Greddy Profec B Spec II or Mitsubishi boost controller - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Performance
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Performance General discussion for performance topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:

Old 08-16-2012, 02:40 AM   #1
develop247
n00b

Greddy Profec B Spec II or Mitsubishi boost controller

Hello everyone.
The car is 2012 evo x gsr.
The car was installed with this greddy profec b spec 2 EBC.
if it was up to me i would have never bought this thing, but its not my car.

whats happening is while under 100% throttle there is a relay under the dash clicking rapidly. not sure what relay it is due to this only happening while the car is driving. can anyone relate or understand what is happening in this situation?

I believe the MR comes stock with a switch that will increase the boost. no? if it does, would this switch be able to be installed with the stock GSR Boost solenoids?

What is the best way to increase boost without having the ecu worked utilizing the factory boost controller?

Is anyone running a MBC? My experience is only with this type of BC.

Last, does anyone know how to get this thing to work right? the car is factory besides this single mod. i have read many would say ditch any aftermarket BC and return it to stock, but again its not my car. any input would be appreciated. i've been all over forum after forum youtube and ended up making this post. thanks in advance.
develop247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 03:17 AM   #2
momostallion
Forum Lackey

an audible clicking relay? could be the relay that the greddy uses. none of the stock ones should make any noise.

personally i would sell the greddy and i would use a 3 port boost controller. it is exceptional for controlling boost on these cars and it is quite the bargain. it will require you to adjust a couple of tables in the ecu but it's pretty easy if you have a tactrix openport or cobb accessport.

some folks will use an MBC. it works but im not a fan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
momostallion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2012, 03:27 AM   #3
vastevo
Just Spooling Up

you need a 3-port. grimmspeed, cobb, and perrin make them...

thread closed.
vastevo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 03:29 AM   #4
ScottSpeed21
Forum Lackey

Looks like the Greddy is just a 3 port with its own controller. Where is the solenoid mounted? The plunger inside the solenoid might be what you're hearing...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ScottSpeed21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
ZeroCooll21
[NEEvo President]

Its the Greddy solenoid. I had this set up on old turbo'd celica, completely normal. If you don't like the clicking look for a better place to mount the solenoid. Someplace where its not metal on metal. I put my 3port on the evo right where the stock solenoid was.

RIP Lomker
ZeroCooll21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
Exyia
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroCooll21 View Post
Its the Greddy solenoid. I had this set up on old turbo'd celica, completely normal. If you don't like the clicking look for a better place to mount the solenoid. Someplace where its not metal on metal. I put my 3port on the evo right where the stock solenoid was.
yeah I believe it's the solenoid that's causing the clicking. grimmspeed was really smart to use the stock boost controller bracket because it has thick rubber washers to isolate the noise. on the RA, either the bracket is different or my old tuner threw it out when he first installed a boost pill, so the 3port was installed on one of those studs right under the windshield (above firewall) - and caused that annoying clicking

thankfully, they sell these seperate from the dealer. I ordered a set back when I had my RA, never used them (traded the car in) - but they cost practically nothing. You could try ordering a pair of those washers and get some metal to make your own bracket

Kozmic Motorsports
GTWorx / Race Comp Engineering
Forced Induction Development
Whiteline
Exyia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement