Best engine oil for Evo X - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Engine (4B11T)
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Engine (4B11T) Discussion for engine systems that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
road.dancer

Best engine oil for Evo X

Opinions and experience-based observations requested

What do ya'll reckon is the best oil to run in your Evo? I changed my oil @ 1,000 mi. and installed Mobil 1 simply because that was the OEM recommendation. I know it's pretty good oil and that I should stay with a synthetic, but I want the absolute best protection, performance and efficiency possible. So what's the prevailing wisdom: Amsoil, Royal Purple, Mobil 1, Castrol Syntec, etc., etc.??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Evo X GSR - Apex Silver
SSS Package
Aero Kit
Sport Interior Pkg.
MODS:
JDM Nano 6.7 cm Stubby Antenna
AEM 21-678 CAI
Vishnu Stage Subzero 380V reflash
Blue LED interior/trunk lighting
Red emblem overlays
Some debadging
road.dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2009, 12:49 AM   #2
hollywood_X
[E-Tuner]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hollywood_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2009, 12:54 AM   #3
JNZTuning
[Approved Merchant]

EVO X performance headquarters and Mitsu OEM parts for WAY less than your dealer!
JNZTuning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 12:58 AM   #4
Jackygor
Forum Lackey

No best oil really. You can probably find an article online for everything single brand of oil as to why they are the "best". There are reputable ones like Amsoil, as hollywood have already commented, Mobil 1 extended performance, motul...etc. Look for group 4 synthetic as they are the "true" synthetics. Rumor has it that mobil one we have in our cars are group 3, so it is a blend of very refined mineral oil + synthetic, but no one can really prove it. Stick with whatever you think it is the "best".

Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2009, 01:00 AM   #5
LRM1981
Just Spooling Up

Motul...
Old 10-10-2009, 01:00 AM   #6
dakoop
Forum Lackey

Hmm.....

1 vote for Amsoil.
dakoop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2009, 01:03 AM   #7
funks
Just Spooling Up

German Castrol Syntec 0W30 available from your local autozone.
funks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2009, 01:13 AM   #8
hollywood_X
[E-Tuner]

I will have to say in addition to my post a couple of things.

1. In the chart above I posted it has Pennzoil as #3. Yet I would still put any of those other oils in the car over it. So like Jacky said everyone has some "Independent lab" that shows their results and can make themselves look good in one way or another. Also the reason I wouldn't use Pennzoil is because everycar I have ever pulled apart thats ran it for any ammount of time has (Varnished) internals. Simply put it actually burns into the pores in the metal bonding with it. Yeah it may give more protection that way but it also builds up over time. I have actually seen it so bad that it added to the engines compression ratio, and had valves too thick to move anymore. That kind of build up on parts with tight tolerances at firsts robs power, then turns into stress that leads to failure.

2. I used to work for an environmental company that cleaned tanks for refineries. Everything from gas, oil, methanol, or whatever. Shit they used to lower me through 12" openings 20' underground to clean out old bunker C tanks. Anyways to get to my point I got to see the insides of where a lot of todays oil is stored before its packaged up and sent to market. Some of the places would have all kinds of crap in their tanks you sure as hell wouldn't want in your car. So Im selective on who I use for products. Shell, Amsoil, and Quaker state.

Edit; Also Kendall (I completely forgot about) is a damn good product

hollywood_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2009, 01:15 AM   #9
hotdog
Dr. Evo?

Queue the "I've used Brand X for 70 years and never had an engine blow up, thus, use Brand X!" people
Old 10-10-2009, 04:56 AM   #10
dcpatters
Just Spooling Up

Just put ZMax in it; you'll be fine.

Seriously, check out this place:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/
dcpatters is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement