Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Need help

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  trick3d 
#1 ·
Please don't get angry guys because I know nothing about anything & do not own an evo..but my boyfriend has an '08 Evo X & I want to buy him an analog turbo boost gauge for xmas. I want it to be a surprise so I'm afraid to ask him too many questions, although I probably already have. I know he wants it above the dash on the upper left side. I want to get him the best one there is. Any suggestions?? THANK YOU! :D

#3 ·
why an analog?
we are now in the digital age ;)

#5 ·
Im gonna second the AEM!!!

#7 ·
I would suggest getting a single gauge pod a-pillar from DSG but it probably wont be ready by christmas. Buy him the AEM analog gauge which will be a few hundred bucks and get on the waiting list for the gauge pod from DSG. That should be plenty to keep him happy.

There are other companies that make analog but AEM matches the stock dash almost exactly. The only difference is AEM uses a red needle where our car uses a white.

#8 · (Edited)
^ I second that :D

Sounds like you're a great girlfriend! The AEM Boost Gauge is very good, we're using the Analog actually ourselves. You are able to swap the front piece to either have a black or white face so he can customize it to his preference. While the Pillar itself won't be ready for a bit as our current batch is filled up, as soon as it is we will ship it out to him so he can get it installed. The Pillar & Boost Gauge combo is 374.36 and you can grab it here. The Gauge itself will ship out immediately.

If you have any questions please feel free to send me a private message or email me at sean@dsgperformance.com :)

Analog boost gauge faceplate options (included in box)

Digital Boost Gauge Options (Included in box) -- The good thing about the digital gauge is that it displays a digital signal in the center and an analog sweeping needle in the circumference.

Please note that the black image above is for representation only as it is similar, but not the same gauge.

#11 ·
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE INPUT! :D

-Let's just say no budget.. ;D

-He said he was leaning more towards getting an analog bc he heard its easier to see it go up in the corner of his eye as he's driving rather than seeing a number pop up. But I see the digital AEM which looks like he'd like it. But does the light on the gauge move similar to the analog needle? I just want to make sure I get him exactly what he wants.

-I learned that the upper left side is also called a pillar if that clears up any confusion to the placement.. but here's an example of where he said he wants it:

#14 ·
I need to also add. You rock. When my wife and mother-in-law get me car parts or computer hardware for Christmas it totally makes my day. I'm sure whatever you end up getting will make his.

#15 ·
You are definitely a cool wife, my ex would never get me car parts! Considering you may not be able to get the DSG pillar pod in time, you could get him a mount something like mine to hold him over. Mine's a Defi analog gauge with a standard pod, but I'll be getting the DSG soon and this location will make it easy to move it to the pillar.

#17 ·
Last question guys!

Thank you all again for the help!
I've decided to stick with an analog boost because I don't know how he will feel about the green light on all the AEM digital boost gauges, and since AEM seems to be the nicest quality I'm going to stick with that one.

One more question though...WHICH ONE DO I GET?????????? It didn't occur to me that there were different types!!http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-Evo-X-AEM-Analog-Boost-Gauges.html

OH also.. I know he wants it on the pillar but I want to get him just a little stand on his dash just for now, how do I acquire this!? Thank you all again!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.