Military Owners (current and Veteran) thread **Please Sticky** - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 12-24-2011, 12:17 AM   #1
MarcusDubya77
Forum Lackey

Exclamation Military Owners (current and Veteran) thread **Please Sticky**

I know the other site which will remain nameless has a thread for its military members, and I was wondering why we don't have one? I thought it would be a great idea since we are such a minority. Anyone else? Maybe post a little about your time in (current and veterans), deployments, and of course your X. I would say so leave the branch bashing out, because we have all done our part in one way or the other. Guess I will start...

U.S. Army, 16 and 1/2 years, 14Z583Y (duck hunter!!!), about to be either a MSG or 1SG (E-8) on 1 Jan. I have served in the US (Texas and Colorado) and overseas (Germany, Korea, Japan), and have taken part in Operations Joint Endeavor and Joint Guard, 4-3 ADA 1 ID (Bosnia 96-97), Iraqi Freedom, 1BCT 4ID Raider (03-04), Enduring Freedom, JTAGS CENTCOM (Qatar, 09-10), and Tomodachi, JTAGS JAPAN (Japan, Mar 11 Tsunami Relief).

My X: 08 GSR SSS, K&N Typhoon, AMS FMIC, Perrin DP, Tomei Expreme Ti Single Exit CBE, Perrin Stage II tune, H&R Coilovers, Rota Grid 18x9.5 +20 on 265/35 hankooks, Rexpeed Engine Cover, wingless, Torque Solutions Short throw with BLOX 490LE knob

Future mods: Rexpeed Duckbill, dual steering pod gauge, and tune by Chet Rickerman

Far future: FP Red or MAP EF-2 or 3 turbo

Who's next?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0528.JPG
Views:	385
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	27299   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0520.JPG
Views:	371
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	27300   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0431.JPG
Views:	357
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	27301  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AEM BOOST AND UEGO GAUGES/ K&N TYPHOON/ SYNAPSE DV/ ANODIZED AMS FMIC/ REXSPEED CF ENGINE COVER, STEERING WHEEL GAUGE POD, HOOD/ SIDE VENTS & DUCKBILL SPOILER/ PERRIN DOWNPIPE/ TOMEI EXPREME EXHAUST/ GRIMSPEED 3 PORT EBCS/ 18x9.5 TI CHROME ROTA GRIDS w/ HANKOOK 265/35 ZR-18's / H&R COILOVERS/ RALLY ARMOR MUDFLAPS/TORQUE SOLUTIONS SHORT SHIFTER/ KIDNEY THIEF SHIFT BOOT/BLOX 490 LE NEO CHROME KNOB/AP STUBBY ANTENNA/ EBAY RAIN GUARDS/ TUNED BY CHET RICKERMAN 350AWHP/380TQ AT 5280 FT
MarcusDubya77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2011, 12:23 AM   #2
kaquino
Forum Lackey

I'm 22 and in the AF delayed entry program waiting to go to basic training, so I'm not quite current or a veteran yet. I have a 2011 ww gsr. Currently it's stock with a cobb stage 1 flash but I have all of the stage 2 components on hand waiting to be installed.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
kaquino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2011, 12:37 AM   #3
navy8385
[Off Topic Moderator]
[Ralliart Moderator]
[Local Team Member]

Hi yall know me.

U.S. Navy join'd Sep 2007

I'm a straight cut Yeoman

Served:
USS CLEVELAND (LPD 7) Dec 2007 - Mar 2011, did 2 WESTPAC Dec 07-Jun 08 and the tail end of their 09-10 cruise, and a 3 month RIMPAC (no homo).

NPBD R-3 Camp Taji, Iraq Mar 2009-Jan 2010

Pentagon Mar 2010-Present

I reenlisted last year for 5 years, I currently have 4 years of service and am a YN2(SW) aka E-5

hooyah

New Boo: 2014 WW EVO X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
navy8385 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 02:09 AM   #4
IndieJim
Just Spooling Up

cool thread! Born and raised in colorado springs!

Army SGT been in 5 1/2 years 25C (radio operator [colorblind]). I actually ETS in feb.
Been station in MD for the past 3 years. I was in Germany previously. Spent 15 months in Iraq 07-08. 2d Stryker Cavalry Regiment hooah!

2008 MR mods are in the sig
o Ralliart Front Strut bar
o Swift Springs
IndieJim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2011, 03:10 AM   #5
joey
Dr. Evo?

USAF here. Joined in February 2003 and stationed in Idaho. Been here my whole enlistment lol. I'm a weapons loader and have served in Afghanistan a few times and Qatar. I was actually in Qatar when we captured Sadam Hussein. They brought him to the base and locked shit down. It was a pretty cool experience to say the least. I've deployed 4 times and am about ready to be on my 5th in the next couple of months.

As for the X, too many mods for me to care to list. If. Hadn't just gotten surgery, I would type them out but the Vicodin tells me not to lol.

I would also like to personally thank each and every one of you that have/are serving. No matter the branch, rank, or job, we all play a special role in this countries freedom. Thanks for your sacrifices and continue to be a proud American.

joey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2011, 03:42 AM   #6
Andy5
Just Spooling Up

USMC here, join June 2004. I'm on my second enlistment, most likely will be my last one lol. Station on Camp Pen, been there for the 7.5 years. I'm an E5, 4 deployments 2 to OIF 2 to OEF. Huey/Cobra Airframes mech (Hydraulic / Metal / Composite work). Now I am just an instructor for my MOS, so no more deployments for a while.

The car as short as I can keep it, 2.2/ built head w/ mx1 cams / TBE / FMIC / K&N drop in Stock turbo :P Yup you read that right. Some other goodies to.

Future mods. Bigger turbo lol just can't decide so many good ones out there. For now I'll just enjoy my V8 like power haha.

Oh yeah and a bone stock SB RA, both are WW!

Here is a few pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	andy car.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	27307   Click image for larger version

Name:	andy enginebay.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	27308   Click image for larger version

Name:	sleeve.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	27309  

Last edited by Andy5; 12-24-2011 at 03:50 AM.
Andy5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2011, 03:53 AM   #7
Keshav707
Forum Lackey

I seriously feel you should not post any active/past service deployment details on a public forum.
RallyRed Evo X GSR SSS * CNT Racing RS catback * T1r Resonated testpipe * Cobb SF Intake * ETS 3.5" FMIC * Grimmspeed 3-port * APT UICP * H&R Springs * Whiteline RCK * Volk ce28n 10.5 * Continental DWS 275* Rally Armor * Works SS w/bushings * JS Racing * Bride Interior Kit
Keshav707 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2011, 03:56 AM   #8
Asleep
Just Spooling Up

US Army - joined the first time in 94 as a 67U: Medium Helicopter Repairer the army calls it but i repair chinook helicopters. went to germany for my first duty station and promptly deployed in support of operation joint endeavor in 96. from there went to fort campbell, ky and got out of the army in nov '00 because my ex wife said it was what our family needed. after our divorce, LOL, i worked at mdhelicopters in phx on little birds, then went to boeing and worked on apache helicopter cannons and bradley cannons. watching my years tick by i rejoined the army in dec '05 and was sent to drum where ive been ever since. im still a 67U although now its called a 15U and im now a technical inspector - nothing flies till i give the ok and a good lookover. just got back from afghanistan in april of this year with a torn shoulder that needed 9 muscular sutures and 3 bone anchors to close up. i was supposed to go to fort eustis va and be an instructor but the army deleted my orders 7 weeks out and is now trying to send me to savannah georgia. my nurse case manager wants to med board/retire me instead and im opting for that so i can hopefully be in va by the end of this year. /iloveme

my x: 2010 ob gsr sss with cb greddy exhaust, agp cai and grimmspeed 3port. nothing special really, but its getting wheels, lowering and a tune for christmas because my wife loves me.

and why not post past deployments? cnn reports way more than what we did in the past. future i can see, but past? naw.

Last edited by Asleep; 12-24-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2011, 04:01 AM   #9
chetrickerman
[E-Tuner]

Army, in the process of medically retiring. Served over 3 1/2 years as a 12B (combat engineer) and was stationed at Fort Carson, CO. I served in OIF and OEF and was wounded in OEF. Retiring as an E-5.

As for my Evo, its in the process of turning into a RS/track car. I have removed everything that's not needed/used, and have basically every bolt on.

Future is a 2.2L with all the bells and whistles, a 6262 CEA/6266 CEA or a large Borg Warner EFR turbo. It will be fully gutted, caged, and replace the diffs.
chetrickerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2011, 04:11 AM   #10
Snakes709
[Local Team Member]

Canadian Army. I joined the Reserves when i was 18 (infantry) did that for 4 years. Switched to the Reg force as a armoured crewmen. I'm currently a Cpl and waiting to take my second part of my leadership course to get promoted. I'm qualified to drive, gun and load the Leopard tanks. My last position though was a Surveillance Operator in our Recce Squadron. I'm currently deployed to kabul afghanistan as a mentor for the ANA.

What you see in my sig is what i been up to with my X. FP red build....yea buddy!
Snakes709 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement