For those of you that have spent over $20,000 on mods - Page 13 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 10-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #121
xFonts
Forum Lackey

Doesn't ACD actually tune the ACD pack, ddawg?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AMS FMIC ☼ ACT HDSS ☼ AEM 320lph
ID 1300cc ☼ GrimmSpeed EBCS
E85
MHI 18K ☼ Ohlins R&T
Radium Dual Catch Can || Fuel Rail
Sakura Intake || UICP || Street Exhaust ☼ Synpase DV
T1R Resonated TestPipe
Whiteline FSB || RSB || RCK
xFonts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #122
Murlo26
Dr. Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMint View Post
That was redline time attack, not world time attack. There are lots of different versions of time attack.
Ok, gotcha. Regardless, it would've been interesting to see the TA-X compete against the sierra sierra and others. The car had like 300k invested into and the race weight was pretty damn light, they acid dipped the car for shit sake.

I think people would be surprised if that car went into service in the world time attack or whatever with a really good team, it has potential to beat up on others.

I think AMS is selling it for like 100k right now, buy it up someone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #123
WW EVO X
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
Ok, gotcha. Regardless, it would've been interesting to see the TA-X compete against the sierra sierra and others. The car had like 300k invested into and the race weight was pretty damn light, they acid dipped the car for shit sake.

I think people would be surprised if that car went into service in the world time attack or whatever with a really good team, it has potential to beat up on others.

I think AMS is selling it for like 100k right now, buy it up someone
IF not mistaken, AMS has not beaten the Local Evasive Evo here in CA on CA tracks. And comparing the 2 Shops.... AMS is on a whole other level.

Last night I typed out a 3 paragraph reply to the comments in here but in the end it doesn't matter. Realistically, If my friends were to ask me the same question, my reply would be... " It's your money, do what you want!" People get too worked up on what the car "CAN DO". People need to worry about what YOU CAN DO not what OTHERS CAN DO.

Shit, My personally opinion... 20K and I see Volks, Varis Parts, Aftermarket Headlights/Tail lights etc...... Your decisions were definitely not mine.

I chose the power route... I haven't even spent more than 6K on my car in terms of power. How? I have been investing in cars since my Honda days. Knowing the right people and working in this industry you meet the right people at the right times. There's a few members on here who frequently ask me for guidance and how I was able to do what I did with my X in a matter of 2 months.... that's a whole different topic.

Back on topic....

This goes for everyone....... It's your money, do as you please. Please yourself, and don't MOD your car for anyone else but yourself. There are way too many " Should I buy This or That " threads. Your letting your car be built by others inputs. Yes you pulled the trigger but you were swayed by opinions. If you want to spend 20K on the Evo... Great this is EvoXforums your most likely as obvious in this thread will get support. If you want to invest 20K in a Computer Chair strapped to a LSx motor then go for it... be sure you get a cage. again, "It's your money, do as you please"

-I have spoken.

Last edited by WW EVO X; 10-18-2013 at 04:06 PM.
WW EVO X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #124
dkevox
[Team IEG VP]

computer chair strapped to an LS motor sounds like the coolest thing ever!!!!!!!

Quote:
Hey Ddawgg, you know what would be funny? I'll bring you some Taco Bell breakfast food at Evopalooza, ya know, like a joke. It'll be hilarious, I can't wait....oh...hold on a sec. I got ahead of myself, I forgot your a giagantic douche that would rather go to a wedding then dominate a road course. Nevermind....

---------------------------
--------------------------
dkevox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #125
[email protected]
[Elite Merchant]

Is the car running yet? it's been a while now.

Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik84 View Post
I have now spent close to $40k in mods and haven't driven my car in almost 5 months.

When done my car will compete with just about anything you can buy. I will be $70k into the car with the purchase price, there is nothing under $100k that I could do which would compete aside from a used GTR with a decent build, and I'm not a GTR fan...

Will report back when the damn thing is running and if it was really worth it or not...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

DYNOJET AWD ON PREMISES!!!

2009 Nissan GTR
@ 183 Dec 2015 Full Street

2003 EVO8
MPH 3055 lb Full Street machine!! Oct 2009

1992 Talon AWD [email protected] (Oct 2005) Full exhaust, full glass 3122lb
1993.5 Supra
(Stock Auto, drag radials) [email protected] 6 Speed! 2009

1993.5 Supra
(Oct 2010)

HKS PRO DEALER!
Cobb Protuner "Live Data!"
Factory Trained Tuner FCON V-PRO, AEM EMS, Haltech, Motec, Autronic.
Sean@IVEYTUNE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #126
Murlo26
Dr. Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Is the car running yet? it's been a while now.

Sean
It is "running" i think, but working out so called gremlins. They fed gizmo water I guess.

Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #127
JV21804

I would have bought a gtr with all the money I spent on my projects...
JV21804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #128
BlueX702
Forum Lackey

Would I do it again maybe, but not to the extent of this build.

You can never get the amount of recognition I've received on this build from a stock car.

BlueX702 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #129
LaRosa94x
Just Spooling Up

If I could go back id get the sick new wrx that was just released at the LA auto show hahaha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

LaRosa94x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement