Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

EVO X ECU Wiring Pin Out

60K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  EVOTK0320 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Yes, this is more for people that will be taping in wires for fuel controllers and data loggers and such.

There is no RPM signal on the newer CAN communications ECUs. Anyone looking for a tach signal would need something that can be set to one cylinder and they would splice into the coil trigger.

For now as far as immediate ECU tuning solutions I like the AEM FIC. I dont think you would have much luck with the Apexi AFC. I think flash tuning for the masses (ECUFlash style) is probably a good year away.

Mike W

(Oh look, I'm a n00b)

#7 ·
Mike,

1. How different is this wireing and pins from the evo 9?
2. Does this use CAN A or B protocol?

thanks,

#21 ·
I dun think it's faster, but it can reach a higher pressure.

#20 · (Edited)
Maybe this is a stupid question but is there no Pin 22, 28, 29, 31, 32, 33, 47, 48, 49, 50, 54, 55, 56, 57, 59, 63, 64, 80, 86, 94, 95, 99, 100, 101, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 116on the ECU Pinout ?

Just noticing that since...THe little sketch has those number but there not on the list...are they just an empty pin? or did they forget or not know what the heck it was too.

#24 ·
I think its both, it is faster and also has a high peak?

#28 ·
Correct, there is no tach signal to be had. Anything that is looking for a tach signal needs to be set to one cylinder and then you tap one of the coil triggers. If what you have can not be set to one cylinder, then no tach signal for you :-(

Mike W

#30 ·
Does anyone have ECU pinout with wire colors? I couldn't find it anywhere.

#32 ·
DONT use the FSM wire colours.

I found they are different to what is on the car vs pin numbers :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.