My day at Thunderhill - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Racing > Track
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Track Discussion for track driving techniques, events and results.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #21
orthojoe
Forum Lackey

Thanks Bradze, I've never been a fan of convertibles, or Porsches for that matter myself. That was until I was given a miata as a loaner car while the Evo was getting corner balanced. Then I caught the convertible bug. I was considering the 370Z roadster until my friend convinced me to take a look at the spyder. After I saw the car in person, I totally forgot about the Z. This car has a better power to weight than my evo currently does. It also will outhandle and outbrake the Evo as well. The car wont be able to run higher than B class unless I install a roll cage, and I refuse to do that to a car as beautiful as this. Thus, the Evo will still be the primary track car.
2008 RR Evo X MR - SOLD

Last edited by orthojoe; 12-22-2010 at 06:17 PM.
orthojoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #22
bradze
Grumpy young man

also the maintenence costs and repair prices for tracking the porsche wont be fun. why not strip down the evo and get a truck and trailer?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my random nothingness thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"i can bitch, i can bitch 'cuz i'm better than you" elton john
bradze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #23
orthojoe
Forum Lackey

Agree. I may eventually go that route with the evo. The spyder is more of my weekend fun/collectors car, so I'm only going to track it 1-2 times a year.
2008 RR Evo X MR - SOLD

Old 12-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #24
trackjunkie
Just Spooling Up

Great driving man!
Jon HB Speed Custom Tune /Perrin TIP, Downpipe, Stealth FMIC/ Custom Cat back Exhaust with Magna Flow Muffler/ Synapse DV/ Nisei UICP/ Hotchkis Sway Bars/ Swift Springs/ Whiteline RCK/ Rota DPT's/ Racingline Products/ Rally Armor/ 3M Clear Bra/ Di Noc Carbon Roof/
trackjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #25
Zelly
X-phile

Nice vids!...... hope too see you out there this year...... i plan on making it out atleast 4x in 2011.

So the race chrono gives u all the info about the car and the track....... then when u get home u upload the info from RC into track vision and it puts all the info together to give u the display??.....
08 RR GSR
05 SRT-4

Resident INFIDEL
MCLMM

Last edited by Zelly; 12-22-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Zelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #26
Z K
Forum Lackey

I think if you improve your lines and car control a bit you can definitely go faster.

I got a 2:09.4 over the top at Thunderhill in a stock car with a GST reflash, HKS street comfort suspension and fully loaded with the spare tire, trunk subwoofer and a passenger.
Z K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2010, 10:38 PM   #27
orthojoe
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackjunkie View Post
Great driving man!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelly View Post
Nice vids!...... hope too see you out there this year...... i plan on making it out atleast 4x in 2011.

So the race chrono gives u all the info about the car and the track....... then when u get home u upload the info from RC into track vision and it puts all the info together to give u the display??.....
Sweet! I mostly run with trackmasters and HOD. I tried NASA once. Too crowded and too many yahoos.
Yeah, the racechrono with obd setup gives you all the data you need. You can analyze the data and export it. The exported data can be loaded onto trackvision with your video, and then voila! Instant awesome video. I ordered from MH motorsports. Talk to Marty, he's a good guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I think if you improve your lines and car control a bit you can definitely go faster.

I got a 2:09.4 over the top at Thunderhill in a stock car with a GST reflash, HKS street comfort suspension and fully loaded with the spare tire, trunk subwoofer and a passenger.
Good to know, thanks! My goal will be 2:10 or lower the next time out. I know I'm still not using the whole track and definitely need to be smoother. More practice, I guess.
2008 RR Evo X MR - SOLD
Old 03-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #28
orthojoe
Forum Lackey

Thought I'd share a few pictures from my first trackday with my Spyder. The car only makes 320hp at the crank, but I was able to hit 129mph on the straightaway. My prior best was 122mph in my 294whp Evo. Less weight is key. Track times were similar to my evo, but I'll bet I can do better after I get more comfortable with the car. Things will change after the turbo gets upgraded on the evo though...

2008 RR Evo X MR - SOLD
Old 03-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #29
razorlab

Nice looking porsche

razorlab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #30
Jackygor
Forum Lackey

The Porsche must be crazy fun to drive. Perhaps a short comparo between this and your evo?

Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement