Roll Cage.......I've searched and........ - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Racing > Track
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Track Discussion for track driving techniques, events and results.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:26 AM   #21
joshesevo22
Forum Lackey

I want a cage, but my car is a DD for now.... Not sure what to do.. i wouldnt buy a cage that has a side bar, more along the lines of steelbahamuts cage
joshesevo22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 01:28 AM   #22
SiliconTek
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshesevo22 View Post
I want a cage, but my car is a DD for now.... Not sure what to do.. i wouldnt buy a cage that has a side bar, more along the lines of steelbahamuts cage
If there is NO way for your head to come into contact with the bar, maybe. I still wouldn't do it however. For safety, cars are designed to crumple in an accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.
SiliconTek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #23
joshesevo22
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiliconTek View Post
If there is NO way for your head to come into contact with the bar, maybe. I still wouldn't do it however. For safety, cars are designed to crumple in an accident.
Yea, it would still only be a bolt in cage though... and like other pictures show on here that they really dont help that much. So i am thinking its not worth it! I will probably just wait until i pick up another DD and go from there!

Old 03-03-2012, 02:10 AM   #24
Robevo
[Rally Driving Madman]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiliconTek View Post
So you think hitting your head on the side bar without a helmet in an accident is safe?
if you build the cage properly you wont hit a side bar. But if you do in that case, that really will be a least of your problem.
Side bar should be behind the seat....

Besides it is a lamest argument what happens when you hit your head without helmet when you have a cage... Why if you dont have a helmet and you hit your head on the B pillar or the roof , hurt less ?? LOL

but with a cage at least you do have a safe coffin around you vs the fragile uncaged body which will wrap around the cage anyway , just cant come further in.

What would you pick, one roll in the brand new evo X without cage?

or a caged ( old and not soo great) car without helmet with multiple roll ....

Ted Theodore, CCR-SCCA Board of Director
Quote: " People under estimate Rob and that Evo. They are in for a surprise. 5th fastest car last year... but all his runs were in the wet Saturday while all else ran Sunday on the dry."

Last edited by Robevo; 03-03-2012 at 02:16 AM.
Robevo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 02:12 AM   #25
joshesevo22
Forum Lackey

Damn.... that last piture scares me, but i think he was referring to the side bar above your head on the left running down into the dash and hitting your head off that. Not the bars behind you, if that sentence makes sense haha
Old 03-03-2012, 02:19 AM   #26
Robevo
[Rally Driving Madman]

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshesevo22 View Post
Damn.... that last piture scares me, but i think he was referring to the side bar above your head on the left running down into the dash and hitting your head off that. Not the bars behind you, if that sentence makes sense haha
if you hit a bar a front of you ... that means with a proper cage installed , you literally lost your head. Or it is still attached but at least they can identify you , because without the cage you wouldnt be even recognized.

Ted Theodore, CCR-SCCA Board of Director
Quote: " People under estimate Rob and that Evo. They are in for a surprise. 5th fastest car last year... but all his runs were in the wet Saturday while all else ran Sunday on the dry."
Robevo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 02:22 AM   #27
joshesevo22
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robevo View Post
if you hit a bar a front of you ... that means with a proper cage installed , you literally lost your head. Or it is still attached but at least they can identify you , because without the cage you wouldnt be even recognized.
I guess if your head travels that far up or left to hit the bar, with a seatbelt or racing harness. then you were going to be pretty injured anyway with head damage roll cage or not haha.. but good point! I want a cage just dont know who or if i should go with one for DD.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:22 AM   #28
GSR2012
Just Spooling Up

Good information here. Once I get going w/ project I'll post some pictures.
Whiteline 27 mm Front / Rear Sway Bars
AutoPower Race Roll Bar
Fresh Air Brake Duct Kit
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Carbon Fiber Front Lip Spolier
Carbon Fiber Back Lip Spoiler
Carbon Fiber Hood Scoop / Vents
Modified Recaros w/ AutoPower Race Harnesses
Powder Coated Wheels Black
Tein Hood Dampers
Custom White Shift Knob
GSR2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 02:26 AM   #29
ckydici
Just Spooling Up

Did that 2nd picture Evo roll down a hill on the right? Either way, could happen on a multitude of roads... Scary sight.\

Sorry I'm not familiar with this, but I know some of you guys are... If you take your car to a strip and run 11's, don't you need to meet certain cage requirements (typically)?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lots of stuff = AMS TUNED 450whp / 366wtq
ckydici is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 02:26 AM   #30
joshesevo22
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckydici View Post
Did that 2nd picture Evo roll down a hill on the right? Either way, could happen on a multitude of roads... Scary sight.\

Sorry I'm not familiar with this, but I know some of you guys are... If you take your car to a strip and run 11's, don't you need to meet certain cage requirements (typically)?
If its below 11.50, you need a 6 point cage installed i am pretty sure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement