AEM 50-1220 Fuel Pump Install questions - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Performance
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Performance General discussion for performance topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:

Old 04-25-2019, 05:16 AM   #1
Strider327

AEM 50-1220 Fuel Pump Install questions

Hello EVO X Community:

I have a few questions about this particular fuel pump I am getting ready to install.

1. Do I need a fuel pump install kit to install this pump? IE MAP or Kozmic?

2. Will the stock harness plug into this fuel pump without modifications?

3. I read an article by Road Race Engineering stating that the stock fuel stock needs to be used. Does anyone know what the part number is for this? I rather buy a new one than reuse the old one.

4. Are the submersible 2 fuel hoses in the fuel pump basket E85 Compatible or do I need to buy specific E85 hoses to swap? If I do need to buy the hoses, where should I get them from? Part numbers etc.

5. Can I install this and drive around until I get tuned?

Sorry for the newb questions if these questions have already been answered. I just want to make sure that I am not buying extra or missing things I need when I have it all apart.

Thanks in advance
Strider327 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019, 02:26 AM   #2
Strider327

Update:

Pump installed without any install kit. Stock wiring harness plugged in no modification needed. Fuel sock will need to be replaced with an E85 compatible one.

Cheers!
Strider327 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2019, 09:01 PM   #3
turismolover22
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider327 View Post
Update:

Pump installed without any install kit. Stock wiring harness plugged in no modification needed. Fuel sock will need to be replaced with an E85 compatible one.

Cheers!
A.C. Delco PN 92220509

Flex Fuel Pump Sock
turismolover22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement