Evo X Style Vs Evo 9 - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

View Poll Results: Which looks better?
Evo X ( lets say MR) 104 88.14%
Evo 9 ( lets say MR) 14 11.86%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2008, 07:55 AM   #21
Saotome9
Banned

evo 9

(not biased)
Saotome9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2008, 08:40 AM   #22
joey
Dr. Evo?

i like them both. for me the front end of the X does it. Although i sure would like the numbers of the X to match with the IX's

Old 10-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #23
blazevo

Ive owned the CT9A vii-ix and the CT9A's IMO looked cheap no matter how much C-West kits or Voltexs GT wings you added it still looked like a fixed up honda to many people. From the side view it looked gay, but the front end and back end is where the CT9A looked best. Now the new chassis CZ4A= Evo X it looks good all around front,back, side to side underneath inside everywhere its just a nicer looking car. Also I noticed its more Aero friendly at higher speeds and hugs the canyons better IMO.
blazevo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 01:46 PM   #24
dcasandman
Forum Addict

To me the biggest weakness is the rear end of the X. It looks like a IS350 or a Mazda 3. It still looks better the the IX to me, but he rear makes it look a little less edgy and more econo boxy. Still to me the IX is the king of the mountain when it comes to the econo box look though. No matter how much you try it still looks cheap to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dcasandman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2008, 02:13 AM   #25
99GSeX
aka EvoXforums

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcasandman View Post
To me the biggest weakness is the rear end of the X. It looks like a IS350 or a Mazda 3. It still looks better the the IX to me, but he rear makes it look a little less edgy and more econo boxy. Still to me the IX is the king of the mountain when it comes to the econo box look though. No matter how much you try it still looks cheap to me.
But it still looks better than 9TH Gen Evos, just like you said.
99GSeX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2008, 06:01 AM   #26
jayevo23
Just Spooling Up

Ima go with the x but i love the look of the 9 & 8 especially with the jdm rear bumper. I dont know how anyone can say that the old evos are ugly.alot of people i know like the old evos better it all depends what crowd your around.the older ppl like the new evo and the younger ppl like the older version.i could care less about luxury or what ppl thought about my car im in it for performance.
jayevo23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2008, 06:39 AM   #27
Mojito
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcasandman View Post
Ive always admired the EVOs performance, but I always thought they just looked to much like a Corrola, Civic, and Sentra with a big wing on the back. Then the X came out and I was finally taken by an EVOs look. Hell I got a parking ticket the other day and they Put BMW on the ticket. That would have never happen with a 9. If you debadged a 9 you are more likely to get a ticket that said corrolla on it. Just my 0.02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooldino View Post
Exactly.

No one thought the older Evos were good looking except for some motorheads. Most people in general like the looks of the X.
I'm with you guys. I liked old Evo's performance but hated the looks (otherwise I would have owned one). Now with the X it's finally up to the level of me wanting to get it. And I got one even before it came out in my country

No chromofobia here
Mojito is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2008, 04:22 PM   #28
99GSeX
aka EvoXforums

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayevo23 View Post
Ima go with the x but i love the look of the 9 & 8 especially with the jdm rear bumper. I dont know how anyone can say that the old evos are ugly.alot of people i know like the old evos better it all depends what crowd your around.the older ppl like the new evo and the younger ppl like the older version.i could care less about luxury or what ppl thought about my car im in it for performance.
I don't think anyone said the evo 9 or 8is ugly . I still like them, i like all Evos starting with evo iv and up.
99GSeX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2008, 05:19 PM   #29
Aidan
Just Spooling Up

Why do people always make the cars seem like enemies or something, theyre both the same thing essentially, not made to compete with each other.

Typical Americans to just think of the 9 and 10, since the ones before that were American-Focussed and crappy.

The Evo 5 Japaneise one is amazing.

The 9 is a better car, better looking and more "Raw" and Focussed than the X.

The X is an amazing car though, Looks sexy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2008, 05:45 PM   #30
dcasandman
Forum Addict

Think the question is just which look you like more not performance. I would have never purchased any before the X.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
Why do people always make the cars seem like enemies or something, theyre both the same thing essentially, not made to compete with each other.

Typical Americans to just think of the 9 and 10, since the ones before that were American-Focussed and crappy.

The Evo 5 Japaneise one is amazing.

The 9 is a better car, better looking and more "Raw" and Focussed than the X.

The X is an amazing car though, Looks sexy.

dcasandman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement