Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Love of Photography

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Jesse12345 
#1 ·
Ha! Super excited to see this section.
I am hugely into photography and it has become effectively become my second job.

I'm predominantly into portraitures, but have shot cars in the past. (to think of it, I still have my rolling rig setup)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Depends on your budget :) Camera/lenses/light are brushes and the paint, its up to you to make the image.

I own 2x d750's & 2x d800's and slew of Nikon lenses. My favorite camera is a 6 year old d800. it has 150k actuations, and recently got it serviced by NPS with a new shutter box. I paid $700 for a 6 year old pro camera and paid $200 to refurb it. If you check sites like dxomark.com and check the rankings for each camera, you will see d800 still comes in at #11 and still kicks ass.

I would suggest getting an old professional camera such as 5dmk3 or d800, as they are built like tanks. :)

Hope that helps.

#4 ·
Super helpful! Thanks a lot! I’ll look into the two that you mentioned! I’ll be brand new to photography burn it’s something that I’ve always wanted to try out. Maybe a couple blogs here and there. Just something new to pick up you know? And I know it would be easier to just get a baseline camera and work my way up but in hoping I’m gling to enjoy it and so I might as well get something that I’ll have for the long run. I stead of dropping more money later down the road. What do you think? Any other advice? Lenses? Planning on taking a class on photography at school as well. Sorry for the long post, this is an interest for me!

#5 ·
Bodies are consumables and lenses are heirlooms.

Buy a manual capable body and a good fixed prime to learn with. Zooms at lower price points are, imo, garbage.

With prices of d800 and 5dmk3 hovering around $1k there is no reason to buy new cameras anymore. sensor technology have pretty much plateaued.

I had NPS send out a d850 (brand new $3.5k body) to me to eval, and while it was nice in most ways, the resulting images and its raw depths were no different than my old d800. Nevertheless I sent it back.

gl w ur search. photography is fun, and pays well if you are good. weddings and hs seniors where all my car money comes from. ;)

#7 · (Edited)
I'm also fond of photography and I really liked your pictures. Especially the lighting in the photos is very good. When I look at someone's great photos, I find inspiration in it. And I always want to be trained to improve my photography skills. So I found this site (https://shutterreleaseworld.com) where you can learn something new. And looking at these types of photography, I want to choose a new direction for shooting. I used to shoot only nature and objects, but now I want to shoot people and cars. And so I'm looking for a new lens for this, because my photography technique is no longer enough for new shooting directions.

#8 ·
I'm also fond of photography and I really liked your pictures. Especially the lighting in the photos is very good. When I look at someone's great photos, I find inspiration in it. And I always want to be trained to improve my photography skills. So I found this site (https://shutterreleaseworld.com) where you can learn something new. And looking at these types of photography, I want to choose a new direction for shooting. I used to shoot only nature and objects, but now I want to shoot people and cars. And so I'm looking for a new lens for this, because my photography technique is no longer enough for new shooting directions.
I wish you good luck in this case!

#9 ·
That's fantastic to hear! Photography is such a fulfilling passion, and it's wonderful that it's become such a significant part of your life. Portraiture is such a captivating genre, allowing you to capture the essence and personality of your subjects in a single frame. And shooting cars sounds like an exciting endeavor too – there's something special about capturing the sleek lines and intricate details of automobiles.

It's amazing that you still have your rolling rig setup for car photography. That setup can truly elevate your shots, allowing you to capture dynamic and engaging images of vehicles in motion. Whether you're focusing on portraits or cars, having a specialized setup like that can really take your photography to the next level.

Keep up the great work, and never stop exploring new avenues within the world of photography. It's a journey filled with endless possibilities, and I'm excited to see where your passion takes you next!