Hit 33 psi Today. Problem? - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 01-23-2014, 09:49 PM   #11
Leezon
Forum Lackey

Pretty sure the Cobb maps have a 30psi limp mode limit on the MRs. It's where the clutches let go.

We had issues with this when tuning my car. But they may have lifted it in the latest firmware?

So my point is, It's doubtful you even went over 30psi. Don't you have a regular boost gauge?
2012 MR - MHI 18K Turbo - AEM E85 Pump - ID1000 - 3.5 IC - ETS CBE - ETS DP - ETS TP - ETS Intake - Speed Circuit UICP - Speed Circuit Heat Shield - Grimmspeed 3port - Innovate MTX-L - Defi Gauges - TurboSmart Dual Port Bov - H&R Springs - Varrstoen ES2s - Baka Tuned
Leezon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2014, 09:52 PM   #12
ak47m203
Dr. Evo?

OK I though your still in Texas.
ak47m203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2014, 09:55 PM   #13
Darksun280
Forum Lackey

Boost & Fuel in the right amount can/should be used to find and kill any weaknesses in a vehicle and forcibly extract the cancer from the cars drivetrain. Almost compareable to an exorcism but with out the holywater.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
E-Spec SDX Tune\ E-Spec Built 2.0\ ETS DBB 6262 Turbo Kit\ Kelford 214B\Depo Racing 3.5 FMIC
10.97 @ 128
E-Spec Army
1st Evo X in 10's on 93oct
Darksun280 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 10:01 PM   #14
2011EvoXMR
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezon View Post
Pretty sure the Cobb maps have a 30psi limp mode limit on the MRs. It's where the clutches let go.

We had issues with this when tuning my car. But they may have lifted it in the latest firmware?

So my point is, It's doubtful you even went over 30psi. Don't you have a regular boost gauge?
Im custom tuned (i.e. pro tuned I think is the term). No OTS maps for me. No regular gauges at all. I know, I know, I need a wideband at least but I figured the AP was good for at least boost. No?
I believe I was the second MR Cobb tuned with that package and the first 2011 MR they upgraded/tuned. They said there were minor but noticeable differences for the tune.
2011EvoXMR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2014, 10:13 PM   #15
2011EvoXMR
Just Spooling Up

Would this be an easy fix with a manual boost controller and just turning it down or is it beyond that? Right now I just have a 3 port EBCS, not adjustable.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:23 PM   #16
absentglare
X-phile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011EvoXMR View Post
Im custom tuned (i.e. pro tuned I think is the term). No OTS maps for me. No regular gauges at all. I know, I know, I need a wideband at least but I figured the AP was good for at least boost. No?
I believe I was the second MR Cobb tuned with that package and the first 2011 MR they upgraded/tuned. They said there were minor but noticeable differences for the tune.
WHY WOULD ANYONE TUNE WITHOUT INSTALLING GAUGES?!?

RrRrrAaaawrrgggarrrbbbblll¥]£]^.'e

I installed gauges before exhaust (though, afr's o2 sensor wasn't connected until downpipe install).

Beware the timebomb you drive to work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
absentglare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2014, 10:35 PM   #17
2011EvoXMR
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by absentglare View Post
WHY WOULD ANYONE TUNE WITHOUT INSTALLING GAUGES?!?

RrRrrAaaawrrgggarrrbbbblll¥]£]^.'e

I installed gauges before exhaust (though, afr's o2 sensor wasn't connected until downpipe install).

Beware the timebomb you drive to work.

Call me stupid but I trusted Cobb when they said gauges are nice but werent 100% necessary at the time. Two years later and I dont "need" gauges to tell me Im over boosting. I am cautious and concerned that I dont light up like a space shuttle but there isnt anything I could about anything currently located where I am. No dyno's, no tuners, nothing.
You installed gauges before an exhaust? Please tell me more about your extensive modifications.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:56 PM   #18
Darksun280
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Call me stupid but I trusted Cobb when they said gauges are nice but werent 100% necessary at the time. Two years later and I dont "need" gauges to tell me Im over boosting. I am cautious and concerned that I dont light up like a space shuttle but there isnt anything I could about anything currently located where I am. No dyno's, no tuners, nothing.
You installed gauges before an exhaust? Please tell me more about your extensive modifications.
Don't feel bad. I didn't want any gauges either when I first got my car. That's why I got the cobb. I wanted to set it and forget it. Unfortunately the car game doesn't work that way. The less you know whats going on with the car the easier for something stupid/simple to possible go wrong and take you out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
E-Spec SDX Tune\ E-Spec Built 2.0\ ETS DBB 6262 Turbo Kit\ Kelford 214B\Depo Racing 3.5 FMIC
10.97 @ 128
E-Spec Army
1st Evo X in 10's on 93oct
Darksun280 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2014, 11:00 PM   #19
ww13x
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Installing gauges before is never a bad idea... Monitoring afr and boost will NEVER hurt you. On the contrary, without monitoring you could be driving a ticking time bomb. I do not have gauges at the moment either but I know once I'm tuned I will 100% have at least boost and AFR.

ww13x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2014, 11:05 PM   #20
CanEvo2012
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ww13x View Post
Installing gauges before is never a bad idea... Monitoring afr and boost will NEVER hurt you. On the contrary, without monitoring you could be driving a ticking time bomb. I do not have gauges at the moment either but I know once I'm tuned I will 100% have at least boost and AFR.

You know, I might be terribly wrong here, but really, I don't use my gauges at all.

When I was etuned through tactrix, I used them somewhat, but again ,everything happens so quick that you can't even glance at them to see what's where.

Now I just look at my CEL flashing when knock is there, but other than that, the gauges are just there...

How do you guys manage to even monitor anything? (Oil temp and pressure probably works, but boost and AFR is just so quickly changing, that it's impossible to register anything in your brain)

*Edit, my bad, actually boost gauge is useful because mine has alarm in case I overboost and that's what I watch out for.

eTune by Chet Rickerman, the best mod really.

2012 PB GSR - 340 AWHP/338 TQ on a good day.
CanEvo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement