Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

the poorman's GTR.....

13K views 139 replies 26 participants last post by  bradze 
#1 ·
7 15-minute sessions at PIR, not a single cooling issue, so my latest mods worked exactly as planned. i believe me, i push hard! track season has begun in the NW, more pics to come.......

See less See more
#2 ·
What's your latest mods??

I'm down for cheap cooling solutions :)

#6 ·
kinda scared to talk about the cooler, but i have already. well, myself and xMR use a small setrab cooler in front of the stock SST cooler. no need for another pump. instead of the pricey fluid, we just use 5L of the diaqueen stuff. its exactly what the getrag engineers did to the evo x they successfully campaigned in the 24hrs at the nurburgring. i also put brake "ducts" on, 1/3rd the price of the mitsu ones, and almost 3x as big. my tires were pretty damn stinky, slowing the way i do for the chicane at PIR requires serious braking!

#9 ·
i do have to say, the SSP cooler with fluid is most likely a lot smoother

#10 ·
wasn't using any timing equipment. was wet off and on all day, but i stayed on my R comps all day, next time i go there ill try to take some vids

#16 ·
driven a GSR, sucks donkey balls compared to my MR. oh, and the reason i waxed it is cone scuffs come off so much easier with wax on. last year i fucked up my paint pretty good(besides the trunk), wanna start taking care of it

#18 ·
HR2L, yeah i have ss lines, and motul 600 fluid, was experiencing some fade even with those in the past, so the ducts were needed. and those are BFG R1 tires, plenty of life left, totally different from street tires

#19 ·
the calipers didn't turn colors like normal, the lettering would probably be red after today had i not installed those porsche brake ducts

#26 ·
HUH! WHat porsche brake ducts?

Need info man, do you have any pics of this setup.

Thanks,

NEWB

#21 ·
Nice pictures..

#23 ·
a professional took pics of everybody, the ones of me came out great.

#28 ·
Yeah, he did get better shots of you. There are a couple good ones of me but man do I need a full face helmet so as to hide what the g-forces do to my face in pictures :).

It is okay to share info on the cooler/fluid Brad, just wanted to make sure we tested it before letting the cat out of the bag.

#24 · (Edited)
Make sure to not to forget to wash your car again!

#25 · (Edited)
tried to keep up with this guy but he 413whp/403wtq in a 3100lb evo 8 rs plus hes been driving an evo a lot more than i have

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.