Hit 33 psi Today. Problem? - Page 4 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 01-24-2014, 05:05 AM   #31
ww13x
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCHAMP619 View Post
33 PSI was BTACK working at COBB when u got tuned?
Lol! I know btack brought a lot of these issues upon himself, but man you guys are ruthless.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
ww13x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2014, 05:26 AM   #32
UT_EvoX
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezon View Post
Pretty sure the Cobb maps have a 30psi limp mode limit on the MRs. It's where the clutches let go.

We had issues with this when tuning my car. But they may have lifted it in the latest firmware?

So my point is, It's doubtful you even went over 30psi. Don't you have a regular boost gauge?
On Accessport, that's fixed by adjusting the MAP load limit to 400. Standard in all of the stage maps I believe.

Overboosting wouldn't be of as big of an issue on the Accessport if they supported IAT-adjusted WGDC. Also, their latest V403 maps have upward boost compensation enabled like stock which is annoying and causes massive boost spikes.
UT_EvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 05:39 AM   #33
ak47m203
Dr. Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011EvoXMR View Post
Would this be an easy fix with a manual boost controller and just turning it down or is it beyond that? Right now I just have a 3 port EBCS, not adjustable.
Dont do that...manual boost controller with 3port EBCS.
ak47m203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 05:55 AM   #34
SDCHAMP619
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ww13x View Post
Lol! I know btack brought a lot of these issues upon himself, but man you guys are ruthless.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Lol its all in good fun. I even forwarded him this thread. I couldn't hold back after the last conversation me and him had.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<---CLICK HERE
TeamMitsu San Diego
5150-RACING.COM

2012 Phantom Black GSR:

2013 Cosmic Blue MR(Wife's Car/DD)
SDCHAMP619 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 06:53 AM   #35
CanEvo2012
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOL ME View Post
Please help me with this one. When you say 11.1 throughout, it doesn't flutter or fluctuate? What gauge if you don't mind me asking and digital or analog?
It drops by 0.1 at some point, but then stays flat... I saw that in the logs. I ma using analog gauge and don't really look on it when flooring.. too hard to say if it's 11.1 or 11.5...

Now, bare with me here. I am pretty sure my logging is hooked up correctly because that what we used for the e-tune, but I would like to relog some time soon to ensure I am not wrong... because it does sound to be too good to be true.

eTune by Chet Rickerman, the best mod really.

2012 PB GSR - 340 AWHP/338 TQ on a good day.
CanEvo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 06:56 AM   #36
CanEvo2012
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCHAMP619 View Post
AFR gauge... While driving like a normal DD you notice that your AFR is not 14.7... It's at 16... Bet it stops you from WOT and you log your car to find out why your going lean... Or you go WOT and you glance over and you should be sub 12 but your 12.5... No knock light but again bet you let off and start asking questions... All things that can help to find issues before they become really really bad... Or how about at idle ur at 11.6 and your running a cat...

To me AFR is more important then the boost... Maybe you don't look at it every mile u drive but I bet you glance every once an awhile and will know your car better then u did without it.
I see what you mean there, but somehow I just don't glance on it... I guess I should because all those scenarios you listed are valid pre-failure checkpoints.

Damn, gonna go and force myself to pay attention at all those things.

eTune by Chet Rickerman, the best mod really.

2012 PB GSR - 340 AWHP/338 TQ on a good day.
CanEvo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 12:16 PM   #37
EVOL ME
X-phile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanEvo2012 View Post
It drops by 0.1 at some point, but then stays flat... I saw that in the logs. I ma using analog gauge and don't really look on it when flooring.. too hard to say if it's 11.1 or 11.5.
Thanks for the answer. Just wanted to make sure I am not crazy. People always ask what my/your AFR is, and I can never truly say, specifically as you stated above. 11.1 or 11.5.
EVOL ME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 12:25 PM   #38
r34p3rex
[Local Team Member]

Easy fix: disconnect the EBCS and run wastegate pressure

Sent from my Nexus 5

r34p3rex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2014, 07:16 PM   #39
2011EvoXMR
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellacotim View Post
Post a log. 3rd gear, WOT, 2000 - 7000 RPM. Log Boost, Load, RPM, Fine WGDC, WGDC_Correction, Ign. Timing, Knock, Accelerator %.
Good idea. Im 5 hours ahead of Central time so I'll go out tomorrow (Saturday) and do a log.

Thanks for the positive feedback. Good thing is that I hardly ever go WOT. 60% throttle gets me up and going fast enough without too much boost or over doing it. Being without a tuner or reliable shop to go to for repairs has kept me pretty conservative. I get my speed fix doing rally with another car.
2011EvoXMR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement