Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Vland LED Headlights install

29K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Marq 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

So I ordered the Vland LED Audi style headlights for my X and have no idea how to install them. I have the SSS package on my car that already has the dual beam projector HID's so I take it that might have something to do with why it's so difficult to figure them out. Has anybody bought these headlights and tried to install them with the SSS projector headlights already installed? Just lookin for some input and guidance from somebody who's already tried this.

Thanks

#3 ·
I have the SSS headlights and all I did was use the part of the harness that plugs right in and left the other half that controls the headlight vertical adjusters unhooked. Worked just fine. Even used the shitty HIDs that came with them. I have since upgraded. But it worked.

#15 ·
The housings will both take H7 and D2S...First I used the h7 bulbs that it came with because I did not want to deal with retrofitting the OEM HID/Ballast. After finding then combining 2 different wiring harness, then drilled the hole where the ballast would mount and got to use my OEM HIDs.
Links to the harnesses:

Wire harness procedure: Ballast--->Matsushita to 9006 Male connector---->9006 Female to H7 Male connector----->H7 Female(this the existing VLAND wiring).
Hope this helps...I did not want to hack my OEM headlights in case I wanted to revert back in the near future..

#16 · (Edited)
Hey I’m about to build some vlands myself and just got them in the mail. I’m wondering why you needed these adapter wires? Why can you just take the whole OEM HID ballast and bulb systems and place them into the Vlands without changing any wiring? Does the setup with the adapters use the connector on the end of the ballast rather than the flat side of the ballast? I haven’t had a chance to take the oem headlight assemblies out yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.