Evo X gas mileage? - Page 6 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 01-28-2009, 02:03 AM   #51
evo4g63awd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR MJ View Post
So what determines the need for the Factory reflash?
I was having idling issues. And its for cars manufactured 04/08 and before.
evo4g63awd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2009, 02:05 AM   #52
markEVO
Just Spooling Up

highest i got was 25.7 mpg

I had the reflash updated yesterday..still with minor idle issue..but i can live with it. my dealer is the best in town...

Last edited by markEVO; 01-28-2009 at 02:09 AM.
markEVO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2009, 02:53 AM   #53
Ttsumibishi
[Detailing Moderator]
[Local Team Mod]
[Bone Closet Mod]

I get around 15mpg, all backroads to work (4 miles each way per day = 8 miles a day). Had the car for four days - need to fill up on the way into work tomorrow morning. Over the weekend - Saturday and Sunday - did a lot of highway driving. I've put about 170 miles on it since taking delivery with a full tank, and I've had a few mildly spirited accelerations. I have about 20-30 miles left on the tank...so figure almost 200 miles to the tank.

My Audi TT 225hp, for comparison, got me about 300 miles to the tank, on the same roads. So I fill up 33% more often...I can live with that
Ttsumibishi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #54
jimmi
Just Spooling Up

Did an experiment. I drove with the flow of traffic. Half highway, half stop and go. No F1 starts, no punching it to hit a gap in traffic...no "hypermiling" just drove like a normal person. 23MPG.

Same drive, drove more aggresively, did more lane changes, accelerated to ahead in a couple of places....18.5MPG...and shaved off a total of 2 mins of on a 30 min drive.

Wife's legacy on same drive....22mpg

Bottome line, it is how you drive. No reason to be in race mode in morning traffic and the milage takes care of itself.

Save the 15mpg driving for weekend trips though the back roads, track or canyons (depending on where you live).
jimmi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2009, 03:26 PM   #55
Nohan13
Just Spooling Up

In my new Evo X which I've had for a little more than a week, I got a hair under 19mpg. My driving was pretty much all in city and I couldn't help but romp on the engine! I still kept the rpm under 5k, just because I know the clutch needs to be broken in. I think my gas milage will stay this way for a little while, until I am over the excitement of revving the engine up just for giggles. I'm sure when I start driving the car normally, I will be in the low 20's.

My 06 Lancer ES usually got me milage in the mid to high 20's. I'll take the 5-8mpg drop for the performance of the X any day. It's a no-brainer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I know there are a few fruit pies posting here who have a picture of themselves in their avatar, which is just the epitome of pure awesome.

And Kidney's boyfriend is excluded from that, as he did some awesome photoshop stretch or something to his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbin Dallas
have any one told you that your avatar is extremely grotesque LOL im at work and im just staring at it for hours on end..
Nohan13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #56
ashams
Just Spooling Up

AP Economy Mode claims to be 26+..........any one have solid experience ?
Old 03-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #57
racerX
Just Spooling Up

I really don't know how you guys get into the 20's..must be driving on the highway...I'm ALL city driving and get 160 miles inbetween fill-ups(12 gallons)...so thats about 13 miles to the gallon....I dont drive like a grandma but i also don't drive like F1 driver....
racerX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2009, 03:57 PM   #58
Nohan13
Just Spooling Up

^Whaa? 13mpg is ridiculously low. The way I drove my car wasn't crazy, but I also wasn't easy on it and I still got 19mpg. Not that it should matter much, but do you have a GSR or MR?

**EDIT** Just to add to this post. I only went on the freeway twice on my last tank and it was for a short distance.

**EDIT AGAIN** My gf has an MR and she drives very aggressively. She still gets 17mpg!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I know there are a few fruit pies posting here who have a picture of themselves in their avatar, which is just the epitome of pure awesome.

And Kidney's boyfriend is excluded from that, as he did some awesome photoshop stretch or something to his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbin Dallas
have any one told you that your avatar is extremely grotesque LOL im at work and im just staring at it for hours on end..

Last edited by Nohan13; 03-25-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Nohan13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2009, 04:30 PM   #59
neng1987
X-phile

highest in city i got was 19 and the most in highway is 22. i guess its because i cruise at 80mph. here in ny everyone with any car drives fast lol
neng1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2009, 04:50 PM   #60
racerX
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohan13 View Post
^Whaa? 13mpg is ridiculously low. The way I drove my car wasn't crazy, but I also wasn't easy on it and I still got 19mpg. Not that it should matter much, but do you have a GSR or MR?

**EDIT** Just to add to this post. I only went on the freeway twice on my last tank and it was for a short distance.

**EDIT AGAIN** My gf has an MR and she drives very aggressively. She still gets 17mpg!
GSR....sticker says 16city I think....

Quote:
Originally Posted by neng1987 View Post
highest in city i got was 19 and the most in highway is 22. i guess its because i cruise at 80mph. here in ny everyone with any car drives fast lol
I hear ya, it's the same way down here..I have gotten it up to 19 and in the 20's but that's when the highway is involved and when I drive like I own one of those smart cars....lol
racerX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement