Racing Seats - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Racing > Track
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Track Discussion for track driving techniques, events and results.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #21
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

Re: Racing Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus View Post
I'm 6' 5"...does that make any difference? I have a 33 inch waste, but would my height necessitate the need for the GT?
Holy shit dude! Not that I know of. Its usually the waist that dictates it. I think you would be fine with the non-gt seats. Best to reach out to a cobra vendor like Harrison Motorsports and see what they have to say.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

Quote:
HA!! Yeah Orthojoe, quit being a vag in your safe, relatively practical cars...come back to us, come dance with the devil again....
KickAss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 11:44 PM   #22
orthojoe
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1130 View Post
The stock seats have airbags in them...

Fixed back seats are good. And that's why I said "unless you are going with a roll cage".

But safety wise the stock seats are going to be as safe or safer then any other seat unless you install a roll cage. And i mean a proper roll cage.

Now in terms of comfort and weight, that's fine. You can get some great weight savings out of replacing the seats. And if you want to go full race build, then that is a definite must. I agree
Unfortunately for OP, I think you are correct. I think it's not the best idea to remove your seats and lose the thorax airbags, especially if you don't have a cage and the car will still be street driven.

Quote:
But for a DD/weekend warrior, you might get frustrated with a fixed back seat. Especially if you are a little heavier set as the seats you are talking about are literal buckets you have to squeeze into and out of. They're awesome, but not convenient.
A good fixed back seat can actually be very comfortable, at least for me it is. Fixed back buckets can be a little cumbersome to get in/out of, but if it's a good seat, they're actually very comfortable once you get it in, even for long trips. If you want a good fixed back bucket seat with pass throughs for shoulder and anti-sub belts, AND thorax airbags, you only have ONE option:

Sell your car and get a Porsche optioned with these seats:

2008 RR Evo X MR - SOLD

Last edited by orthojoe; 02-12-2013 at 11:52 PM.
orthojoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #23
dkevox
[Team IEG VP]

^^^

HAHAHA. fair enough. I wish I could take that option. Would you help me pay the difference?

And goddammit, i've spent the past few hours oogling seats as this thread has made me want new ones.

Quote:
Hey Ddawgg, you know what would be funny? I'll bring you some Taco Bell breakfast food at Evopalooza, ya know, like a joke. It'll be hilarious, I can't wait....oh...hold on a sec. I got ahead of myself, I forgot your a giagantic douche that would rather go to a wedding then dominate a road course. Nevermind....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---------------------------
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--------------------------
dkevox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 11:51 PM   #24
qwertymess
X-phile

Re: Racing Seats

This is a track only car, no street driving. Plus im keeping the stock seats just in.case one day i need to switch back.

Any more options between seats, and seat rails?

I like the raceteq as well, never even new about those. They seem to be extremly light as well.
NASA MidWest TT2 #157
2013 3rd Place Overall TT2
AMS Built 2.2 & 750R
AMS Tuned
JRZ RS Pro's

qwertymess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #25
orthojoe
Forum Lackey

Your sparco selection as well as kickass's cobra seats both look good. Go with whatever is compatible with the seat rails you pick out. Are you going to move to 6 points? The only issue with that is how you bolt the sub belts down. slippery slope.
2008 RR Evo X MR - SOLD
Old 02-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #26
qwertymess
X-phile

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthojoe View Post
Your sparco selection as well as kickass's cobra seats both look good. Go with whatever is compatible with the seat rails you pick out. Are you going to move to 6 points? The only issue with that is how you bolt the sub belts down. slippery slope.
Going with a 5 point driver side, and moving my scrothe 4 point to the passenger side.
qwertymess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 12:19 AM   #27
4-D
Forum Addict

Make sure you can run a HANS device as well. And I would get something with the impact guards on the sides.

(2.2L 750xp MR w/ Accusump OS. by PRS Motorsports):

Sponsored by DSGPerformance.com
R.I.P. Dan Weldon #77
4-D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 12:20 AM   #28
orthojoe
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertymess View Post
Going with a 5 point driver side, and moving my scrothe 4 point to the passenger side.
5 pt still has a sub belt you have to bolt down to the floor, no?
2008 RR Evo X MR - SOLD
Old 02-13-2013, 12:29 AM   #29
[email protected]
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertymess View Post
Jeremy, whats you take on racing seats vs the stock recaros from the above?
If you're looking for a aftermarket racing seat that's going to be as comfortable as the oem you're going to be spending a lot of money. I've had several sets of Bride, Recaro, Sparco, Cobra, and Corbeau and I can honestly say none of them have been as comfy as oem. Now with that said, all the above mentioned seats for race purposes all felt much better then oem far as support/feeling secure in the seat goes.

I personally run Corbeau CR1's in my Evo because they are stupid light, super affordable, and they get the job done....safely. Think I paid 250 bucks for the set off Craigs list years ago, and had Corbeau ship me new rails/sliders. They are great for racing, but these are not something you're going to want to go cross country in. My ass and back start hurting after a hour sitting in them, but i don't race for 1 hr straight so it's not a problem.

Jeremy@SSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 12:38 AM   #30
CrazyIvan
aka ityn

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
If you're looking for a aftermarket racing seat that's going to be as comfortable as the oem you're going to be spending a lot of money. I've had several sets of Bride, Recaro, Sparco, Cobra, and Corbeau and I can honestly say none of them have been as comfy as oem. Now with that said, all the above mentioned seats for race purposes all felt much better then oem far as support/feeling secure in the seat goes.

I personally run Corbeau CR1's in my Evo because they are stupid light, super affordable, and they get the job done....safely. Think I paid 250 bucks for the set off Craigs list years ago, and had Corbeau ship me new rails/sliders. They are great for racing, but these are not something you're going to want to go cross country in. My ass and back start hurting after a hour sitting in them, but i don't race for 1 hr straight so it's not a problem.

Which one was the most comfy between the Bride, Recaro, Sparco, Cobra, and Corbeau?
CrazyIvan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement