Autopower Rollbar First Impressions - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Racing > Track
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Track Discussion for track driving techniques, events and results.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #21
steelbahamut
Most likely in chat

When I installed my bar I simply cut an "X" over the carpet where the floor plates went, and removed the carpeting underneath.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:The Other Girl #84 Racing
steelbahamut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #22
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

Now that I have this installed, I do not see how it can be a safety hazard in DD conditions. I mean, its setup so far behind the driver's seat, how can it even come in contact with the driver is beyond my understanding. Of-course, the intention is not to keep this as a DD anymore, but I question what we often keep reading on the forums.

Quote:
HA!! Yeah Orthojoe, quit being a vag in your safe, relatively practical cars...come back to us, come dance with the devil again....
KickAss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #23
waltezee
X-phile

Pictures of it installed?

Quote:
The X is no drag car. It's actually kinda like a drag queen. You can dress it up all you want, tuck it back, slap on some makeup and try and make it look, sound, act, talk and walk like a drag car.... but it's still a man in a dress with a penis.
"Stanced. Hardparkers. Show cars. Pillow biters. All the same thing." - Demi

Speed never killed anyone suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.
waltezee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #24
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

Pics will be in this weekend when I am back home to take some.

Quote:
HA!! Yeah Orthojoe, quit being a vag in your safe, relatively practical cars...come back to us, come dance with the devil again....
Old 01-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #25
PharmEcis
n00b

We used slightly longer bolts for the hoop attachment points to the floor because we left the carpet in and for another important reason. The kit does not come with lock washers. I felt that lock washers were important. We could have probably got the original bolts to work by cutting the carpet and possibly removing sound deadening if present under the location for the main hoop attachment points.

I figured $10 in hardware was worth it being secured properly considering what it's supposed to do! It also gives you the ability to remove the cage and not have an utterly destroyed carpet. Now you just have 8 small holes...

The support bars for the main hoop did not require longer bolts where they bolt up to the rear fender wheels.
PharmEcis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #26
CrazyIvan
aka ityn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
We used slightly longer bolts for the hoop attachment points to the floor because we left the carpet in and for another important reason. The kit does not come with lock washers. I felt that lock washers were important. We could have probably got the original bolts to work by cutting the carpet and possibly removing sound deadening if present under the location for the main hoop attachment points.

I figured $10 in hardware was worth it being secured properly considering what it's supposed to do! It also gives you the ability to remove the cage and not have an utterly destroyed carpet. Now you just have 8 small holes...

The support bars for the main hoop did not require longer bolts where they bolt up to the rear fender wheels.
If this is the same PharmEcis that did finesse49's work (He'll know who I'm talking about), I can definitely say you put the install in the right hands... always quality work.
CrazyIvan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #27
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

BTW, I do have the pics, just been too lazy to upload them. sigh! This weekend fo shue!

Quote:
Old 01-31-2012, 06:44 PM   #28
PharmEcis
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ityn View Post
If this is the same PharmEcis that did finesse49's work (He'll know who I'm talking about), I can definitely say you put the install in the right hands... always quality work.
Thanks, and yes this is Greg @ UCS Performance.
PharmEcis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #29
steelbahamut
Most likely in chat

How big is the gap between the top of the main hoop and the roof carpet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:The Other Girl #84 Racing
steelbahamut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2012, 06:59 PM   #30
WraithX
Dr. Evo?

Pics. Can people ride in the back
WraithX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement