BluEvo 2014 EVO X GSR cosmic blue AMS 2.0 CRATE ENGINE - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Build Journals
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Build Journals Build journals specifically for the Evo X. One thread per build. Be sure to read the sticky.

Old 10-08-2019, 03:40 AM   #11
BluEvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by turismolover22 View Post
Good deal.

Yeah, on the stock turbo its about pointless to run it much past 6k, 6500 max. There just isn't any air being moved due to turbo size. It's out of its efficiency range at that point. I shift around 6200 since that usually puts me into the right range in the next gear for max power.
Agreed, I'm not too knowledgeable about turbo efficiencies and what not, but you can definitely tell it was running out of breath up in the rev range, and shifting a little early puts you right back in the torque curve.

I'm hoping with these cams and turbo I'll have a nice balance of quick spool and some top end power. For some reason I can't find alot of Blouch Dom 3.0XTR builds on the Evo forums. Even after looking for BBK-C results, it seems not a lot of people run this turbo and document it on any of the forums. I've seen like 3 in the forums i think and one was a 2.3L evo 8/9 build.
Seems like alot more ran the dom 2.0 or bbk-b (not to mention FP/EF/Garrett).

Anyway, AMS shipped the engine back last week. Should be getting it dropped in and all the parts installed soon, followed by a break in period, and finally a dyno tune (if everything goes as planned lol)

I'll be posting some pics of the engine bay with all the new goodies when i get it back for break in, and the dyno sheets as soon as that's done.

Thanks for the responses
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2019, 05:42 PM   #12
Boostfed X
Just Spooling Up

hey man looks like its going to be a solid build. im direct with Os Giken and can get you a deal on that clutch if your interested shoot me a PM

Looking for Parts? PM Me!
Boostfed X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2019, 06:19 PM   #13
BluEvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostfed X View Post
hey man looks like its going to be a solid build. im direct with Os Giken and can get you a deal on that clutch if your interested shoot me a PM
Hey thanks, the offer is much appreciated. But the shop doing the install had one laying around from a previous customer who ended up cancelling. So they gave me a pretty good deal on the clutch and conversion kit.

I've heard/read nothing but good things about the clutch so I'm stoked to see how it performs.

Old 10-10-2019, 12:07 AM   #14
Boostfed X
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluEvo View Post
Hey thanks, the offer is much appreciated. But the shop doing the install had one laying around from a previous customer who ended up cancelling. So they gave me a pretty good deal on the clutch and conversion kit.

I've heard/read nothing but good things about the clutch so I'm stoked to see how it performs.
Hell yeah man its a solid clutch i love mine!

Looking for Parts? PM Me!
Boostfed X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2019, 08:48 PM   #15
BluEvo

update

The car is almost all buttoned up and ready for the initial break-in.

Noting a couple of issues that popped up during the parts install:

1) The re circulation insert for the HKS SSQV IV is not the same size as the inlet tube on the MAP 'Rev 2' 3.5 inch intake for the bov re circulation hose.
We had to have one fabricated in order to fit the intakes bov port properly. I'll post some pictures soon to give a better idea.

2) There was a 3-4 inch crack on my stock exhaust manifold (on the exhaust-manifold side), so that manifold was replaced with the MAP tubular coated in black.

I want to point out that the stock one cracked at some point in the 45,000 miles I've put on the car. It was tuned with about 26-27 psi and I haven't tracked the car.
So basically this stock mani cracked with a stock turbo, minor bolt ons (intake, EBCS, and TBE) and some spirited driving.

In retrospect, I would say that the manifold should be up there on the list of "1st mods to do to the Evo", for anyone looking to modify their Evo X, since it appears mine cracked pretty easily.
The map cast manifold would have been my 1st pick, but they were out of stock so i got the tubular instead.

Pics/break in update coming soon.

Last edited by BluEvo; 10-20-2019 at 08:56 PM.
BluEvo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2019, 01:43 AM   #16
BluEvo

Break-In

Cars back and running well. Only on mile 50 or so of the break in period, ACN 91, no boost, keepin it under 3.6 - 4k rpm, lots of engine braking (which is fun with the UR resonated tp).

When facing the sun/lights the gold fmic is pretty apparent. But in the shade/dark its hardly noticeable.

The A pillar pod that i got was cheap and didnt have any clips etc, so some were made to hold it in place. The gauges sure look cool though.
Zeitronix ethanol content
Innovate oil temp/pres
AEM wideband failsafe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontAngle.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	844.4 KB
ID:	280448   Click image for larger version

Name:	1GaugesPods.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	523.2 KB
ID:	280462   Click image for larger version

Name:	2FMICgarage.jpg
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	280466  

Last edited by BluEvo; 10-26-2019 at 02:33 AM. Reason: images added
Old 10-26-2019, 02:25 AM   #17
BluEvo

engine/drive

pics:
AMS long block
MAP manifold
Blouch Dom 3.0XTR
Radium fueling/catch cans
MAP intake
AMS dp

The HKS BOV had a faulty diaphragm so it was sent back and i'm waiting for a replacement. I'm running the stock bpv for now, but it doesn't really matter for the break in anyway.

The interior vibrates quite a bit when the engines running due to the 2 torque solution engine mounts. But its a whole nother level of responsiveness when it comes to feeling the clutch/gas, which I really enjoy.

Shifts with the OS Giken clutch kit and the rigid engine mounts are awesome. I'm impressed with the clutch overall.

I don't remember what the stock one felt like because I put an ACT in right away when i got the car. But this OS Giken has a slightly stiffer feel to it than the ACT, and definitely bites earlier and harder.
I would say its pretty daily driver-able, especially for what it can put up with torque/power wise.

One thing I didn't expect was for the car to corner and handle better.
I seems like the car rolls less and feels much more planted because of the mounts holding things more firmly in place.

This may be because I'm used to daily driving a 2000 E46 328i with 230000 miles for the last few months, but I'm pretty sure the mounts helped the handling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	downpipe.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	280454   Click image for larger version

Name:	Turboinlet.jpg
Size:	2.84 MB
ID:	280456   Click image for larger version

Name:	UnderHood.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	280458   Click image for larger version

Name:	FuelRail.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	280460  

Last edited by BluEvo; 10-26-2019 at 02:38 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-05-2019, 05:31 PM   #18
ugakirk
Just Spooling Up

Wow. Looks great!

I would assume that the handling has to do more with the not driving it in a while. Are you going to put the IC plastic pieces back on or leave it off to see the ends of the IC?

Last edited by ugakirk; 11-05-2019 at 05:34 PM.
ugakirk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2019, 02:08 AM   #19
BluEvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugakirk View Post
Wow. Looks great!

I would assume that the handling has to do more with the not driving it in a while. Are you going to put the IC plastic pieces back on or leave it off to see the ends of the IC?

Thank you!

I'm not sure yet. I know they're put there for a reason. but I saw some Evos with em off and thought they looked cool, then I read they help with airflow and stuff so idk.

I should probably have them on, plus it would help with keeping the fmic a little more low profile lol.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:19 PM   #20
turismolover22
X-phile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluEvo View Post
Thank you!

I'm not sure yet. I know they're put there for a reason. but I saw some Evos with em off and thought they looked cool, then I read they help with airflow and stuff so idk.

I should probably have them on, plus it would help with keeping the fmic a little more low profile lol.
Put them in, it makes the car look more complete
turismolover22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement