Buying a 2012 EvoX GSR advice. - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 06-19-2019, 01:07 PM   #1
TurboTime
n00b

Buying a 2012 EvoX GSR advice.

Hey guys new to the forum, I’m currently seriously looking at a 2012 wicked white gsr with pretty much every single option. One owner with 140k miles. Price advertised is at 16k. The car is all stock except for some wheels. Interior is insanely clean. Runs strong as well. I’m just not sure where to start with it as it is higher mileage. Any pointers? This will be my first evo. Thanks guys
TurboTime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2019, 01:48 PM   #2
Metal_AF
Just Spooling Up

Get it inspected by a shop that is familiar with evos if you can. Where are you located? Do you plan on modding it?
Metal_AF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2019, 02:31 PM   #3
TurboTime
n00b

It’s located in Texas Dallas to be exact. Im in New Mexico. I do plan on building some power. I don’t know a huge amount about evos but I’m well aware of what they are capable of. Very excited to finally have one haha
TurboTime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 01:52 AM   #4
fyr3

Good luck man, a buddy of mine picked up a high mileage evo and somehow has less issues than me still under 100k.
fyr3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2019, 01:52 AM   #5
fyr3

That could potentially be driver error though XD
fyr3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2019, 03:14 PM   #6
LagunaBlueAP2
Just Spooling Up

Got a friend who’s a professional mechanic? Bring him with you to look at it.

Or ask(the dealer) for a Pre purchase inspection where you can bring in a mechanic or bring the car over to his shop.

Having a professional look it over is worth the investment.
LagunaBlueAP2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 03:33 PM   #7
ugakirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyr3 View Post
Good luck man, a buddy of mine picked up a high mileage evo and somehow has less issues than me still under 100k.
My old 8 was the same way. I bought it and it only had like 12k miles and had alot of issues, while my buddy bought an 8 with 130k and it ran perfectly.

It mostly has to do with how the previous owner kept up with maintenance and drove it. A high mileage Evo may have been driven on a long commute for years, but it wasn't beat on constantly like a lower mileage one.

The higher mileage Evos that I've seen are actually quite reliable.
ugakirk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement