getting bov flutter when at low rpms after I let my foot off the accelerator. I've read this is normal, and I've read that it can be damaging to the turbo. I followed the guy on the other evo forum, but the only part I did not do was cut my PCV hose as I might need this later if I have to go back to stock. Is there a downside to this?

At higher RPM's, there doesn't appear to be any flutter. I am using a synapse bov (the bigger one).

Also, what cobb AP map should I use for the ETS intake?

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Travis959 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
SiliconTek
Forum Addict

You are not getting more flutter/surge due to the intake, you are just able to hear it now...completely normal. That being said, so long as you didn't change the BOV at the same time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.
SiliconTek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
Travis959

Nope, I had the synapse BOV before on the stock intake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Travis959 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #4
SiliconTek
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis959 View Post
Nope, I had the synapse BOV before on the stock intake.
The flutter/surge gets MUCH louder with an open air intake. It doesn't make it worse, the flutter comes from the charged side of the turbo, the intake is only going to allow the system to breath/charge faster. When the BOV opens you are going to hear it more due to there not being a semi-sealed intake box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.
SiliconTek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 05:23 AM   #5
4b11.carevalo
n00b

Unhappy

hey guys so I'm going through something similar so i installed a its cold air intake and I'm using my stock bov and when i decelerate or shift into a higher gear my bov flutters and it would't make that type of sound with stock air box so i just to make sure everything is fine or somethings up due to having a pro-tune in a couple of days
4b11.carevalo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 01:19 PM   #6
Metal_AF
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4b11.carevalo View Post
hey guys so I'm going through something similar so i installed a its cold air intake and I'm using my stock bov and when i decelerate or shift into a higher gear my bov flutters and it would't make that type of sound with stock air box so i just to make sure everything is fine or somethings up due to having a pro-tune in a couple of days

The stock system is designed to be quiet. The bov action is WAY more noticeable on an aftermarket intake.
Metal_AF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement