Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Very Loud sound coming from the Front

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  evoxva 
#1 ·
Ok not sure what it is as of yet but it is diffentlly not right. I have a loud sound coming from the front wheels area. I'm not sure but I think it is one of three things, I need new tires although they don't look that bad, the rotors are bad and need to be replaced, or a bad bearing. All of which sucks for me right now just wanted to know what you guys think.

#3 ·
^^^ It's like a loud roaring sound when I'm driving and it only gets louder when I go faster.

#5 ·
did you check your fender-wells? a loose fender lining rubbing against the tire might do that. Id be shocked to hear of a bearing going bad this early, although the sound is similar as well. Does it intensify under braking?
Yea some times it does get louder when I brake and yea I have checked the fender-wells and they are snug as a bug. I said the same thing you did as far as it is hard to think the bearings are bad already but that is thmost logical guess that or the rotors are F*****.

#7 ·
I just got my tires rotated about 1 week ago and this was going on about 300 miles before that and is still there.

#9 ·
Yes the car is stock in all areas except for a AP.

#11 ·
Not sure if it's the alignment though for the car drives straight as s*** and the breaks do sqeek really bad but only right after it rains but doesn't shake when braking.

#12 ·
jmayevox I'd recommend you take it to the dealer and have them isolate the problem, hopefully it's some sort of alignment issue and nothing major. I don't think it's the tires or rotors, as hollywood said, you would definitely know if either were acting up as they have very unique and different fail symptoms.

#13 ·
jmayevox I'd recommend you take it to the dealer and have them isolate the problem, hopefully it's some sort of alignment issue and nothing major. I don't think it's the tires or rotors, as hollywood said, you would definitely know if either were acting up as they have very unique and different fail symptoms.

Thanks for the help everyone and yea I have the day off tomorrow so I guess I will take it the dealer.

#14 ·
Well I took the car to NTB instead of the dealer for I hate the Mitsu Dealer here and They said the alignment was off and the inside wall of my tires have about worn out that you can't see or fell until you take the wheel off. So I ordered new tires spacers and springs and will post pics as soon as they are installed thanks for the help everyone.

#17 ·
I will post a full reveiw as soon as I get them in and have them installed.

#19 ·
Mine is doing the same thing. Dealer says my tires are cupped and my car does not need an alignment. He said the tires are soft and evo drivers tend to drive crazy so this happens a lot. I have 5000 miles on mine and I plan to get more than 10000 miles on the tires. I will just deal with the noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.