Here is the truth about flash counters, warranty, etc *Interview w.Mits master tech* - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 08-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #11
TheBlade
X-phile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikt View Post
yeah, but that doesn't mean that they are going to use that to null a warranty. There's a misconception that Mits doesn't want to do warranty work. They dealers actually really want to, cuz they get commissions off of it. Mits has a simple set of rules about what gets warrantied and what doesn't, and Mits corporate doesn't care enough about the few hundred Evos they sell to rewrite their warranty rules for an entire company.
preachin' to the choir. I totally agree. I'm just saying that it will be very easy for a tech/law enforcement to use the ruse of determining if you were breaking laws while operating the vehicle and then turn it into a way to unravel your personal life.
TheBlade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #12
ikt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles3680 View Post
Black box removal mod! Ill post the how-to when it happens!
they can track you by cell phone anytime they want anyways. I used to work for Verizon. You location is logged every 3 seconds, 24 hours a day. Gov't can access it whenever they want.
ikt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #13
TheBlade
X-phile

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles3680 View Post
Black box removal mod! Ill post the how-to when it happens!
The law details (which are still be argued over with the appeals processes), actually states that the box can't be tampered with. Obviously the laws say ECU's can't either, however it was stated that if you're in a car accident and law enforcement can't pull the data from your vehicle, your insurance company can deny coverages.

I'm thinking I want to keep my Evo forever...and just get some econobox DD

Old 08-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #14
TheBlade
X-phile

Quote:
they can track you by cell phone anytime they want anyways. I used to work for Verizon. You location is logged every 3 seconds, 24 hours a day. Gov't can access it whenever they want.
Yeah I know (I have a Razr Maxx on VZW), this is nothing new. I don't even try to hide or mask the passive gps in my phone (or past phones). When I don't want to be found, I leave my phone at home
Old 08-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #15
joey
Dr. Evo?

I wish they would have covered my rear diff instead of pulling me around by the short and curlys.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #16
Magnumpsi
Just Spooling Up

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-e...g-counter.html

Mitch
Magnumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #17
ikt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnumpsi View Post
He never flat out said its an ECU counter accessable to a dealer, just that there is an access counter you can so far only see with ECUFlash and the skills to use it. It could be very similar to a remote session ID. No doubt it can tell wether it's been accessed, but who knows if there is even a baseline Mits starts with?

Last edited by ikt; 08-11-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #18
ZeroCooll21
[NEEvo President]

Just curious, do you know how many Evo X Master Techs there are? I know certain nissan dealers have to have specially trained techs for the GT-R's but I've never heard of this of Evo's. Is there list anywhere that shows where other Master Techs are?

Interesting stuff, thanks for posting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Lomker
ZeroCooll21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #19
HappyMint
Forum Addict

Quote:
I'll take the word of a Mitsu master tech with an actual MUT terminal and factory training over a guy who found some string of numbers with ECUTek on the internet.
Thats Tephra, the guy who, I don't know, disassembled and modifed the stock ECU roms and knows more about stock ECU than anyone outside of the few involved at Mitsu who actually wrote it. Just because your master tech doesn't know about it, or can't access it, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. If they can't access it, thats good for all of us.

Build thread with lots of vids:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus
I'm drawn to them and cannot turn away. Its the same morbid fascination I'd have while watching a severely retarded person try to pick up a quarter off the street.

HappyMint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #20
ikt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMint View Post
Thats Tephra, the guy who, I don't know, disassembled and modifed the stock ECU roms and knows more about stock ECU than anyone outside of the few involved at Mitsu who actually wrote it. Just because your master tech doesn't know about it, or can't access it, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. If they can't access it, thats good for all of us.
You're thinking of Cobb...and I know he knows a lot about ECU hacking but that doesn't matter to me, this is about warranty. I think most people don't understand that the basics of ECU stuff isn't that complicated. Tuning and coding, what that guy does, yeah. Hell, I watched a guy hack the first 02 VW GTi ECU with a palm pilot.

Like I said, I'll take the word of an Evo tech over even a programming genius who found a string of numbers that changes with ECU flash only. He didn't claim it was anything else or assert anything about warranty with that.

And actually, if you read the thread, he still says he's not sure if that's what it really is, what causes it, what it's supposed to be, etc.

Last edited by ikt; 08-11-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement