Acceleration Noise - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 12-29-2011, 04:37 AM   #11
alex the great
Just Spooling Up

I also here a noise when pushing it sometimes! I noticed it happens exactly when I switch from first gear to second.. so it would be at 6.5-7k rpm. It sounds like its coming from the back of the car, My car is stock besides a cat back exhaust! I'm pretty sure I also heard the noise when I had the stock cat back. Am I crazy or is this common?
alex the great is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2011, 04:39 AM   #12
DynastyX
X-phile

I'm not telling him to cruise at 6,500. I keep it within 3-3,500 when I'm cruising. Car feels funky when I give it gas at 2,500 RPMs- hence I don't do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DynastyX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 04:54 AM   #13
chetrickerman
[E-Tuner]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynastyX View Post
I'm not telling him to cruise at 6,500. I keep it within 3-3,500 when I'm cruising. Car feels funky when I give it gas at 2,500 RPMs- hence I don't do it.
Consult your tuner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP mlomker

chetrickerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 05:11 AM   #14
SiliconTek
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
Not good advice. When I DD I pretty much always drive between 2-3k rpms.
Not wide open throttle though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.
SiliconTek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 05:22 AM   #15
irmerm
Forum Lackey

I see you're new to the X. This car is the car of a thousand noises. It's either your driving or some heat shield somewhere rattling would be my best guess. The shield on my exhaust manifold is missing a bolt and it likes to rattle under very specific conditions.
K&N Drop-In Filter
CBRDSpeedFactory UICP
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
irmerm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 05:31 AM   #16
gstv
Just Spooling Up

yea im new im going to take it to a mechanic and see whats wrong i hear the noise coming from the front of the car
gstv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 05:46 AM   #17
SiliconTek
Forum Addict

4 solid engine mounts pretty much only allows me to hear my engine running. I don't think I would even be able to hear a transfer case wine unless it was on the way out the door!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.
SiliconTek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 12:52 PM   #18
brick_city_evo
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_evo11 View Post
too much load under low rpm, kiss your rods goodbye.
Damn I didn't know this I'm also new to evos & sticks. I never drive at low RPMs because the car don't feel like it's driving right.

2011 evo x gsr pb
5% tint 35% windshield
Debadge
Rexpeed vg
Seibon vr areo kit
Black enkei kojin sumer/raijin winter
Custom audio
Aeromotions r2

iveytuned 421awhp/309awtq

Aem boost, oil pressure & wideband gauge
Grimmspeed 3port
Ams- 750xp, cai, fpr, fuel rail, testpipe, fmic, upper & lower intercooler pipe with tial bov, titanium cat-back
Id 1000
Walbro 450
radium dual cc
Kw v3 coilover with vorshlag top mount
Whiteline rck & camber

brick_city_evo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 10:30 PM   #19
Turbo_love
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankiago View Post
Keeping it >3k rpm all the time is a stretch to say the least. You can drive under 2k rpm no problem, I do it all the time... the throttle position is key though. I tend to gently caress the throttle when I'm that low, then at 2.5k rpm it'll take whatever I want to give it. I've logged what my tune is set up for and for my particular tune this is extremely safe. I only hit like 23psi on stock turbo until I'm well into the 3,000's where it ramps up to 27psi.

Stock tune is similarly safe. It is moderately rich and limited to what, 22-23psi depending on altitude and weather conditions?

I'm stock now, but I had no idea we were running so much boost! This is my first Evo, but my eclipse's 4G63 ran 13-15psi stock, and I was running 22psi tuned with a EvoIII16G turbo. I was told if I used race gas I could turn it up to 26psi on my tune.

27psi on pump gas is impressive, and I guess a testament to how stout the 4B11 is.
Turbo_love is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement