Evo X Handling Package Review (ISC, Cobb & Whiteline) - Page 5 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Wheels, Suspension & Brakes
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Wheels, Suspension & Brakes General discussion for wheels, tires, brakes, and suspension topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #41
r34p3rex
[Local Team Member]

Any reason you didn't go with a matched spring rate F/R or slightly stiffer rear since the X has a multi arm setup with a lower motion ratio in the rear?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
r34p3rex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #42
alsong2002
X-phile

any more depth comments?
hows the handling compare to stock
alsong2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #43
alsong2002
X-phile

is the isc twin tube or mono tube designed?
alsong2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #44
kcandiloro
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by r34p3rex View Post
Any reason you didn't go with a matched spring rate F/R or slightly stiffer rear since the X has a multi arm setup with a lower motion ratio in the rear?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The rates I listed in the first post are off the ISC application guide spreadsheet so I assume that's what I got since I didn't specify a custom rate. I don't know what engineering processes lead them to those numbers but I assume there was some reasoning behind it. Honestly, I didn't work it through that heavily to determine an alternate rate setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsong2002 View Post
any more depth comments?
hows the handling compare to stock
I let WraithX drive the car this weekend (brave, I know). Maybe he will chime in with thoughts. He seemed to like it though. I'm kicking myself because I should have ridden in the back while he was driving so I could test out the ride back there.

Handling is superior to stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsong2002 View Post
is the isc twin tube or mono tube designed?
They call them "single cylinder design" so I assume that answers your question.

ಠ_ಠ

2008 MR Phantom Black

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson
kcandiloro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #45
kcandiloro
[Local Team Member]

During the first two weeks on the car, the coils settled quite a bit. I adjusted them this past weekend to give me another 1/2" of ride height and it made a huge difference. Any ride quality issues I was having are totally gone. No creaking from the rear and no harsh bottoming out on modest potholes. The wheel gap is nice and even now and I am again quite happy with the setup.

Before:

After:

ಠ_ಠ

2008 MR Phantom Black

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson
Old 04-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #46
Baller4u2nv
Just Spooling Up

on the Before setup(before you raised it) How would you rate the suspension from 1-10? From a comfort standpoint, since you said it handles just like stock.

I ordered these and STILL WAITING from MAP,(almost a month) but i plan on going as low as you did.
Baller4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #47
kcandiloro
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller4u2nv View Post
on the Before setup(before you raised it) How would you rate the suspension from 1-10? From a comfort standpoint, since you said it handles just like stock.

I ordered these and STILL WAITING from MAP,(almost a month) but i plan on going as low as you did.

I would say right before I adjusted them, the comfort level was something like a 6/10. Most of the time it was ok, but they were bottoming out on some really mild bumps. Also it was throwing the geometry off with the swaybars and endlinks so I was getting weird noises from the rear end even after I had tightened everything up.

Right now I'd say they are back up to around an 8/10.

If you want to go as low as possible, I suggest doing something like the following:

Set them up on the initial installation so the ride height is 1/2" higher than you want.

Allow them to settle for 10-14 days with a good amount of driving time.

Readjust them in small increments, up or down as desired. If they start getting too harsh / bottoming out, raise them up a turn (which is like 1/16") until they perform the way you want. This might take a few adjustment cycles, but you'll get them at the best point for comfort and height.

Once they're set up and settled in, it's probably a good idea to get the wheels aligned.

ಠ_ಠ

2008 MR Phantom Black

Old 04-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #48
Deftorn
X-phile

Fantastic write-up here. Great pictures of before and after. It looks great man. Amazing what a drop can do. I was showing my co-worker my car and she's like "you want to go even lower than this?" (stock still) ... while she has a mild understanding of cars due to her hubby, it's hard to explain how much better it looks without a huge gap. I should show her this thread
Redline E-brake // Armrest // Shiftboot cover
Beatrush rear tow hook
FA 500 coilovers with swift springs
SSP 2p underpanel
Whiteline RSB // RCC kit // Camber/toe arm
Deftorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #49
Baller4u2nv
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandiloro View Post
I would say right before I adjusted them, the comfort level was something like a 6/10. Most of the time it was ok, but they were bottoming out on some really mild bumps. Also it was throwing the geometry off with the swaybars and endlinks so I was getting weird noises from the rear end even after I had tightened everything up.

Right now I'd say they are back up to around an 8/10.

If you want to go as low as possible, I suggest doing something like the following:

Set them up on the initial installation so the ride height is 1/2" higher than you want.

Allow them to settle for 10-14 days with a good amount of driving time.

Readjust them in small increments, up or down as desired. If they start getting too harsh / bottoming out, raise them up a turn (which is like 1/16") until they perform the way you want. This might take a few adjustment cycles, but you'll get them at the best point for comfort and height.

Once they're set up and settled in, it's probably a good idea to get the wheels aligned.
Thanks for the advice
Baller4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2013, 03:15 AM   #50
mrtelur

sweet evo x ever
mrtelur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement