Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Rickerman Tuning: reliable and powerful tuning

136K views 487 replies 158 participants last post by  Quadrider10 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello everyone. If you are looking for an E-tune, look no further. Reliability is always number 1 when I tune, power is second.

I am a medically retired Army veteran and am home all day virtually everyday, so I am able to make revisions very fast, typically within 1-2 hours of me receiving the logs.

For anyone not familiar with E-tuning, its pretty simple, it just takes time (more or less depending on the setup). Basically, you send me a list of mods that you have on your car, then I create a custom basemap set up for those mods and I email it to you. You flash that basemap to your car, and inform me of any drivability issues, if there are any. You take datalogs of the issues, and I fix them, then its on to WOT tuning. You go do 3 consecutive third gear pulls and email me the datalogs from it. I make the appropriate adjustments and send the revised ROM back to you. That process repeats until the tune is finished.

I do require that you have a wideband, and either a cobb AP, or a tactrix openport 2.0. If you are interested or have a question, feel free to shoot me a PM. Price of tunes vary depending on the setup/mods to your car.

Thanks for reading :)

See less See more
#5 ·
Awesome work Chet. Anyone that gets a rickerman tune won't be disappointed. Just wait till the ef2.5 comes..... ?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#6 ·
I can second his claims as I'm working with him now. Very helpful gentleman, once he's finished his work, I will provide dyno results for his future customers!

Chet ftw!

Sent from my EVO

#7 ·
Hello everyone. If you are looking for an E-tune, look no further. Reliability is always number 1 when I tune, power is second.

I am a medically retired Army veteran and am home all day virtually everyday, so I am able to make revisions very fast, typically within 1-2 hours of me receiving the logs.

For anyone not familiar with E-tuning, its pretty simple, it just takes time (more or less depending on the setup). Basically, you send me a list of mods that you have on your car, then I create a custom basemap set up for those mods and I email it to you. You flash that basemap to your car, and inform me of any drivability issues, if there are any. You take datalogs of the issues, and I fix them, then its on to WOT tuning. You go do 3 consecutive third gear pulls and email me the datalogs from it. I make the appropriate adjustments and send the revised ROM back to you. That process repeats until the tune is finished.

I do require that you have a wideband, and either a cobb AP, or a tactrix openport 2.0. If you are interested or have a question, feel free to shoot me a PM. Price of tunes vary depending on the setup/mods to your car.

Thanks for reading :)
Hey Chet. Can you maybe explain the process of data logging. Because I have read that some e tunes require evoscan and something else? When you waste not asking for that. ... are those required for logging? Thanks for all the info and help. Looking forward to tuning with you in a month

#8 ·
If you go opensource (which I prefer) you will use the tactrix openport 2.0 as the interface between the computer and ECU. You use ECUFlash as the ROM editing/flashing software, then EvoScan as the logging software.

If you choose to get a cobb AP, then the cobb software edits/flashes the rom and logs

#9 ·
Congrats on become an official etuner merchant Chet.
Chet is an amazing guy, extremely helpful and my car loves him.

#16 ·
Chet is the man! Very patient and very knowledgable. I have had 3 different tunes on my car from three respectable tuners and Chet has produced the best one for both power and reliability.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#25 ·
Well I started tunning with Chet here.. so far professional and very quick to respond :)

I had my first 3 pull session , then I had to hit work again.. got out late and lets just say popo comes out to play near my community .. so I had to cut it early. He told me not to .
worry and he would continue on for the next day.

To me that's professionalism at its best , and I will post the results after he finishes my tune

Car:

Listing only the power mods:
2012 Evo X

Grimspeed 3 port ( new)
ETS 4" Intercooler
ETS Test Pipe ( using Zeitronix ZT2 Wideband)
ETS V2 Quiet Exhaust
ETS Upper Intercooler Pipe
AMS Short Ram Intake

#26 ·
you wont reget going with chet. safe reliable power, nothing better then that.

i cant wait to restart the tuning with chet. i have a FP red, map long runner tubular mani, FIC900cc injectors and rexpeed dp sitting in couple boxes in my spare bedroom.

question is do i fix my AYC pump before i do the swap?????

#29 ·
you wont reget going with chet. safe reliable power, nothing better then that.

i cant wait to restart the tuning with chet. i have a FP red, map long runner tubular mani, FIC900cc injectors and rexpeed dp sitting in couple boxes in my spare bedroom.

question is do i fix my AYC pump before i do the swap?????

what you think chet????????????????????????

#27 ·
Your car will be a totally different car once your done. Chet will take care of you, and is the difinition of a business man. He wont stop until your satisfied, and your car is running at its best. I know this from about a year of working with Chet on multiple things.

#31 ·
i like u. i mean the way you think......lol

keep up the good work chet. and get ready to tune my new snail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.