Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Fog light delete kit

14K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Roger351 
#1 ·
I have been searching for fog light delete kit for my 2012 MR with no success.
Please help me find a factory look, not the fancy carbon fiber stuff. A while back, I read about an RS fog light delete kit or something. I am looking for vendors that sell them. My transmission heats up in summer stop and go traffic in Seattle. Thank you in advance.

#5 ·
I ordered mine from https://www.amayama.com
Shipping took a while but it was really affordable compared to other options I found.

RS trim part numbers below with the costs from when I ordered.

Mitsubishi 6405A103 - COVER, PLASTIC
$5.91

Mitsubishi 6405A104 - COVER, PLASTIC
$5.91

Mitsubishi 6402A139 - BRACKET STEEL (MESH)
$35.05

Mitsubishi 6402A140 - BRACKET STEEL (MESH)
$35.04

You're the damn MVP, thanks a bunch for this.

#6 ·
I live in Seattle, drive in traffic and occasionally race my car during summer time. I have only once in 5 years seen the overheat tranny and that was at the drag strip launching the car. Something doesn’t sound right if it’s overheating in traffic. Have you done the transmission fluid change?

#7 ·
Fog light delete

I had the tranny fluid changed about 3 years ago, about 25K miles. I only started experiencing the tranny jerks in first gear while accelerating gently in stop and go traffic this past "hot" summer. The car shifts normally in other gears though. If traffic continually moving passed first gear for more than a minute, I think there's enough air to cool the tranny and will not jerk when traffic stop again. That is why I am looking for fog light delete kit, with a puller fan installed behind the cooler I think it will fix this issue. Thank you all for responding to me and your suggestions. I will get the tranny fluid changed this spring or before it gets warmer here in Seattle. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

#13 ·
I'm wondering if the fog light delete kit is really that important for an occasional autocross and 2-3 track days a year car? I know the SST cooler will appreciate it, but I just got the SSP Titan cooler so don't know.

I do like the look of the fog lights (although my left side is still off since I removed it on track cooking my clutches the first time I went lol)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.