Evo X Style Vs Evo 9 - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

View Poll Results: Which looks better?
Evo X ( lets say MR) 104 88.14%
Evo 9 ( lets say MR) 14 11.86%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2008, 12:05 AM   #11
bio-chem
Just Spooling Up

LOL. i think this might be a biased location for this poll. just about everyone of us owns an X.
bio-chem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2008, 12:20 AM   #12
maverick_124

well i got 2 vehicales lol my DD is my EVO x and my tower is in 1997 dodge ram 1500

POS edition lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
maverick_124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2008, 12:30 AM   #13
dcasandman
Forum Addict

I own a X cause it is good looking. I would never own a 9 just cause of the look. So hell yes Im biased lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by dcasandman; 10-13-2008 at 01:38 AM.
dcasandman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 01:10 AM   #14
Deepseadiver

it's evo X forums so I think most will go with the X.
Deepseadiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2008, 05:48 PM   #15
99GSeX
aka EvoXforums

It might be EvoXforums but i think you all know about Evo 9 and X, you all have seen one, you all have drove one.
99GSeX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2008, 06:16 PM   #16
Kooldino
Dino
[Approved Merchant]
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcasandman View Post
Ive always admired the EVOs performance, but I always thought they just looked to much like a Corrola, Civic, and Sentra with a big wing on the back. Then the X came out and I was finally taken by an EVOs look. Hell I got a parking ticket the other day and they Put BMW on the ticket. That would have never happen with a 9. If you debadged a 9 you are more likely to get a ticket that said corrolla on it. Just my 0.02
Exactly.

No one thought the older Evos were good looking except for some motorheads. Most people in general like the looks of the X.
Kooldino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #17
GoKimiGo!
Hero of the day - 4/5/09

Since it is an IX MR vs. X MR I had to go with the IX hands down. There are two factors that lead me to that conclusion.

-The color coded hood and fender vents look like crap on every color except PB.

-The chrome on the grill and the door trim make me cry on all the colors.

Chrome has no place on a Evo as far as I am concerned. Hell it turns my stomach that my GSR's interior door handles, tabs on the air vents and shifter column have chrome on them.

Other than that the X is a much better looking car. The IX looks dated and slapped together in comparison.

It is as if the IX was built up around the old base lancer. The X looks as if it were built as the first thought in the design process (Oops that's because it was) and the new lancer was just stripped down to make a consumer friendly econobox to make volume sales happen for Mitsubishi. Has anyone else noticed how disproportioned the new Lancer's belt line is?

///// Tri-State Evo

GoKimiGo! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #18
H-Pimp
Just Spooling Up

I never owned an EVO 8 or 9, but I always had, and still do have lots of respect for them. But there are plenty of 8 and 9 owners out there that will wind up being "late bandwagon jumpers" in a couple years once nice previous gen evo's become hard to find in the used car market.

As far as I'm concerned the X is head and shoulders a better car than any previous evo, but it will take some time for the rest of the world to realize it.
H-Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2008, 10:40 PM   #19
starScream67
n00b

the X is much more appealing in person as this sexy-ass car is constantly turning people's heads like they were in the Exorcist weither I'm at the hobby shop, gas station, or pulling up to Popeye's for their awsome biscuits.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:51 PM   #20
Jackygor
Forum Lackey

The evo is a more of a crowd pleaser than the 9...that is all. I love the previous evos though

Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement