Rickerman Tuning: reliable and powerful tuning - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Merchant Marketplace > E-Tuning Services
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

E-Tuning Services A place for our Approved Merchants and E-Tuners to start threads and discuss services. Please do not post results in this section.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
chetrickerman
[E-Tuner]

Rickerman Tuning: reliable and powerful tuning

Hello everyone. If you are looking for an E-tune, look no further. Reliability is always number 1 when I tune, power is second.

I am a medically retired Army veteran and am home all day virtually everyday, so I am able to make revisions very fast, typically within 1-2 hours of me receiving the logs.

For anyone not familiar with E-tuning, its pretty simple, it just takes time (more or less depending on the setup). Basically, you send me a list of mods that you have on your car, then I create a custom basemap set up for those mods and I email it to you. You flash that basemap to your car, and inform me of any drivability issues, if there are any. You take datalogs of the issues, and I fix them, then its on to WOT tuning. You go do 3 consecutive third gear pulls and email me the datalogs from it. I make the appropriate adjustments and send the revised ROM back to you. That process repeats until the tune is finished.

I do require that you have a wideband, and either a cobb AP, or a tactrix openport 2.0. If you are interested or have a question, feel free to shoot me a PM. Price of tunes vary depending on the setup/mods to your car.

Thanks for reading

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP mlomker

Last edited by InfantryMP; 01-19-2014 at 07:56 PM.
chetrickerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #2
Englando
Forum Lackey

Can't wait for my etune!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Englando is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 12:47 AM   #3
HappyMint
Forum Addict

/Salute to a good tuner and a good guy.

Build thread with lots of vids:

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus
I'm drawn to them and cannot turn away. Its the same morbid fascination I'd have while watching a severely retarded person try to pick up a quarter off the street.

HappyMint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #4
chetrickerman
[E-Tuner]

Thank you sir

RIP mlomker

Old 01-12-2013, 01:35 AM   #5
armysoldier1073
X-phile

Location: Where ever the Army sends me. Currently in Dayton, OH
Awesome work Chet. Anyone that gets a rickerman tune won't be disappointed. Just wait till the ef2.5 comes..... 👍

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
AGP T3 5858BB (453/386), prowakeskater TUNED, DW1000 cc injectors, DW65c fuel pump, AMS UICP / INTAKE, GS 3 PORT, CP-E RESONATED CBE, RB ET500 PADS, PROSPORT HOOD DAMPERS, ACT HD 6puck w/ Streetlite flywheel, Magnus kit w/ EVO 9 CMC, GTWORKS Tarmac springs, ETS 3" FMIC / HFC, RS fog delete, Zietronic LCD to monitor WB / Boost, WhiteLine 27mm rear sway
armysoldier1073 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 01:40 AM   #6
X&XL
Just Spooling Up

I can second his claims as I'm working with him now. Very helpful gentleman, once he's finished his work, I will provide dyno results for his future customers!

Chet ftw!

Sent from my EVO

2012- PB EVO X: 366hp/352tq VD Chet Tuned
2012- WW Outlander; Loaded

Past

2012- Kia Optima SX Turbo
1992- Mazda Miata - Turbo
1995- Nissan 240sx- Rb25Det
2007- Saturn Aura Xr- 3.6 V6
2000- Audi S4- Stage 3 FrankenTurbo
2004- Dodge Neon SRT4 - Built 10.5 @ 133
2007- Mazdaspeed 3 - Fully Bolted
X&XL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 02:30 AM   #7
geronimo!
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
Hello everyone. If you are looking for an E-tune, look no further. Reliability is always number 1 when I tune, power is second.

I am a medically retired Army veteran and am home all day virtually everyday, so I am able to make revisions very fast, typically within 1-2 hours of me receiving the logs.

For anyone not familiar with E-tuning, its pretty simple, it just takes time (more or less depending on the setup). Basically, you send me a list of mods that you have on your car, then I create a custom basemap set up for those mods and I email it to you. You flash that basemap to your car, and inform me of any drivability issues, if there are any. You take datalogs of the issues, and I fix them, then its on to WOT tuning. You go do 3 consecutive third gear pulls and email me the datalogs from it. I make the appropriate adjustments and send the revised ROM back to you. That process repeats until the tune is finished.

I do require that you have a wideband, and either a cobb AP, or a tactrix openport 2.0. If you are interested or have a question, feel free to shoot me a PM. Price of tunes vary depending on the setup/mods to your car.

Thanks for reading
Hey Chet. Can you maybe explain the process of data logging. Because I have read that some e tunes require evoscan and something else? When you waste not asking for that. ... are those required for logging? Thanks for all the info and help. Looking forward to tuning with you in a month

Quote:
This goes for everyone....... It's your money, do as you please. Please yourself, and don't MOD your car for anyone else but yourself. There are way too many " Should I buy This or That " threads. Your letting your car be built by others inputs. Yes you pulled the trigger but you were swayed by opinions.
geronimo! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 04:03 AM   #8
chetrickerman
[E-Tuner]

Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo! View Post
Hey Chet. Can you maybe explain the process of data logging. Because I have read that some e tunes require evoscan and something else? When you waste not asking for that. ... are those required for logging? Thanks for all the info and help. Looking forward to tuning with you in a month
If you go opensource (which I prefer) you will use the tactrix openport 2.0 as the interface between the computer and ECU. You use ECUFlash as the ROM editing/flashing software, then EvoScan as the logging software.

If you choose to get a cobb AP, then the cobb software edits/flashes the rom and logs

RIP mlomker

Old 01-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #9
taylorsherk
X-phile

Congrats on become an official etuner merchant Chet.
Chet is an amazing guy, extremely helpful and my car loves him.

TUNED BY CHET RICKERMAN on 91 octane
Installed: Perrin CB, UR mini muffler Test pipe, UICP, 3.5" FMIC, 3port, Harmon Motive Intake
Weds Sports SA-55M

Waiting: FP Red, MAP Long Runner, FIC900cc
taylorsherk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #10
InfantryMP
[Administrator]
[Local Team Member]
[Powder Coating Guru]

Welcome Rickerman Tuning as our newest E-tuner! Rickerman Tuning will not dissapoint anyone. Fast and Furios when it comes to working for you. A+ service with Rickerman Tuning!
InfantryMP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement